[WIP][1.1.3] Large Structural/Station Components [Image Heavy]

In the past I've used this mod a lot but due to lack of maintenance I sadly had to drop it. Good to see it being resurrected.

What I'd like to see added are a few parts similar to the 90° "Lean". Angles like 22.5°, 30°, 45° and 60°.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello KSP forums!

I've modified UDK lethal dose's Large Structural Components to work with 1.00's code, however chose not to recreate the station parts as they do not contain IVAs, and some of the pieces do not have exterior doors. If there is interest, I would be happy to package up my modified UDK files (7 parts - containing the brace, the globe tank, the peekaboo window, the generator, the battery, the lean, and the crossroads) which have attachment nodes that work in 1.00 and allow for tweakscaling but do NOT allow for passengers.

Is there interest, and is this a thing I am allowed to do? AFAIK I do not have permission from the original author, but these pieces are too good not to be updated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone, just a quick message:

In the coming week I will be updating this pack to fully utilize the new additions that came with release (and hotfixes). I have been reviewing both this and the release thread over the past few days since I left to complete my degree and will continue to update this mod, albeit not as frequently as during initial development. I had also planned to remove the Hydro-Gro part as it no longer has a purpose; I will not be pursuing the plugin for life support further. I shall however leave this to a vote, and may keep it in the pack for aesthetic purposes.

Hope you're all well by the way, thanks for all the support you've given; see you soon.

Hello KSP forums!

I've modified UDK lethal dose's Large Structural Components to work with 1.00's code, however chose not to recreate the station parts as they do not contain IVAs, and some of the pieces do not have exterior doors. If there is interest, I would be happy to package up my modified UDK files (7 parts - containing the brace, the globe tank, the peekaboo window, the generator, the battery, the lean, and the crossroads) which have attachment nodes that work in 1.00 and allow for tweakscaling but do NOT allow for passengers.

Is there interest, and is this a thing I am allowed to do? AFAIK I do not have permission from the original author, but these pieces are too good not to be updated.

it's an active project. seems like kind of a .... thing to do, hijacking an active project. but you could write a modulemanager cfg to fix everything, and share that. quick-fix bandaids like that are usually welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Luckily the KSP forums require all mods come with a license, which means it's possible to answer things like this. :)

This mod is Creative Commons-Attribution-NonCommericla-NoDerivs, so while you can redistribute it, but changing it is not allowed. If you can get permission from the original author, then a new release would be *fantastic*.

However there's a grey area as to whether or not using ModuleManger to adjust the config after the mod has been loaded counts as a derivative work. I would suggest that it does not, and so releasing a "1.0.x compatibility patch" would be the way to go. Users would still need to download and install the original, but your compatibility patch would make it work with modern KSP installs.

• 1 year later...

Greetings community,

I have acquired a large amount of spare time recently, and as such have decided to update this pack; there's even a new download link on the original post.

Changes:

- Updated config for all parts: Fixed nodes, integrated tech tree, fixed modules, added some science to do.

Please could you review the parts and their new stats and let me know of any balance issues, thank you kindly.

Morning all,

I've had a go at giving the parts an art pass; I've currently re-textured the Aisle (using the Hitchhiker as reference) and want to get some feedback before tackling the other parts.

1pI48qs.png

Or, as an alternative, here's another using the Science Lab as reference.

bdyuJxd.png

Let me know what you think, which should I continue with, or shall I leave the textures alone? Thanks.

UDK.

Edited by udk_lethal_d0se

14 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

I like the second one, personally. This mod is great, I'm glad that it lives once more.

That's alright then, I've been remodeling too and will post more screenshots shortly. 

Here's a few images of progress so far; we have the redux Aisle Foyer and Lobby parts.

UDK-RDX "Aisle"

zMicNFI.png

UDK-RDX "Foyer"

2RLGQAS.png

UDK-RDX "Lobby"

31UGzdg.png

I'll be releasing when I've done a few more parts, the battery may be omitted as we have one that fits the bill in game already.

Finished with another couple of parts so far today, the Peekaboo and the Crossroads.

UDK-RDX "Peekaboo"

sOB0LeJ.png

q6AontP.png

UDK-RDX "Crossroads"

81cJFnL.png

Only a couple more models, config overhaul and some science to do before release hopefully on Monday.

One more model to go, the Hydro-Gro which I hope to configure allowing science over time or have a new science experiment.

Configuration files are done for the most part, I've chosen the tech nodes for career mode and have been through balancing prices, mass, etc.

Adding patches for Tac Life Support via module manager too just need to test them a bit more. 

Still on schedule for a Monday evening release, possibly Tuesday morning if I encounter any issues. 

I'm going to release tomorrow instead, currently working on an additional part; the Cradle, which will allow attachment of containers using Kerbal Inventory System (KIS). I'm also going to make a couple of containers of my own (Food, Water) which will utilise KIS, also allowing compatibility with Tac Life Support. Anyways, here's a screenshot; I've only modelled the platform thus far as I want to see how Kerbal I can make the final part.

UDK-RDX "Cradle" [WIP]

S1pVhAj.png

Let me know your thoughts.

Well, the crates are done, as are the ModuleManager patches for them. In a stock game, the three non-science crates are for show only, but with Tac Life Support they work as resource containers.  The science container does exactly what it says on the tin, stores science, and with KIS you can pretty much move it about where you like.

Here's a screenshot of the four containers with some of those from KIS; now to finish the model for the Cradle.

UDK-RDX "SS-01 [Science]", UDK-RDX "SS-02 [Food]", UDK-RDX "SS-03 [Water]" & UDK-RDX "SS-04 [Waste]"

u2CfORT.png

So, I've had to go into work this week and couldn't release as planned; I do however have a few hours free and have finished the texture for the Cradle platform, I just need to assemble the other components in Unity and then I'll post a in-game shot of the completed part...

ei9sumC.png

In my eyes one of THE selling points of LSC USED to be the Crossroads. The current Crossroads is a mere shadow of what it once was. It no longer adds to this pack. The same thing can be done by simply slapping 4 clam-o-trons to the Aisle, Foyer or Lobby. I would very much like to see the Crossroads once again to be a six sided 2.5m connector.

Apart from the Crossroads the re-work looks great. I am really looking forward to the interiors.

Edited by Tex_NL
typo

53 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

In my eyes one of THE selling points of LSC USED to be the Crossroads. The current Crossroads is a mere shadow of what it once was. It no longer adds to this pack. The same thing can be down by simply slapping 4 clam-o-trons to the Aisle, Foyer or Lobby. I would very much like to see the Crossroads once again to be a six sided 2.5m connector.

Apart from the Crossroads the re-work looks great. I am really looking forward to the interiors.

Thanks for the comment.

I'll have a look at reviving the original crossroads and having the new version as an alternative.

• 6 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.