Just Wondering about Jeb

whiterafter

I have a hunch that about 1/2 of the time people claim to be showing a photo with Jeb in it, or claim to be flying Jeb to the Mun, they are not.

I've played for a while, and I only get Jeb, oh maybe 1/3 of the time, but everyone else seems to get him 9/10 of the time, which is inaccurate. I don't really think people would restart it that much or edit the persistence to fly Jeb, but I might be wrong.

So are some people lying when on EVERY mission they have Jeb? :huh:

I stuck Jeb, Bob, and Bill on a mission docked to an old useless space station for years because I was tired of them turning up too often (especially when there were ALREADY Jebs, Bobs, and Bills in the game somewhere).

I indicate when it's Jeb or someone else piloting in a screenshot or a video. After all, he does show up in the lower right corner, unless it's an F2 screenshot, or someone actually took the time to Photoshop the name "Jebediah Kerman" onto the shot.

Maybe with the upcoming improvements to crew management we could have some different EVA suits to differentiate crew with different capabilities? So if a guy was picked as mission commander he gets a suit with red stripes. And rookies get some different markings and so on.

Then we could give the original three a unique EVA suit, say a bulkier backpack to show that they pioneered space walking in the more primitive suits of the early days.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that Jeb, Bob and Bill get silver suits when they EVA but are in their orange suits in IVA.

And Jeb hasn't been on my missions for a while now; he's on my space station and I haven't bothered to send up a ship to swap him out yet.

Edited by PaleoGamer

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that Jeb, Bob and Bill get silver suits when they EVA but are in their orange suits in IVA.

The orange suits are based on the suits worn by, say, the space shuttle crews on the ascent and reentry. They were worn so the astronauts could "bail out" if needed. The orange is so they are easily spotted if they landed in the wilderness. They can't work in a vacuum, as far as I know, hence the need for the EMU/Orlan suits.

Maybe with the upcoming improvements to crew management we could have some different EVA suits to differentiate crew with different capabilities? So if a guy was picked as mission commander he gets a suit with red stripes. And rookies get some different markings and so on.

Then we could give the original three a unique EVA suit, say a bulkier backpack to show that they pioneered space walking in the more primitive suits of the early days.

Maybe Jeb could have continuous explosions behind him whenever he went into EVA.

I've also noticed Kerbals appearing in multiple missions, even if they died. Repeatedly. It's especially noticeable with Jeb; on my current save, freshly started with .20, he slammed into the Münar surface at least two or three times, and he still appeared in the lander-can that took him to Duna (my very first serious interplanetary mission, woo). And it's not just Jeb, on my old save (where I goofed around a whole lot, and killed Kerbals by the dozens), I noticed familiar names appearing all the time. So yeah, it's definitely possible to get Jeb on many missions, even if you don't take the precautions some people here do, parking him in a station until needed, or getting the duplication bug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.