Anyone got Civ 5

MGUARN

I wondering if there other kerbal's out there that play civilization 5.

If you every want to play with me you can add me on steam, my steam user name is: Derpy the gamer

Also anyone got the G.K pack ,I was wondering what does that include.

also can not wait till "Brave new world" comes out.

Civ 5 doesn't sell in China, darn it

Well it is something I don't understand... There's certainly a huge fan base in China, where everyone has to play the cracked game. If Civ 5 is avaliable in China it can obviously make good profit.

At least I want to buy it

China's government doesn't play nice with video game publishers. That's why EVE Online has a separate Chinese server run by another company which leases the rights or something.

Anyway, I've got Civ. G&K is worth getting. Religion adds a lot more depth, with some powerful bonuses for the cities that follow it, like (my favorites) 15% population growth, and +30 healing when fortified next to a friendly city. And that's just from the first tier of bonuses! Espionage is nice, but... less than it could be. It lets you steal technology from other civilizations or influence elections in city-states for an Influence bonus. I had hoped it would be a bit more passive, particularly end-game, where, even in Quick games, spies can take hundreds of turns to successfully steal a tech (if the defender has the right buildings), but it still allows less technologically advanced civs to keep up. G&K also has some tweaks in the tech tree which make things more interesting. There's a whole WWI set of units and technologies before you get to the WW2 stuff.

I, too, am excited for Brave New World. So many cool features. Once that's out, all I'd want is terrain-shaping (digging canals, melting ice caps, re-routing rivers, etc) and I'd be completely satisfied. But it'll still be really fun. I look forward to losing track of days at a time.

China's government doesn't play nice with video game publishers. That's why EVE Online has a separate Chinese server run by another company which leases the rights or something.

I don't know why you make such a claim, but what I do know is that a lot of good games are avaliable in China, at least on Steam.

And Eve Online is massive multiplayer, that's another thing. In fact, almost every popular online multiplayer game has its seperate server in China. There may be other reasons (government, policies, etc.) but technically, if every Chinese player connects to servers in the US, the undersea cables probably won't hold it

Edited by Michael Kim

I bought civ V and got bored after playing for 5 hours and still being in the first stage. I hear the expansion packs improve the game, but alas- I don't have the dough for it at this time.

The big problem with Civ 5 is the braindead random diplomacy. It really ruins the game for me.

This was improved with G&K. They're still not very smart, but you get a much better breakdown of whether or not they like you, why, and, if you spy on them, what they're planning.

I bought civ V and got bored after playing for 5 hours and still being in the first stage. I hear the expansion packs improve the game, but alas- I don't have the dough for it at this time.

Did you try setting it to Quick game instead of Marathon?

I's still finishing a game in single player thats started a year ago so far I got nuclear missles ,and a giant death robot in asia. I always play as Washington ,and not to mention the game put me on south Africa. so currently i'm at war with the french ,and war with the Aztecs.The German civi was destroyed after blowing up Berlin with a nuke after they destroyed my city New york on Civilization Revolution.With help of the English,Russia,and French.(The german civi was hated by every civi ,and so do the Aztec.)

I almost always end up going for a domination victory. I try for other conditions, but some other civilization inevitably attacks me and sets me in motion.

For some reason it is impossible for me to win a domination victory. I build 6 atomic bombs and deploy them all over the remaining nation and move all my units in but it just is never enough. Does it make it worse that every time I go for a domination victory that the only other nation is India?

I've got it, i wouldn't say it was a bad game but the diplomacy seems so very threadbare, me like! Me hate! Oh me like you again....liking......still liking you......oh thank you you been very nice to me.....yep love you loads.....AHA! Me hate you again for no reason other than you trying to "win" the game!

Civ series used to make me feel like i was the leader of a great nation, Civ 5 made me feel like i was playing a board-game with terrible AI.

I've got it, i wouldn't say it was a bad game but the diplomacy seems so very threadbare, me like! Me hate! Oh me like you again....liking......still liking you......oh thank you you been very nice to me.....yep love you loads.....AHA! Me hate you again for no reason other than you trying to "win" the game!

Civ series used to make me feel like i was the leader of a great nation, Civ 5 made me feel like i was playing a board-game with terrible AI.

Yeah, the diplomacy seems kinda whack sometimes. Once I had France declare war on me at like 800BC(Well before war would have actually been possible since neither of us would have the technology to cross a strait of ocean for a long time). They refused to even discuss peace until I finally got proactive and landed on their continent in like 1400AD. So war was "on-going" for 2200 or so years before the first battle. They immediately came seeking peace after I landed my armies.

Even after G&K I still prefer CIV4 to CIV5. It was a good expansion and added quite a bit to the game, but CIV4 still feels so much more complete, and with better AI. Brave New World looks pretty promising though, perhaps it will be able to put CIV5 in front of CIV4 on my rating scale.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.