[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

Zeroignite: (yeah, I'm not skykooler, but...) for the upcoming release, I don't know (I haven't been paying attention to that bit during my testing, I was concentrating on stopping the explosions), but I am, right now, working on resource handing, hopefully for the following release.

Please also allow the use of a debug mode, and allow it to be used standalone with dependence on other plugins :)

It wont mine ore for me! D: Is there a way to fix it? If there already is a awnser to this question then I'm sorry to bring it back, dont feel like going through all these pages... :P

There is a fixed version of the Auger in post #711 - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/35217-0-21-1-Extraplanetary-Launchpads-v2-1-patch-0-21-support-Debris-Recycling?p=556884&viewfull=1#post556884

I attempted to modify a B9 8x8 structural panel into a flat, better looking, more more practical launchpad that could easily be built into a structure, but unfortunately the EPL code spawns the rockets facing up along the model's origin, rather than nose away from gravity. If I could spend some time figuring out how to export models out of Blender, I could probably just make a new model that's the same size but facing the right direction. Alternatively, I may just use a default 1x1 panel as the launchpad and just put it on the big panel.

I attempted to modify a B9 8x8 structural panel into a flat, better looking, more more practical launchpad that could easily be built into a structure, but unfortunately the EPL code spawns the rockets facing up along the model's origin, rather than nose away from gravity. If I could spend some time figuring out how to export models out of Blender, I could probably just make a new model that's the same size but facing the right direction. Alternatively, I may just use a default 1x1 panel as the launchpad and just put it on the big panel.

You dont have to do anything special to export from Blender bud. Unity will load a .blend just fine. Also note that the EPLP code spawns ships at scene origin in blender/unity. make sure your model is below the scene (local) origin.

taniwha: I am using Orbital Construction while I wait for the explosions fix. I also very much prefer EL's concepts. In fact I am using the ore->metal->rocket parts system from EL and then just using Orbital Construction to float "constructed" ships down onto an HL launch pad. So for now I am simulating EL behaviour just to avoid the big bang. The side effect is I am constructing unwanted fully fueled and sometimes (when I forget to unload the kerbals) fully crewed ships.

Version 3 released!

Changelog:

• New launchpad, with built-in fuel tanks, monopropellant, and retro-rockets for landing
  • Ore scanners, both large (orbital) and small (for planes or rovers)
  • Rockets no longer explode on raised pads
  • Fixed resource density
  • Changed conversion efficiency so that resources no longer convert at an unrealistic 100%
  • Alert if ship is missing parts (for example, if you uninstall a mod parts pack)
  • Updated deposit sizes to reflect new resource densities

Fantastic! Question, will we have to rescan planets since you changed the deposits or will it only change after a new game?

I think they will still be there. I didn't check whether the locations changed when I updated them, so I don't know.

There is a premade ship in the archive at /GameData/Extraplanetary Launchpads/Ships/VAB/ showing up as mu??n Base.craft, and it is preventing uncompressing the entire file.

Ah. It showed up as Mün Base.craft here, but I guess it doesn't like Unicode; I'll rename it.

Edit: Should be fixed now.