On the 0.21 Update News: Your most anticipated new feature, your disappointments...

rodion_herrera

I like Tang as well, been drinking it since I was ten :D

I wish I still had the rubber band-powered lunar rover they gave away with Tang around 1970. I had the most fun with that silly thing!

lunarbuggy.JPG

I wonder if the the SPH and runway side of KSC be modify to look more like an actual airport. Some might say "thats not kerbal enough", but since they have already made the launch pad looks like "a launch pad", why don't do the same to the airfield as well?

I wonder if the the SPH and runway side of KSC be modify to look more like an actual airport. Some might say "thats not kerbal enough", but since they have already made the launch pad looks like "a launch pad", why don't do the same to the airfield as well?

That's actually what bac9 did with it for 0.21, we'll get to see it in the update.

I'm wondering if by assigning a kerbal to "any-part" means we can put them in our liquid fuel tanks

If I can fire Kerbals out of a mainsail then I will be VERY happy XD

On a more serious note, no resources is a disappointment, but crew management is going to be great

The ASAS system. I saw the video... DO WANT. It both helps stabilize attitude very smoothly and conservatively on fuel, and allows manuel attitude adjustments while activated. This is a huge boon for all heavy ships, especially in docking maneuvres, where ASAS currently likes to blow out RCS fuel left and right for attitude stabilization that could have been done with a fraction of the fuel, or even just the capsule's torque.

Everything! I love the new push toward career and the new SAS/ASAS

I really want resources, but I can wait for a polished major feature :)

I also am looking forward to the development of the Aerodynamics, hopefully .22 will deliver....?

Anyone ever played this? It's an old game (1986):

507341-1219_1.jpg

I really enjoyed this back then. I am hoping that the upcoming new Astronaut Complex Facility and Crew Management buildings give the same "feel" that this old game had: http://www.thelogbook.com/phosphor/1985/project-space-station-apple/

You know, my girlfriend at the time was the daughter of the range safety officer at the Marshall Space Flight Centre. And she was so pissed about the amount of time I spent building a space station with this game! I can only imagine how irate she would be at the amount of time I spend with KSP. :D

Edited by Jack Wolfe

I am disappointed that there is not only no fix for, but no mention of a potential future fix for, ladders. I crashed a kerbal a continent away from the KSC, and sent another kerbal out to rescue him; but now they are both stuck, because of the ladder bug. Below is an illustration of mine explaining exactly what is wrong with ladders. Does anyone know if there are currently plans in place to fix this issue?

2013_0011_Kerbals_And_Ladders.png

I am disappointed that there is not only no fix for, but no mention of a potential future fix for, ladders. I crashed a kerbal a continent away from the KSC, and sent another kerbal out to rescue him; but now they are both stuck, because of the ladder bug. Below is an illustration of mine explaining exactly what is wrong with ladders. Does anyone know if there are currently plans in place to fix this issue?

Couldn't you add a few inclined/horizontal small steps at the top? That's what I would do :D

edit: and I wouldn't call it a bug per se; the case you describe there would require something the Kerbals cannot do right now. As in, "grab" the border of a platform to stay on top of it, or at least "turn" on a ladder in order to face the other side and have the platform beneath your feet.

Edited by Neomatt

I wouldnt say I was disppointed about anything in the next patch because it sounds a heck of a lot better than the last one which did nothing for my gameplay at all pretty much. At least this one improves the SAS a lot which is badly needed.

I echo one of the comments above though that I would love to see more enhancements prelaunch - steam, smoke, moving gantries, Kerbals/vehicles, countdowns when you press the launch button, etc stuff that enhances the whole launch sequence and makes it more of an event.

The only other thing I am waiting for other than resources is better aerodynamics so that tall rockets are more sensible than wide ones and better drag etc so re-usable planes can glide back properly to a landing (this would also require more accurate landing information - flightpath marker or whatever on the screen - so you can re-enter and land properly on a runway).

All of these things affect a great deal of the game's gameplay, and that I think is what is needed now - sweeping changes to the gameplay not just tinkering. Each patch now should have something meaningful to add to the game as a whole otherwise its not worth releasing.

Edited by nats

Making ASAS 'smarter' is the most important improvement I've wanted. I hope it finally knows how to handle gimbaled engines well (so they don't bang back and forth to maximum deflection, and so clustered engines can control roll). A part to add control torque to go along with this would be very nice.

Disappointed about resources? No, I was disappointed about that back in 0.19...now I'm kind of resigned to it.

I'm not disappointed with anything in 0.21. In fact, I'd rather see Squad getting the core systems down THEN building on them than releasing a massive amount of content which would probably be harder to bugfix when the inevitable occurs.

* Revised Flight-End scene flow: Hooray! No more accidentally deleting 40 hours of space station :D

* Player Progress Tracking System: Sounds good. I can't wait to see what Squad to with this. Perhaps the disappointment here is that it will only be the framework and perhaps one or two things. In other words, the disappointment is having to wait for the future :(

* Overhauled Space Center Scenery: I don't really see the point in this, but aesthetics are always nice. I hope it doesn't drop performance at KSC, although basically anything does on my current machine :(

* The Astronaut Complex Facility: Description brings to mind the Tavern in all versions of HoM&M :P Those annoying not-so-great Kerbals can now stay in the space center where they belong!

* Crew Management: I want to assign a Kerbal to a cubic octagonal strut. Sounds a lot like Crew Manifest, so I'm all for this.

* Overhauled Space Center Facilities: See scenery

* More Upgrades to Parts and Part Modules: More save-breaking changes, but at least the changes made so far have been for the better

Summary: My only disappointment is my own impatience for updates. Keep up the good work Squad!

My only disappointment is my own impatience for updates.

UPDATED ASAS NAO! Seriously, that's like the best thing coming, I can finally build single-stage launch vehicles using four Mainsails without covering my payload in straps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.