The first update i have actually been disappointed in

GalaxyGryphon

Sweet chocolate baby raptorjesus on a crutch. Can we lay off the QA team insults? This is why these threads get locked. These are FULL of nothing but insults toward the devs and QA teams. If this continues, this one's going out the door, too.

Looking at your posts, it seems to me that you think everything is an insult. I don't know, is English not your first language?

If that's the case I'll just help you out: Criticising someone's work is not an insult.

Frustration and disappointment are understandable when your personal projects are affected by unforseen bugs or issues with the new changes. I assure you, everything you bring up is being looked into and worked on. Criticism is always welcome, and I understand why you may feel compelled to be sarcastic or insulting, but we would appreciate if you guys try to keep the discussion civil and at a cool tone. Keep submitting issues to the bugtracker and helping us, and we'll do our best to use your feedback positively and make every release cleaner and with less issues.

thank you for the reply. im sorry if i came off as a little heated.

When you're passionate about something you love, getting heated when something goes wrong is part of the natural process. I'm not asking anyone to not be upset, I'm asking you to work with us instead of against us, the game is not complete and there's always room for improvement, and KSP would be nowhere without you guys backing up. If you want to help us get better, bring up reports, suggest things that you think may make our testing processes sleeker, I'm here to listen to you guys.

I don't think you are the problem gryphon, you've been pretty civil

I wouldn't call anyone a problem. Insulting's obviously not cool, but if we can all just get a handle on our tone and work together, we can get on fixing whatever issues have popped up in .20 as fast as possible instead of losing our tempers and wasting energy arguing pointlessly.

Edited by Maxmaps

When you're passionate about something you love, getting heated when something goes wrong is part of the natural process. I'm not asking anyone to not be upset, I'm asking you to work with us instead of against us, the game is not complete and there's always room for improvement, and KSP would be nowhere without you guys backing up. If you want to help us get better, bring up reports, suggest things that you think may make our testing processes sleeker, I'm here to listen to you guys.

I wouldn't call anyone a problem. Insulting's obviously not cool, but if we can all just get a handle on our tone and work together, we can get on fixing whatever issues have popped up in .20 as fast as possible instead of losing our tempers and wasting energy arguing pointlessly.

Well said.

Haven't found any problems yet, except for the ones I'm seeing, like MechJeb not working and things like that. It's not like I use it, but it's good to have just in case.

Can anyone check if the old mods work normally and which ones don't work in 0.20?

See this thread.

*Moving Images*

Was going to say something about textures being all cool and stuff, thenn I saw this ... now I have to take a look for myself

other then that, I haven't encountered any problems that have not been self made XD

before you go all "ITS AN ALPHA STOP BEING SO ENTITLED" i already understand what i payed for and accept my responsibility for doing so. im just ranting is all. also i am using 100% stock.

anyway:

This is the first, genuine update that actually makes me sad, the amount of bug in this update is insane, i have no idea how this got past any sort of testing phase. especially when within 20 minuets of game play there are numerous bugs and even crashes preventing me from landing on the moon like random torque being applied to my ship and solar panels exploding. i mean really, just take a look at the development page of the forum, it looks like everything is literally broken. on top of that the supposed increase in performance resulted in a decrease in performance for A LOT of people.

whats with the forced low quality textures? you couldn't have just made it an option?

also where do i post my crash dump, ive had the same error a couple of times now.

Every instance of random torque i've run into in my game has been due to bad design choices on my part resulting in part clipping.. usually involving landing legs.. Eliminating the clipping eliminated the random torque in every case.

People expect too much at first launch, it is launched so it can get mass-tested, then updated. If you want it to be thoroughly tested, then don't expect speedy updates. I haven't seen any game-breaking bugs, only the textures not being as good. And yes, I know this is a rant thread, I'm not talking at the ranters, just the people insulting Squad for having bugs in the game.

nope, im running 100% stock parts and all that. i installed it on .19 and steam auto updated it to .20

if anyone else is having tourge problems some people have posted fixes in this thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30840-20-Constant-rotation-when-near-Mun

Edited by GalaxyGryphon

To the people who aren't seeing problems, are you using the steam version?

because i am.

I still using the store to update.

To get a completely fresh steam install I think you have to uninstall through Steam, delete folders manually, and reinstall through steam.

This update had some major changes to the folder hierarchy and some people have reported a fresh install helping.

Is it me or has the forum devolved from the normal wonderful, friendly peeps to a bitching, whining, crybaby trollstation all because the big changes introduced a lot of problems.

BUGS ARE NORMAL AND TO BE EXPECTED PEOPLE. You add new stuff, I can guarantee you will add new bugs. If you are not happy with the current version then go back to 19.1 until they post the 20.1 patch like others have suggested.

Did we get invaded by the negative ninnies overnight?

When I heard 0.20 was about to be released I deleted my entire steam version of the game. Then steam tried to update it and had to reinstall.

So far no problems whatsoever.

With every update comes its batch of bugs. Sadly this is the whole point of it being an alpha. until the core mechanics are optimized and ready to go, every update until then will be riddled with their own bugs. Reporting these bugs is what we do, more so than enjoying the game.

Is it me or has the forum devolved from the normal wonderful, friendly peeps to a bitching, whining, crybaby trollstation all because the big changes introduced a lot of problems.

BUGS ARE NORMAL AND TO BE EXPECTED PEOPLE. You add new stuff, I can guarantee you will add new bugs. If you are not happy with the current version then go back to 19.1 until they post the 20.1 patch like others have suggested.

Did we get invaded by the negative ninnies overnight?

please be honest with me... do you think you are doing anyone any better with a reply like that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.