The first update i have actually been disappointed in

GalaxyGryphon

before you go all "ITS AN ALPHA STOP BEING SO ENTITLED" i already understand what i payed for and accept my responsibility for doing so. im just ranting is all. also i am using 100% stock.

anyway:

This is the first, genuine update that actually makes me sad, the amount of bug in this update is insane, i have no idea how this got past any sort of testing phase. especially when within 20 minuets of game play there are numerous bugs and even crashes preventing me from landing on the moon like random torque being applied to my ship and solar panels exploding. i mean really, just take a look at the development page of the forum, it looks like everything is literally broken. on top of that the supposed increase in performance resulted in a decrease in performance for A LOT of people.

whats with the forced low quality textures? you couldn't have just made it an option?

also where do i post my crash dump, ive had the same error a couple of times now.

Edited by GalaxyGryphon

Funny how loads of us have put significant time in since the update and have had no issues.

Only a small minority have had problems. If these issues do indeed exist then going by the numbers, it stands to reason that it would be fairly easy to miss during tests.

This is the first, genuine update that actually makes me sad, the amount of bug in this update is insane, i have no idea how this got past any sort of testing phase.

Ill tell you. All forum users asking for 0.2 everyday 24/7 and not thinking on anything that is not 0.2, and wishing and praying for 0.2, altogether, made the devs anxious to release this update. They rushed the release to make everyone happy and not wait any longer. The result is a buggy release without much to see.

Also, keep in mind this update was more of a "how game works" and manages memory update than a parts/gameplay update. Nonetheless, it need fixing.

Funny how loads of us have put significant time in since the update and have had no issues.

Only a small minority have had problems. If these issues do indeed exist then going by the numbers, it stands to reason that it would be fairly easy to miss during tests.

"A small minority" is what filled 2 pages of reports in the bug/support section, not only doing threads but commenting as well.

The update was supposed to make the game work better. The only thing that made the game "work better" -in quotation marks because it's really not measurable- was making the game uglier.

The oceans are made of lag now and on top of that they removed (or didn't include) a layer of customization options needed for people to fix this by themselves. Just imagine how the amount of complaints would have decreased if they had put an option to keep the old planet textures or use the blurry new ones, same goes with the water.

On top of this comes the pushed back features like resources and plain badly designed stuff like making the seats an unmanned part instead of a creweable one.

AND on top of that comes the horrible work made by the "Excellent QA Team" that didn't notice any of this or the exploding flags or the forever lost underground rovers/bases.

If you still want to mix the bad stuff pot, throw in the fact that they only took what already had been made for kspx and addded 2 ivas as in "no effort was put".

Just my opinion, nothing to get mad about.

AND on top of that comes the horrible work made by the "Excellent QA Team" that didn't notice any of this or the exploding flags or the forever lost underground rovers/bases.

I'm pretty sure the underground bases are a compatibility issue. I would hope the QA team is not wasting valuable time testing compatibility between patches for a game that isn't complete yet.

Sweet chocolate baby raptorjesus on a crutch. Can we lay off the QA team insults? This is why these threads get locked. These are FULL of nothing but insults toward the devs and QA teams. If this continues, this one's going out the door, too.

I'm pretty sure the underground bases are a compatibility issue. I would hope the QA team is not wasting valuable time testing compatibility between patches for a game that isn't complete yet.

They could waste time and save themselves the insults and save the devs 2 pages of bug reports (that's 2 pages without including cloned threads) by testing the game more intensively or maybe with a bit more time (I mean, come on, there were bug reports right at the time the update was launched).

They could waste time and save themselves the insults and save the devs 2 pages of bug reports (that's 2 pages without including cloned threads) by testing the game more intensively or maybe with a bit more time (I mean, come on, there were bug reports right at the time the update was launched).
Seriously? INSULTS ARE NEVER JUSTIFIED.

You sir are an ignorant child in my less than humble opinion and could have saved yourself that insult by thinking before you posted! (see what I did there?)

Sweet chocolate baby raptorjesus on a crutch. Can we lay off the QA team insults? This is why these threads get locked. These are FULL of nothing but insults toward the devs and QA teams. If this continues, this one's going out the door, too.

coming from the FIRST person in the thread to make an unnecessary, snide remark...

this thread was only to voice my disappointment, not raging fury.

just saying.

Except that it would be wasting time, because even if they reported to the devs, "Hey, this build breaks savegames", the devs aren't going to do anything to fix it. All QA will get is more insults from the forums for the bugs they missed while they were off "discovering" the expected result of a patch to a project under heavy development. Hey wait... maybe that's what happened.

Seriously? INSULTS ARE NEVER JUSTIFIED.

You sir are an ignorant child in my less than humble opinion and could have saved yourself that insult by thinking before you posted! (see what I did there?)

Thanks for giving me the winning hand.

As I could have saved myself the insults by "thinking more", they could have done the same by testing more.

Going back to what I said, we are talking opinions here, except for a one or two coherent remarks that seem to be objectively centered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.