[WIP]Rover RollKage

Bit on the long side though, a heavy duty independent system would have short, stocky control arms.

Well not really:

4x4tuningarabalarkocama.jpg

Long A arms are the way to go for more travel, plus it's the only way we can make it look good with the KSP limitations.

Hey Angus, I'm having trouble stacking your kages onto anything. I was trying to use Bobcats Altair lander to deliver some vehicles I made. I couldn't stack the kages onto the stack separators so I tried stacking them onto other objects and they wont go. I can stack the same things onto the kages with no problem. I made a node on the back of the mk1-ef and on the front and back of the mk1 and I can stack the kages onto things with those nodes but not the top and bottom. Any ideas why they wont stack? I checked the attachment rules and they look fine to me.

PMs sent. Can you stack your kages onto other parts in your game? I can't see any reason it wouldn't stack. Anything will stack onto them just fine. Just not the other way around. Hope this makes sense.:confused:

PMs sent. Can you stack your kages onto other parts in your game? I can't see any reason it wouldn't stack. Anything will stack onto them just fine. Just not the other way around. Hope this makes sense.:confused:

I know what you mean...I'll have a look

Any chance you could update or re-upload the part? I love it but only have it on my laptop which I don't have right now :(

If you can hold just a bit more...I might have a big update:) I'm working with it now, so , as soon as I can.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this part! It's the first part I've added to the game since joining last week. Worked on some rover designs last night, and got one up to 120m/s (rocket assisted) while testing the limits of the Kage. Love the wheels you've added, too - seems they're capable of higher speeds than noted on the warranty, but the ensuing crashes always resulted in the chair disconnecting from the Kage. Perhaps a special 5-point harness chair is in order? :wink:

Thanks for this part! It's the first part I've added to the game since joining last week. Worked on some rover designs last night, and got one up to 120m/s (rocket assisted) while testing the limits of the Kage. Love the wheels you've added, too - seems they're capable of higher speeds than noted on the warranty, but the ensuing crashes always resulted in the chair disconnecting from the Kage. Perhaps a special 5-point harness chair is in order? :wink:

I think there is now a way to 'Bake' the command seat and the rollkage into one part. I will need to look into how to do this. If anyone has the know how, please mail me! or even better post here!