What mods do you use

Sarge82nd

Depends on what I'm doing and what mood I'm in. Sometimes I fly stock just to make sure that I haven't picked up any dependencies on mods. Sometimes I use so many mods that a player that only played stock wouldn't recognize most of the ship.

I definitely use the HOME mod for any bases, and I'm really looking forward to HOME 2. Kethane and ISA MapSat make me feel like I'm actually doing something in space instead of just being a tourist.

I tend to grab engines that are balanced well against stock engines from just about anywhere, because it always annoys me having to jump through hoops to get just the right amount of thrust for a given craft when you've got some HUGE gaps between engines. It's better now that we have the Skipper engine, but there's still enough of a gap, both above and below that one, to be annoying.

I also tend to grab huge fuel tanks from mods for my mothership-craft, because sticking with stock tanks means lots of tanks which means lots of lag. Or I could tone down my overly ambitious plans, which I do on occasion, but I tend to have more fun with the disgustingly big missions.

I might use the Firespitter stuff for solar powered UAVs to roleplay having recon assets attached to a base or colony.

EDIT: And for my really creative moments, I'll grab Damned Robotics and Kerbal Attachment System, Robotic Arms pack, stuff like that.

I don't know how you guys can build with out engineer redux. Its great for tweaking delta-v, orbits, anything data oriented. Waiting for haystack, alarm clock, and Maneuver node Improvement to update, they are all pretty basic and very useful utilities.

At the moment kerbal engineer redux and crew manifest

waiting on kerbal attachment system, damned robotics, and kethane for updates

looking at ioncross lifesupport, isa mapsat, and remote tech and considering adding them as well for more to do and more to worry about heh

Well at the moment I am using:

Fustek - Updated by Developer

Kspx - Updated by Developer

KWRocketry - Self edited for new file system

Mechjeb2 - Updated by Developer

NFJ Inc - Updated by Developer

Romfarer - Updated by Developer

Subassembly Loader - Updated by TheUndeadFish and smarky55

Thss - Self edited for new file system

ORDA - Updated by Maintainer

ED Tools - Updated by ghjm

Kerbal Alarm Clock - Updated by Developer

Part Generator - Updated by Developer

Edited by Simplicity

ATM, no mods. Stock 0.20 for now.

As for what I would use: Mechjeb 2.0.8 (I can use it, since it's 0.20 compatible), Kerbal Alarm Clock (also 0.20 compatible), Firespitter (no problems on 0.20 except for a few missing textures), Subassembly Loader, KAS (parts missing on 0.20), B9(mainly for the nosecone control modules), pWings, KSPX (Mainly for the micro parts), Pulse Detonation Engine(which requires Firespitter), Quantum Struts, Lazor Docking Cam, RW Improved Struts and Girders, Modular Multiwheels, Damned Robotics, Crew Manifest, KER(Rarely) and Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace (mainly for the Scramjet engine).

Mods are added and removed depending on circumstances. I usually play with anything from none to 38 mods.

Mechjeb, mostly for information.

Kethane, just started with this..

ISA Mapsat,

Damned Robotics (wanted to use for doors/ramps and arms), but currently broken for 0.20

Previously used:

DEMV mk5 (big, near-indestructabe rover, but now we can build proper rovers in any size.)

Fairing Factory, will check later for 0.20 compatibility and draw up some new ones.

Might use:

KSPX

HOME base modules

Jool V

Some other mod-parts that are balanced in the same spirit as the stock game..

Mechjeb2, Quantum Strut, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Subassembly Loader, MapSat, Kethane, Firespitter (just for electric props), Hooligan Lab Airships, Kerbal Attachment System (just for anchoring airships), Crew Manifest.

I like the parts to be stock unless they are providing a specific functionality that stock doesn't provide.

For now just MechJeb2, Mapsat (dev build version 4) and Kerbal alarm clock. I only have been around since .19 but I went nuts with adding too many mods, parts & plugins and we will just say .20 made it too tough to troubleshoot each mod, part, so I just started over. I'll get the Kethane mod and Lazor but I'm trying to get the most out of the stock stuff.

DynamicWarp (Going in slow motion is FUN! [And also gives me the time I need to do some "missing from action tabs" actions])

Engineer Redux (I am totally dependent on knowing all those little values)

SubassemblyLoader (Self Explanatory)

Haystack (Because even with 0.20's filtering; you still don't have a good in-flight GUI for searching (by name, no less) through, selecting, and transferring to / targeting vessels)

KSPX (Because it is a more "kerbal" parts mod)

*Other Self-Written Life-Support Things*

I'm currently expanding my mods a bit to eventually try

Kethane

Kerbal Attachment System

Damned Robotics

Quantum Fuel Line (I've had it around for a while, but never used it :S)

Ionocross Life Support (After the changes he has in store, it would make tweaking much easier and could become fairly neat)

I'm also planning to comb through

KW Rocketry

B9 Aerospace

To see if there are any parts I like. (And help bridge the "Engine Gap")

Edited by Fel

Well at the moment I am using:

Fustek - Updated by Developer

Kspx - Updated by Developer

KWRocketry - Self edited for new file system

Mechjeb2 - Updated by Developer

NFJ Inc - Updated by Developer

Romfarer - Updated by Developer

Subassembly Loader - Updated by TheUndeadFish and smarky55

Thss - Self edited for new file system

ORDA - Not tested yet

ED Tools - Updated by ghjm

Kerbal Alarm Clock - Updated by Developer

Part Generator - Updated by Developer

so you edited the tri hex struts for the new update? I'm not going to ask you to distribute anything but could you explain what is necessary? i love me some tri struts.

so you edited the tri hex struts for the new update? I'm not going to ask you to distribute anything but could you explain what is necessary? i love me some tri struts.

If you go here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24849-WIP-THSS-Tri-Hexagonal-Structural-Strut/page3

I have a link to the fix I did near or at the bottom of the last page :) (page 3 is my last page, but if you got smaller pages it may be more than that)

MechJeb2, BobCat's Soviet pack, Crew Manifest, FusTek station parts, and RLA Stock-alike so far. Waiting on NovaPunch, conformal tanks, and KW Rocketry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.