Please report here if you're having absolutely ZERO problems with 0.20

rodion_herrera

Not a single issue here that wasn't mod related. Then again I understand this is a work in progress and would enjoy running across a bug that I could report in the proper forum so that I might be participating in a small way with the development of this awsome game. I mean, that is why you made the decision to purchase a game in development right? :) Loving this game Squad and and I'm really enjoying the evolution/development of this project!

No bugs for me :) (except for the fact that nobody at Squad understands basic rules of english, if the knowledge base records are anything to go by :) - either that or apostrophes are banned in Mexico).

If banning apostrophes altogether were the only way of killing the "greengrocer's apostrophe", I might just be able to get behind that.

How did he post in the wrong thread? This thread is about people with issues in .20 as well as people who don't.

Sorry, I started this thread, with the intent on searching for those with ZERO problems. In fact, HarvesteR himself commended the nature and intent of the thread, because it focuses on the positive aspects, and it helps provide perspective for the devs. There are TONS of other threads about bugs/issues, and this is not one of them. This thread is meant to CONTRAST those threads, and provide that perspective that I'm talking about--so if this thread also concentrated on bugs, how different is it with the other bug threads? That person SPECIFICALLY mentioned a bug, so in the strictest sense, it doesn't belong in this thread. You might notice that there are in fact, people mentioning about bugs, but the reason they can be in this thread is they also reported that they weren't having any major trouble with the game. THAT'S the difference.

Sorry, I started this thread, with the intent on searching for those with ZERO problems. In fact, HarvesteR himself commended the nature and intent of the thread, because it focuses on the positive aspects, and it helps provide perspective for the devs. There are TONS of other threads about bugs/issues, and this is not one of them. This thread is meant to CONTRAST those threads, and provide that perspective that I'm talking about--so if this thread also concentrated on bugs, how different is it with the other bug threads? That person SPECIFICALLY mentioned a bug, so in the strictest sense, it doesn't belong in this thread. You might notice that there are in fact, people mentioning about bugs, but the reason they can be in this thread is they also reported that they weren't having any major trouble with the game. THAT'S the difference.

Well, the question proposed by your thread title is a yes and no type. His post was on the "No, I am not having good performance" side. I'm well aware you made the thread, but that doesn't give you the right to be witty in your responses to someone who misunderstood.

Well, the question proposed by your thread title is a yes and no type. His post was on the "No, I am not having good performance" side. I'm well aware you made the thread, but that doesn't give you the right to be witty in your responses to someone who misunderstood.

Point taken, and I will modify the thread title.

Pros of this update so far:

I CAN LOOK AT KERBIN! (without lagging) Great job with the texture fix, guys!

The skipper engine is EXACTLY what we needed. THANK YOU!

The Cupola and mini lander are beautiful inside.

LARGE. DOCKING. PORTS. YES! This makes space station and interplanetary vessel construction so much simpler and less headache-inducing.

Being able to click on apoapsis tags and keep them open so I can adjust on the fly. Brilliant!

Being able to change root parts is wonderful as well.

The seats are really cool. I built some super minimalist rovers out of just the short I-beam, an RTG, a battery, four small rover wheels and a seat, and the thing is a blast to drive around. Can't wait to install my "serenity module" on my station, consisting of a long beam with a seat at the end of it where kerbals can go be alone and think.

Attaching pieces in the VAB seems to have been polished quite a bit. Not nearly as many random instances of things not fitting where they should.

Cons so far:

My space station blows up every single time I switch to it from a nearby vessel using [ or ]. Luckily, it's not a huge deal if I remember to save, but it was frustrating at first.

Wheels jitter causing rovers to suddenly get airborne. Sounds like Harv has this under control, though.

The seats aren't perfect yet. When you fall out of them, sometimes you can get stuck inside part of your vessel. This is not a big deal.

Sometimes kerbals and other parts freeze and won't respond to some inputs. My rover on Vall wouldn't turn off the parking brakes once, and a kerbal was frozen on the launchpad after I switched away from him and back. That seems to be new.

All in all, this update definitely fixed way more things than it broke. I was not expecting a whole lot from this one, so it was a very pleasant surprise. The little things that were fixed were all things that made the game more polished. This makes me feel like this team really wants to do all of the little things right in this game. Despite the fact that there wasn't a whole lot of brand new game mechanics, the few things that were added really opened up the existing mechanics and made the game more fun.

Bravo, team! Can't wait for the next one already!

I was going to post, but then my lunar rover exploded and sent my moonbase into lunar orbit. And the game sometimes crashes when entering a ship from EVA.

I was pretty angry that I had to download Hyperedit and put things back toghter (I only do that when a incident happens for a "Stupid" reason, like a glitch. Hyperedit is completely justified in this case, because it never would happen in real life).

The performace is way better but it is really annoying how when you exit seats you teleport 2 meters away from them. Once one of my kerbals almost got beheaded because he was stuck in a sturctural plate.

Well my Munbase is underground trapping Bill & Jeb, but apart from that everything's fine. Performance has improved massively on my 2GB Ram, Core 2 Duo machine. I can now run at default settings rather than having to stick all the graphics settings to their lowest.

Hooray for optimisation!

I don't see the point of this thread. What is its purpose? What can squad gain from knowing that some people haven't encountered any bugs? Nothing. Just because someone hasn't meet certain conditions for a specific bug doesn't mean it's not there. It would be better to gather all the people that have issues instead of cluttering the forum with those that don't.

I don't see the point of this thread. What is its purpose? What can squad gain from knowing that some people haven't encountered any bugs? Nothing. Just because someone hasn't meet certain conditions for a specific bug doesn't mean it's not there. It would be better to gather all the people that have issues instead of cluttering the forum with those that don't.

Refer to this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/31004-Please-report-here-if-you-re-having-absolutely-ZERO-problems-with-0-20?p=385640&viewfull=1#post385640

The developers do indeed reap benefits from this thread.