Your Biggest Fail in KSP!

gmpd2000

I was map view and i heard a explosion and i look back the engine fell off. i was like WTF happened

Happened to me a few times just when I go into map view, my rocket spontaneously explodes for no reason. It's them damn space gremlins, for sure!

Has to be my epic Eve probe trip, first I mounted the decoplers on the side probes the wrong way so the blocked the engine, then I used to much fuel droping the second probe by doing an deorbit burn with the transfer stage, drop probe and back to orbit as a result I did not have enough fuel to get the transfer stage in Gilly orbit so I put it on an impact path, planned to both get into orbit and land with the lander who was top mounted and should have enough fuel.

However I pressed space after switching to the probe and decouple the engine and fuel part as it was dual Eve and Gilly use. all three parts impacted Gilly :)

I was controlling my spacestation last night when I received a steamchat. I used shift-tab to answer and when I came back the engine on my docked fuel transfer ship was on. It ripped itself loose from the station, taking a dockingport with it and was on it's way to an orbit around the sun. I had to get the station back in the correct orbit by launching another mission. The lesson learned; Don't taskswitch while controlling ships :blush:

Finally got my first delivery craft and lander in orbit around the Mun. EVA'd to the lander, seperated and started down. Put the landing gear down, only to realize the landing gear was backwards. Built the lander upside down on top of the delivery craft, and forgot to rotate the gear in the correct direction. :(

:cool:

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/JamesCV/gear2_zps4a925e2b.jpg' alt='gear2_zps4a925e2b.jpg'>

I took a rover in 0.19 to minmus and when I landed the engine fell off. I knew he wasn't getting back then when I got the rover off the rocket it was top heavy so it leaned to the front very bad. Then when I was driving I pressed the brake button not knowing it then it flipped over and the capsule came off. That was my biggest fail and a bad day for the kerbal :P

Finally got my first delivery craft and lander in orbit around the Mun. EVA'd to the lander, seperated and started down. Put the landing gear down, only to realize the landing gear was backwards. Built the lander upside down on top of the delivery craft, and forgot to rotate the gear in the correct direction. :(

:cool:

:P

Mine is probably applying too much surface speed when landing on the Mun and toppling the lander over on two of its legs

The most amusing fail was I sent an Unmanned Can to the moon and forgot to apply batteries, so every time it fell into the shadow of both Kerbin and the Mun the drone would keep on cutting out. Managed to land it safely on the Mun, with about 1-2 minutes before communication break down would of caused it to crash.

Do everything perfect in a spaceplane to laythe. Landed on a bit of a hill and rolled back before putting the breaks on. The sudden stop pivoted my plane on the rear wheels and it tipped over to knock the engine off. Nothing exploded, just the engine and the plane in two seperate pieces.

Also getting all the way to Duna and landing before realising I had fogotten any ladders.

sending 3 man mission to mun, but 2 men in rovers on lander, 1 man lander, stranded 2 men on the mun. sent rescue mission, it crashed stranding 1 more man on the mun. more on this breaking story as I attempt the rescue rescue mission.

I keep forgetting to press 0 to unfold the solarpanels on my probes.... WOOHOO it is on a course to Duna!...

Checking in on the probe.... No power...

this happens at leat once a week to me....

Have a static solar panel or the radioactive generator to keep a constant supply of power.

I do this with the orbiting stage!. Sometimes it has some fuel left so I use the DV from that stage to burn my probe in its escape trajectory... And when it reaches AP it turned 180 degrees, is pointing ret so I can de orbit it.

And at that same moment that stage gets power... I smack myself in the forehead!

I keep forgetting to press 0 to unfold the solarpanels on my probes.... WOOHOO it is on a course to Duna!...

Checking in on the probe.... No power...

this happens at leat once a week to me....

Happened to me twice before. Got the probe on the way to the destination planet, only to find out that the solar panels wasn't deployed.

Trying to dock with the rockets "skipper" enabled. I had just docked a habitation module for my mun base to an orbital tug. The rocket was about to de-orbit to KSC when the game decided to trust up the engine. Unfortunately, the rocket was still pointed toward the other ship and rammed into it. The tug responded by whacking the rockets fuel tank like a hammer. The tug was instantly surrounded by over 30 debris.:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.