Do you like Minecraft or do you hate it?

MarkusA380

Do you like Minecraft?  

1. 1. Do you like Minecraft?

• Yes! Yes!
    • Nahh don't know...
    • No! No!

I don't really like playing Minecraft. I tried it using a pirated version, but didn't really like it, so I got rid of it. I did enjoy watching YouTubers play Minecraft, but I only really watch KSP on YouTube now.

So... I played Minecraft much too long and now I feel like I want to throw up when I think at this block-graphics and the 8x8 textures and the Java bugs n errors and the time you waste to... yeah what again was the challenge? I think it is a game for people without hobbys, sitting hours in front of their PC searching for diamond and after that uploading this sh.. on youtube. I dont want to hurt anybody and it is no problem for me if sombody does like I said before but I wouldnt do that definitly.

And that's why I play single-player 90% of the time. Or on a small server with friends.

I love Minecraft. It's like playing with Lego! I love my Lego!

It also reminds me of and old (very old...) Windows game, Castle of the Winds. Dunno why, might be the simplistic graphics...

I think I'd like it, but the problem is, the demo makes me motion sick. Not sure why. Not a totally new reaction, I get motion sick whenever I watch someone else play a first person shooter, I've just never had it happen when I was playing instead of watching. It might have something to do with the fact that the demo really doesn't take up much screen space, or it could be that my eyes are just getting old (along with the rest of me).

Don't think any of my friends have it so I could try it on their computer, and I'm not excited about spending that much money on a game that might make me sick.

I think I'd like it, but the problem is, the demo makes me motion sick. Not sure why. Not a totally new reaction, I get motion sick whenever I watch someone else play a first person shooter, I've just never had it happen when I was playing instead of watching. It might have something to do with the fact that the demo really doesn't take up much screen space, or it could be that my eyes are just getting old (along with the rest of me).

Don't think any of my friends have it so I could try it on their computer, and I'm not excited about spending that much money on a game that might make me sick.

I have that problem too! There's something in the settings the you turn of... view bobbing, I think, and it eliminates or reduces that problem. It's Options, Video Settings and set View bobbing to off.

I never will understand why Minecraft performs far better on my antique P4Ht at 3.4Ghz than on my modern I5-M460.

But since I have that old P4 in good condition, I have a good time with Minecraft on it.

Usually I start by digging down to bedrock, establishing a bunker just above that, and then forming an airtight self-sufficient fortress all perhaps no more than 10 blocks above bedrock.

Eventually the tree farm yields enough wood to build a ladder back up to sea level, and I line the initial shaft properly as I journey upwards, eventually putting a simple shed over the actual entrance.

I think that "one of the most famous computer games ever" might be a little bit of an overstatement; it's certainly one of the most popular games right now, but whether it has enough staying power to become a true classic remains to be seen.

But to the question, I really like the idea of it, and I've enjoyed it the couple of times I've played around with it, but the camera bob makes me really nauseous, so I can only play for about ten minutes at a time.

I have an old account, never use it. I just got out of it because of lacking content, and building mega-wonders gets old really fast.

I know there are a lot of mods out there, I'm just too lazy to go through the hassle of modding the game,

especially when I've got other games that I have already gone through modding and is still content with.

I have an old account, never use it. I just got out of it because of lacking content, and building mega-wonders gets old really fast.

I know there are a lot of mods out there, I'm just too lazy to go through the hassle of modding the game,

especially when I've got other games that I have already gone through modding and is still content with.

And that's why you use programs to make your modding life easier. :cool:

If you knew how much I've played the game... :D

With stuff like the FTB launcher "modding" minecraft is easier than turning your pc on.

Depends on the computer. If I have to launch FTB I have to close all unnecessary programs and Firefox (No music! Why?!). Then I can launch it with just enough RAM to survive. And half of the times it crashes on world enter because of tesselation. (I don't know what that word means, so I imagine it doesn't exist.)

I indeed get the same problems if I try to start that global atmospheric flow simulation on my home computer.

Seriously people, get the right computer for your use case: problem solved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.