We finally got 0.20! But what about the future?

megaprime13

AWESOME! I'd like to say thanks again to the crew for doing such an amazing job!

(NO it is NOT too early to talk about 0.21 :) )

So, what can we expect for the next big one?

I was told before by many people that this would be the aviation update! I really do get excited when i hear that.

More parts, completed IVA's for the Mk2 and Mk3 cockpits, and maybe a better flight dynamics system?

It is all a lot of hard work, and I know the devs never let us down!

So, what do you guys think? What do you expect from the next update?

Just making some good 'ol conversation to ponder while we play with our new toy :D

It's a space/orbital simulator, not a flight sim. I would rather them finish 80% of career mode than the 20% the last bit of the aerodynamic model (which would take the same amount of time, roughly). Give me career!!

I really hope to just see more stock parts. Base-making parts, life support systems, cargo bays would all be fantastic to see in vanilla KSP. And of course more of the information system and career mode. Adding in shrouds should come with later aerodynamic updates. Also, lot's of optimization. I think that the person who is making the adjustable wings and adapters should be brought onto the team to help with shrouds and possibly help make other parts.

Edited by Rocketeer Hopeful

There were 2 things that were already planned for 0.19 (but got shifted to later patches):

Reentry Heat

and

Resources

Considering the complexity of things I would guess that Reentry Heat is the first thing we will get (I might also add that I hope that we get reentry heat before resources ... better being able to practice a little bit with reentry heat before we have to cope with such things like resource constraints (which force us to land on planets with thick atmosphere like Eve [to harvest Blutonium])

True, career add's a whole new dimension to the game. Same as the resources; it gives your Space Program a goal. HarvesteR agreed with that. And that's why they start focusing on career now. But you have to understand that both features I named here, aren't really features like flags which can be programmed in one single update. They are so huge! Adding a money system alone will not cut it. You need them in so many levels and directions of the game. It will come. Same as the resources. In little bits and peaces..

All I would request from Squad for the next update would be the long awaited Career mode, my 5 KSP buddies from school who i convinced to buy KSP also agree (Keep in mind that 5 people buying KSP provides Squad with more than 120$ (Myself included)).Not trying to sound like I own the Devs, but I would just like to see Career mode.

I think there will be some basic aspects of Career Mode in 0.21, with possibly some more implementation of resources (the very funny and sometimes helpful Knowledge Base in this update was the first vestiges of that system). I agree that both are way too big to possibly fit into one update (unless we want to wait for six months between them). In 0.21 I think the Career Mode icon will finally be clickable, and that you will be able to visit that mode and be able to design rockets that cost money. Resources will probably be similarly implemented; we may not get the whole resource tree in any single update, but it will come in multiple.

A new planet would be nice, but, tbh, I haven't went to many of the other planets since .18.xxx, resources and improved aerodynamics would top my list.

And maybe some "rover" wheels that could handle high speeds, I know the game is primarily about rocketry, but I have as much fun making planes and "cars" as I do making rockets at the moment.

I'm actually hoping to first see some things like mission logs and personal records for Kerbals. That way I can look and see how many times Jeb's flown missions (and how many of those ended in catastrophic failure). They'll be useful both in sandbox and in any future career mode.

I would definitly like to see some finished IVAs, as well as a working patcher because although its not a big deal having to redownload the file, it would still be convenient for those who don't wish to use Steam. Also career mode, with resource too (or in a later version perhaps). Maybe some more station/base parts and more parts in general. I would like some crew management updates, such as controlling wether or not you want kerbals on board. A new planet would be nice, but could come in a later version. Not too far away but maybe somewhere between Dres and Jool?

I play this game as a sandbox and am mainly interested in the engineering challenges. I couldn't care less for career mode or for that matter, any kind of resource management for the space center, I hate games that have resources, from RTS games to things like SimCity.

So What I will be looking for are all about the engineering and simulation parts of the game like:

- custom flame effect support, instead of the same flame exhaust for most rockets.

- constant fuel flow instead of constant thrust

- reentry heat damage, better aerodynamics

- specular map support

- 64-bit executable

- multi-core support

- interstellar travel

Does this game already, not support 8cores ? and 64-bit x. Imagine i have i core 7 and 8gb ram and still this game laags why is that ? it's wierd. Hope in future after few month they could optimize tis game.

A new planet would be nice, but, tbh, I haven't went to many of the other planets since .18.xxx, resources and improved aerodynamics would top my list.

And maybe some "rover" wheels that could handle high speeds, I know the game is primarily about rocketry, but I have as much fun making planes and "cars" as I do making rockets at the moment.

I want small wheels 1 man rover wheels...

Does this game already, not support 8cores ? and 64-bit x. Imagine i have i core 7 and 8gb ram and still this game laags why is that ? it's wierd. Hope in future after few month they could optimize tis game.

You are seeing limitations of the Unity Engine, not a matter of limitation by the programmers. There was a video in a cafe with the devs and Scott Manley where they talked about it some. Unity2 might help open that up some, but it is still in development.

-Lego

I did post this once but it was lost in the 'event'.

I would adore seeing a right-clickable (or even VAB action group) ability setting what ASAS can and cannot control, or perhaps clicking on parts and enabling ASAS for individual parts, this would be incredibly helpful for landers, you could have ASAS control the heading while you as the pilot can correct out lateral/vertical movement, which is what ASAS does anyway; it just interferes with RCS so much that controlling lateral movement on unbalanced ships is darn near impossible.

ASAS would also be toggleable for control surfaces, torque controls (looking forward to a part that isn't a Cmd pod that has torque, for larger ships. And no SAS does not cut it.), gimballing in engines (big one that), and RCS.

This would be incredibly helpful.

Edit: Also resources, we need resources and separate fuel for nuclear engines.

Huge pointer: We need a use for Solar panels!!! I see people putting ridiculously sized array on their space stations that don't have ion engines, anywhere!! you only need a few solar panels on most ships that dont have a ion engine!!!

Also a reason to go to planets/space/build stations, expecting to see this in career mode.

Edited by Piggius_Max
Additional text

...Also a reason to go to planets/space/build stations, expecting to see this in career mode.

that would be the knowlodge database.

ie. needing to visit the actual planet/moon to obtain information.

can't wait for that part. maybe .21 will have the beginnings of this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.