[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

The DCoM is still there, just the field in the GUI that told you the offset in meters is gone.

Which is a shame, as that field is basically the reason the mod was used... Oh well.

I dont need a mod to eyeball RCS placement :P I need a mod so I can get it down to a small enough error that it becomes completely irrelevant during docking.

Thanks for adding the mod to CKAN m4v! I happened to notice on github that you had some issues getting it up and running, and I appreciate you taking the time.

Whats he said indeed. And thanks for baring with all of us, it is very much appreciated ;) Now, I'm going to build myself a perfectly balanced spaceplane. Cheers!

@m4v I'm here to thank you for CKAN as well. It makes mods accessible in a user friendly way.

P.S. When reviewing RCS Build Aid, Scott Manley named DCoM the most important feature of this mod.

Edited by Enceos

Got a feature request: the calculations obey the enabled or disabledness of thrusters, but not of fuel tanks (i.e. disabling flow from a fuel tank doesn't affect the total delta-V). It would be great if this were fixed!

I'd say that's more a new feature than a fix.

So I'm having a problem where any of the editor controls (shift, wasd/qe, etc) also toggle some part of the RCS build aid. Toggling translation/engine mode, changing the vector I'm looking at (front/back, left/right, etc) or otherwise altering the RCS BA settings while I'm trying to work, which is insanely frustrating and significantly slows my workflow. There appears to be no settings to enable/disable this in the RCS BA settings menu or KSP keybinds, so am I dealing with some kind of bug?

Really excited to use this mod. Just one question. Does this work with the stock toolbar? I installed the mod and can't seem to activate it anywhere. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Yes it does. There should be a new button in the stock toolbar.

I downloaded it from this thread and copied the folder in the zip to my gamedata folder but when i launch the game no new button shows up. It might be an issue with another mod maybe. I do have a good amount of mods installed. It doesn't cause anything to not work it just doesn't do anything.

I downloaded it from this thread and copied the folder in the zip to my gamedata folder but when i launch the game no new button shows up. It might be an issue with another mod maybe. I do have a good amount of mods installed. It doesn't cause anything to not work it just doesn't do anything.

I can only suggest you to recheck that the mod is installed correctly, the game doesn't seem to be loading the .dll file. RCSBA has the option for disable the stock toolbar if you have blizzy's toolbar installed, but either way you would still have a button somewhere.

Please follow the link and learn what you need to do in order for others to be able to help you.

So this mod works great and all, but the CoL is the same size as the center of mass, and if I move the sliders It affects both of them :/

Is this on purpose?

Edited by Boamere

Version 0.7.1
--------------

* In engine mode, the green arrow is now proportional to TWR.
* FIX: account resources flow state.
* FIX: keyboard shortcuts again.
* FIX: account fairings mass.

So this mod works great and all, but the CoL is the same size as the center of mass, and if I move the sliders It affects both of them :/

Is this on purpose?

Yes, is intentional, and no, I can't bring happiness to everyone.

Edited by m4v

hey m4v, would it be possible to update the CKAN repo for the new version?
already done, but somebody at CKAN needs to approve the patch.
Mod developers don't maintain CKAN repositories.

Actually I just gave up and starting doing that since 0.7, is going to be hilarious if despite that I still get posts over RCSBA not being updated because the guys at CKAN can't approve the patches fast enough.

Their bot that indexes all the apps for changes has been bugged - it basically quit working for 30+ hours. They apparently did an index early today, but it may have broken again?

Their bot doesn't work for mods that are hosted only in curse.

Edited by m4v

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.