Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Hey that's kind of cool that you guys are doing a 3-way battle. Never seen one before. Sounds like 50% more creativity and 50% more carnage, so ill tune in.

Also, i was wondering if anyone would be interested in my new ship:

0DkeyPw.png

cnuhnLk.png

Haven't given it a name yet. It's a combination of conventional armor and my "patented" Quasarrmor. It's a splotchy job, but it should still rebound a few hits. And it's resilient, with three engine pods, three weapon pods, two control pods, and a very resilient frame. With an accurate weapon and a bit of luck you could probably destroy it in 3-4 hits.

It's also got decent weaponry. It has eight RT-Ibeam hybrid missiles which can cut through most armor, and two untested larger missiles. It also has a sight for more accurate aiming.

IXcdySP.png

This 90-ton ship isn't the strongest, but with less than 120 parts, i'm happy with it. I'm sticking to my oath that my ships can beat any others with similar part counts.

Anyways, i'll post a download link if anyone's interested in checking it out.

Are we doing a three-way? This could be interesting. I'm down if you other two are.

Also, I'm getting a 404 error on the download. Let me try again and if it doesn't work I'll PM you.

Edited by Servo

1 minute ago, Servo said:

Are we doing a three-way? This could be interesting. I'm down if you other two are.

I'd be fine with that. I think that Servo gets his move before me, and I go before 8bit if we have 3 people.

9 hours ago, Servo said:

Also, I'm getting a 404 error on the download. Let me try again and if it doesn't work I'll PM you.

oh, no... i was getting the same error when i tried to download it. and to make matters worse i somehow lost my save file that in my dropbox.

if worse comes to worse, i could always reset up all my ships in the same positions as before.

9 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

Hey that's kind of cool that you guys are doing a 3-way battle. Never seen one before. Sounds like 50% more creativity and 50% more carnage, so ill tune in.

Also, i was wondering if anyone would be interested in my new ship:

0DkeyPw.png

cnuhnLk.png

Haven't given it a name yet. It's a combination of conventional armor and my "patented" Quasarrmor. It's a splotchy job, but it should still rebound a few hits. And it's resilient, with three engine pods, three weapon pods, two control pods, and a very resilient frame. With an accurate weapon and a bit of luck you could probably destroy it in 3-4 hits.

It's also got decent weaponry. It has eight RT-Ibeam hybrid missiles which can cut through most armor, and two untested larger missiles. It also has a sight for more accurate aiming.

IXcdySP.png

This 90-ton ship isn't the strongest, but with less than 120 parts, i'm happy with it. I'm sticking to my oath that my ships can beat any others with similar part counts.

Anyways, i'll post a download link if anyone's interested in checking it out.

so, does that mean that you also want to join the battle?

9 hours ago, 8bitgammers said:

so, does that mean that you also want to join the battle?

Thanks for the offer, but i can't at this point in time. I'm happy to tune in as in to watch. I just heard that you guys like to "test" each other's ships, so i was wondering if anyone was interested in "testing" mine.

Just now, quasarrgames said:

Thanks for the offer, but i can't at this point in time. I'm happy to tune in as in to watch. I just heard that you guys like to "test" each other's ships, so i was wondering if anyone was interested in "testing" mine.

O.K. then, I am fine with 3 people!

4 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

I'll take a DL so it can test some of my anti fighter and anti capital missiles.

7 hours ago, Servo said:

The persist was broken, and I don't think 8bit fixed it. If he did and I overlooked it, I'll have it done by tonight.

I will try and fix it again. I think the problem is that when it is downloaded it is converted into some other format. A ".txt" file i believe as opposed to a ".craft".

I used to just use modifier but now thats not supported by the forums, and i am not very used to dropbox. Anyways, i'll post the link soon. In the mean time does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

1 minute ago, Servo said:

No such luck, still 404ing. Have you removed it or uploaded another file with the name "persistent.sfs"? That seems to be what's happening.

i have removed it and replaced it with that one. I do not know what the problem is. The link that i posted works for me.

Persist

4 52 ton MD-01 Core 3 Nanos were deployed into the space around Moho. This was to protect from an invasion force that is likely to occur.

@Servo

@8bitgammers

First person to put up the 2nd persist file gets first turn.

3rd person to contribute to the file moves last.

I'll move 2nd.

Edited by Alphasus

Hey so I'm kinda new to the forums here and I was wondering what you guys thought of this cruiser I built, its called the Crusade class cruiser and is pretty heavily armored with 1000+ parts.

Armaments:

4 Oskar Torpedoes, long range guided missiles made to kill heavy ships with their high speed and heavy warheads.

2 Gunshield anti missile weapons (can use them against fighters too so)

4 Longbow SMS weapons, short range-ish mostly for close combat against smaller ships

Heavy armor all around and 5 nukes for power.

Got this one into orbit legit! :D

Feedback appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gwbiqf98dqwsrm/KC-Crusade%20Class%20Cruiser%20NO%20BOOSTERS.craft?dl=0

Don't worry, you'll shave more and more off over time...at least most of us do...

Looks really cool, I'm guessing by the protruding trusses and masthead that VaosHuman was some inspiration?

4 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Don't worry, you'll shave more and more off over time...at least most of us do...

Looks really cool, I'm guessing by the protruding trusses and masthead that VaosHuman was some inspiration?

Yeah, most of the ship's design infrastructure is based off of his work, but I decided that the way the spinal structure worked had to be more internal and protected with more fuel for the nukes whereas his designs have very small amounts of deltaV as he does not place fuel on the outside of the main structure. He was also the one who got me back into ksp as I played this on and off for a long time now. Most of the parts are also probably the extremely complex layers of armor as each piece of the outer shell is ~14 to 19 parts alternating and symmetrical for 12-14 sections (cant remember and don't wanna check atm) which makes 198 to 231 parts (I think) +all the other struts, interior armor, core and weapons would and front and back armor bring that up a lot.

Originally this was gonna be a frigate too xD

Also, love Vaos :D

10 hours ago, Alphasus said:

Persist

4 52 ton MD-01 Core 3 Nanos were deployed into the space around Moho. This was to protect from an invasion force that is likely to occur.

@Servo

@8bitgammers

First person to put up the 2nd persist file gets first turn.

3rd person to contribute to the file moves last.

I'll move 2nd.

Sorry this took so long:

persist w/ setup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjg43sin7pp9brv/Three-way%20battle%20%231.sfs?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.