I just discovered this feature in the assembly room...

hubbazoot

I added a command module to my ship, and then I forgot which one was *the* module, so I selected one and deleted it, and either due to a mis-click or me just not paying attention I deleted both command modules.

Wait a minute....

*Selects new command module*

*Clicks on command module, deletes it*

OH MY GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER THANK YOU SQUAD.

Being able to re-select command modules is probably the greatest thing since multiple flights. I think I love you guys.

Seriously. Squad, you have worked your butt off to be receptive to what the community is asking for, and I appreciate that. A fair chunk of what makes this game exciting is the exploration. There may not be much to see on each of these planets (yet), but there is so much to explore. In a way, adding all of this new content adds new forms of exploration, too. So thank you for all the awesome work you do to keep making the game more awesome.

I added a command module to my ship, and then I forgot which one was *the* module, so I selected one and deleted it, and either due to a mis-click or me just not paying attention I deleted both command modules.

Wait a minute....

Being able to re-select command modules is probably the greatest thing since multiple flights. I think I love you guys.

Seriously. Squad, you have worked your butt off to be receptive to what the community is asking for, and I appreciate that. A fair chunk of what makes this game exciting is the exploration. There may not be much to see on each of these planets (yet), but there is so much to explore. In a way, adding all of this new content adds new forms of exploration, too. So thank you for all the awesome work you do to keep making the game more awesome.

I totally agree.

Wait a minute....

Now I wonder how many features you have missed because you don't read patchnotes...

Yep, good stuff.

I'd say the only thing that still is a bit annoying is trying to make fine adjustments to already attached parts. When things need to be just so, and you might want to move something just slightly.

Well, the way placed parts are re-picked back up is not very helpful. Unless I am missing some tip or trick to it.

When everything is by eyeball, and you aren't even sure of the item's original placement after being picked up again, it is very hard to fine tune stuff.

Actually, you'll note that the root part of a ship no longer needs to be a pod. It can be a tank if need be.

It can be. The problem is that doing so will usually screw up your staging order. Nothing that's difficult to fix, it's just annoying sometimes.

Now I wonder how many features you have missed because you don't read patchnotes...

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Patchnotes are like manuals and user guides; reading them ruins the fun :P

I disagree. I love finding out what has changed, and then exploiting it for fun and profit.

I hear the only problem is that you need to install Crew Manifest Mod to stop the first manned pod being automatically filled. For example you used to select a drone part as the root and then a pod to send up an empty capsule. I used to do that when testing rockets that were marginal so that I didn't kill Kerbals... a bit like the Apollo program sent up empty vehicles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.