How to get ribbons

They actually have a link to the site right in the image. Just click my barpins and it'll take you there.

Then all you have to do is fill in the data for your accomplishments. Obviously don't give yourself a barpin for Eve if you haven't made it to Eve yet, etc. ^^

I like the ribbon idea, and am currently using them. But I realized that there are certain downsides to the current user input interface--the combination of things you can accomplish on one planet or moon are just too many for the current interface to handle, and thus you'll be forced to illustrate or mark an accomplishment on say, one moon, with several ribbons (instead of just one), and if you're doing a lot of activities on one body, then that means multiple ribbons on THAT body, and aside from cluttering the way the ribbons can be neatly arrranged via BBcode commands (which I temporarily solved by arranging my ribbons in a custom way and then saving it all in ONE GIF file and linking to that), if you did a LOT of things in the Kerbol system, the sig space simply cannot accomodate all your achievements, unless you "sacrifice" some of your more minor achievements and just show what you feel are your more significant ones (i.e. manned over unmanned, etc).

I like the ribbon idea, and am currently using them. But I realized that there are certain downsides to the current user input interface--the combination of things you can accomplish on one planet or moon are just too many for the current interface to handle, and thus you'll be forced to illustrate or mark an accomplishment on say, one moon, with several ribbons (instead of just one), and if you're doing a lot of activities on one body, then that means multiple ribbons on THAT body, and aside from cluttering the way the ribbons can be neatly arrranged via BBcode commands (which I temporarily solved by arranging my ribbons in a custom way and then saving it all in ONE GIF file and linking to that), if you did a LOT of things in the Kerbol system, the sig space simply cannot accomodate all your achievements, unless you "sacrifice" some of your more minor achievements and just show what you feel are your more significant ones (i.e. manned over unmanned, etc).

Actually, it is intended to be like that :) let me quote you the FAQ page :

Why isn’t there a way to indicate how many times I’ve done something, or whether I’ve done something all stock, or...

People should give themselves ribbons according to what they think they’ve done fairly. Different players have different definitions of what’s fairly earned, and it’s not reasonable to expect one definition to be agreed on by everyone. There’s no distinction for doing something multiple times, since the hardest part is doing something for the first time, not doing it over and over.

http://ribbons.cgagnier.ca/faq.php

You simply have to register on the generator, so your ribbon are always loaded :) or you can also write [noparse]http://ribbons.cgagnier.ca/?load=[/noparse]YOUR ID HERE, where your Id is the number in your signature.

Example for you, capi3101, your ribbon link is [noparse]http://ribbons.cgagnier.ca/image.php?ribbon=[/noparse]4981, so your id is 4981 (If you don't subscribe, your id will change each time you change your ribbons). So to load back your ribbons, you would go to this page : [noparse]http://ribbons.cgagnier.ca/?load=[/noparse]4981

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.