[Showcase] Kerbalized Rockets: Reloaded (Real Rockets & Concepts, Recreated in KSP)

(I have recreated this thread again, since the original "reloaded" thread was lost when the forum accidentally itself.)

So what is a "Kerbalized Rocket"?

A kerbalized rocket is a real-life rocket/ICBM/launch vehicle recreated in KSP, without using a dedicated parts pack for the specific launch vehicle (example: recreating the Proton rocket using a handful of part add-ons, but not using the Soviet parts pack itself).

For reference, check out this thread I have created way back November 2011 (post there at your own risk, thread was already inactive for almost a year now :D). I recommend NovaPunch Reloaded and KW Rocketry parts pack for extras. That would be everything you need (based on my experience) if you want to use them.

Feel free to share your creations!

I start:

StratoLaunch

Falcon 9

SLS

Atlas V

Proton

G8Cx5kq.jpg

Falcon Heavy

9sfguoH.jpg

(was compelled to get this thing up once more because of the kerbalized N1 :D)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my spin on Ariane 6. Too bad it didn't space :(

dnksyB8.jpg

Ariane 5.

QL2RoEm.jpg

I've just recently downloaded the latest NP/KW packs. Might try to kerbalize the whole Ariane rocket family... :D

The medium+'s Solids are arranged in a flat x configuration.

-snip-

I stand corrected.

zTYfzlk.jpg

a quick notice : angara is not intended to be a crossfeed nor an asparagus rocket :) - all URM's fire at once, and expand their fuel at the same time (maybe except for the central core, which see it's thrust slightly reduced few moments before separation - so only it is burning just before separation, to prevent the need for ullage when the second stage (a copy of the Soyouz's upper stage) ignite it's engines while still on top of the angara. (which is a constant in russian design, to ignite the second stage before the first has stopped burning)

a quick notice : angara is not intended to be a crossfeed nor an asparagus rocket :) - all URM's fire at once, and expand their fuel at the same time (maybe except for the central core, which see it's thrust slightly reduced few moments before separation - so only it is burning just before separation, to prevent the need for ullage when the second stage (a copy of the Soyouz's upper stage) ignite it's engines while still on top of the angara. (which is a constant in russian design, to ignite the second stage before the first has stopped burning)

I got it, but can't resist the urge to use fuel lines :D they're not asparagus-staged though...

My Soyuz used to crossfeed. My latest version no longer needs to.

The sowjet R-36Orb ICBM/FOBS (Fractional Orbital Bombardment System)

LcB5hrJ.png

It could put nuclear warheads in stable orbit, so you could strike whenever you wanted.

For more pictures, information and a short story visit THIS THREAD

• 4 weeks later...

The B9 Shuttle looks really good! Also I'm impressed at all the Soyuz replicas. Go pat yourselves on your backs.

Without further ado, I present the KSS Kerbalprise (All Stock 0.19).

screenshot134.png

screenshot135.png

Another Screenshot

Another Screenshot

I tried to be as accurate to a 1/10 scale of the TOS original as I could.

I think it was around 1500 parts and it turned my computer into a slideshow. I think I can safely say we don't yet have the technology to boldy go where no Kerbal has gone before with that many parts yet.

EDIT: I hope this is still on-topic with this thread under the category of being a "concept" spacecraft. If not I apologize.

Edited by dshuck
Noticed that all the other vehicles on here actually exist.

Project Apollo replica, including Skylab, Soyuz, Salyut 1 and 6 (inspired by Halsfury) can be viewed here: http://vitartamas.imgur.com/

There are some non-existent refuelling stations in there too, ignore those if you wish so =P

I would have posted the 2 correct albums and pictures of both Salyut stations separately, if I only knew how to post an Imgur album (probably being a bit dumb here). The other option was posting them all, but that would have made the post a bit too image-heavy =D