[20.2] KW Rocketry 2.4

Winston

Has there been a fix for this issue? I'm getting this as well with a fresh install of version 2.4

I've got the same issue. Running KSP 0.20.2 and just downloaded reinstalled a fresh download of KW Rocketry.

Is there plans to optimise this as has been done with B9 Aerospace? I imagine a fair few of the parts could share models and textures. Apologies if someone has asked this already, I couldn't see such a post but it seems a likely question.

But to which file and in which section of that file...

If you have 20.2, you shouldn't need to, but here. You can add it near the beginning, I don't believe it has to be in exactly 1 section or the other, but I usually see it next to the rescaleFactor.

Just be sure you're not mixing up normal fairings with expanded ones!

PART
{
name = KW3mExpandedFairingCone
module = Part
author = KW Rocketry

mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1.75

etc.

If you have 20.2, you shouldn't need to, but here. You can add it near the beginning, I don't believe it has to be in exactly 1 section or the other, but I usually see it next to the rescaleFactor.

Just be sure you're not mixing up normal fairings with expanded ones!

PART
{
name = KW3mExpandedFairingCone
module = Part
author = KW Rocketry

mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1.75

etc.

Thank you for your help, but adding scale = 1 did not solve the problem.

Yeah, I had 20.2, but did a fresh install and it works fine now. Thanks to everyone who offered their help.
Maybe the reason that he isn't very active on the forums is that he is busy making an optimized version of KW?

Or, God forbid...has a life. And does other odd things like go to work. Or spend time with family/friends, something scientists describe as 'socializing'. In all seriousness, I understand being frustrated by waiting and waiting for updates. I am a little bit, too. But this is the flipside of using mods.

Hey Winston,

Just thought I'd say that KW was the first mod I ever installed, and since then has always been the first thing I install in the multiple versions I always seem to end up running :). So thanks, your work is greatly appreciated.

Well, I perfectly understand that he has a life to take care of. I can wait for the optimizations, I just play at half graphics for now. KW is a great mod, and a big one at that. So it takes time to update :)

If you're really keen for the optimisation, you can sort of DIY it by cribbing the number of models down and just moving the part.cfg files around but you'll need to add the correct rescaleFactor line into each part.cfg you move across.

E.g. The Vesta VR9D and the Maverick 1D are similar (dual chamber rockets), so if you want to optimise this by sharing 1 model across both, you could copy the part.cfg from the vVR9D directory to the m1D directory (as, perhaps partVR9D.cfg so it doesn't overwrite the m1D one already in there), since the VR9D is a 2.5M and the m1D is a 1.25M, you would need to add rescaleFactor = 2 into the partVR9D.cfg.

Similarly you could copy the decoupler/shroud part.cfg's down to a single model and add the appropriate rescaleFactor lines depending on which model you've kept

Similar is not identical though, and this sort of playing around might break any number of things in your game, especially any ships saved with the full compliment of models.

I just kept the vanilla sized fairings and some stuctural parts from this mod (don't want to add too many engines or ft) but its a must have nevertheless. I'm contemplating getting another build of the game and using all of and only this mod ^^