KSP Essentials package

GROOV3ST3R

kspessentialslogo.jpg

Hello!! And welcome to the one and only comprehensive KSP Mod Pack.

I am reserving this space as the pack is due for release on SpacePort in the next few days.

This pack combines 10 separate plugins, 4 part packs and combines the work of 16 authors to bring you a comprehensive mod pack with an aim to enhance the KSP experience in a positive way for everyone :) The point of it is to add more functionality to the game as well as enhance the overall experience.

Plugin list:

- Kerbal Engineer Redux by Cybutek

- MechJeb and Hull Cameras by R4m0n

- Aviation Lights by BigNose

- Chatterer by Iannic-ann-od

- Quantum Struts by BoJan

- Crew Manifest by vXSovereignXv

- SubAssembly Loader by DEADBEEF

- Kerbal Alarm Clock by Trigger Au

- RemoteTech by JDP

- TAC Fuel Balancer by TaranisElsu

Extra parts:

- XR Series Intakes by Kerbtrek

- selected ''best-of'' Wayalnd Corp parts by Devogen

- Rubber Band Inc Caterpillar Tracks by electronicfox

- Rollkage by electronicfox, zitronen and angusmcbeth

I will also be including the Falcon II VTOL Engine by BobCat, as soon as it is updated to 0.20.

All of the above plugins and part packs are being used and distributed under permission from their respective authors. All credit goes to them, I'm just the middle-man :)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Trigger Au, DEADBEEF, vXSovereignXv, BoJaN, BobCat, Iannic-ann-od, JDP, kerbtrek, devogen, BigNose, r4m0n, cybutek, electronicfox, Zitronen, AngusMcBeth and TaranisElsu for their support, welcome feedback and permissions. Thanks guys :)

Special thanks go to JDP, BigNose, Trigger Au and Rich for their help, cooperation, insightful ideas and putting up with me and delays of the release of this pack :P

On release day, I will hopefully come up with yet another surprise, courtesy of a well-known KSP pilot :)

That is all for now, Thank you and see you in a few days :)

EDIT 12/06/12:

- added a new plugin/part pack - Rubber Band inc Caterpillar tracks :)

EDIT 18/06/13:

- adding the TAC Fuel Balancer :D created by TaranisElsu

EDIT 23/06/13:

- adding RollKage 1.1 made by Zitronen, AngusMcBeth and ElectronicFox

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

I have already taken care of permissions. Each and every one of the listed authors has agreed to me distributing their plugins and parts in this pack and to my knowledge, they are happy with that :)

As for KSPX - I have taken a look at that but it's primarily a collection of parts only and it has been discontinued as the author of the pack has joined the Squad team. Hence we now have the new command pods :)

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

I have already taken care of permissions. Each and every one of the listed authors has agreed to me distributing their plugins and parts in this pack and to my knowledge, they are happy with that :)

As for KSPX - I have taken a look at that but it's primarily a collection of parts only and it has been discontinued as the author of the pack has joined the Squad team. Hence we now have the new command pods :)

Nice to here, Haystacks would be nice.

Nice to here, Haystacks would be nice.

Haystack is simply a plugin to sort between all your vessels in flight. I believe KSP already has a way to do that in 0.20.2 hence why I didn't consider Haystack absolutely necessary. I may look at adding it in the future though, depending on the demand.

TAC Fuel Balancer - 'nuff said.

Hmm, sprawdzę ten plugin i dam ci znać :)

EDIT:

Quick question:

Should the pack include a ''quick-install'' folder with all plugins already put into a folder structure like they would have been after adding to KSP or should I only include the files as they come - to save space :) ?

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

Glad to see your pack has come together. That's a solid list of mods.

EDIT:

Quick question:

Should the pack include a ''quick-install'' folder with all plugins already put into a folder structure like they would have been after adding to KSP or should I only include the files as they come - to save space :) ?

I think have them already into a working folder structure, ready for play. Otherwise you may be getting questions you don't need like "How do I install this mod in your pack?" /2c

I think I will do 2 versions:

- one will include all plugins and parts to install on your own

- one has only plugins in a working structure

The main problem I run into is that the first one has 81 megabytes and the other is still a solid 40 mb. Spaceport is having trouble getting it's head around that. Might look for alternate solutions if that won't work..

That's what I did. But I keep running into issues with posting it on SpacePort. It just says ''Errors'' without any explanation at all. Everything has been filled, I double and triple checked all values and it just isn't posting.

The problem is I am pretty much bound to SpacePort as some of the authors prefer it to be the only repository for their files.

I think Devogen is doing something that I could use to help me with posting large files. I will have to contact him.

Don't like or want to use a part? Don't use it, it's that simple, you can even remove a part or plugin you don't like, there's nothing to stop you.

If you want a different pack that caters to your needs, feel free to gather permissions and make your own :)

GROOV3ST3R is making this pack with what he has chosen as a good mix of addons, no one is forcing you to use it.

MechJeb is absolutely UNessential, as is RemoteTech. You didn't even list KSPX? Why?

Im not listing random plugins I consider essential. I'm listing plugins that I have gained the permission to redistribute. And KSPX is a pure part pack. You have missed the point...

As for Kethane:

Hmm, I am a little unsure about that one. I know it is very useful and it would greatly compliment the pack. And if anyone is confused as to the point of the pack - I want it to enhance the game and add more things to do. But Kethane is a very large package in itself. It does add a lot of parts and would likely weigh down the file size. It will also swamp the menus with new parts :/ But I haven't crossed out the possibility of adding it to the pack just yet - it MAY happen, depending on the feedback and demand.

Once again, any feedback is welcome :) It helps me shape this pack to suit your needs more :)

EDIT:

I am still having issues with uploading to Space Port.... It's doing my head in. Even a 40 meg version doesn't want to go in. I could use some help :/

Edited by GROOV3ST3R

A lot of us use it for it's Smart ASS, maneuver planner, etc. If you don't like it, simply delete it from the package when you download it.

Smart ASS comes with remotech too, doesnt it?

the problem is than you are putting mods than are rebundant because there is another mod than does it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.