I wonder what real astronaut and cosmonaut think about KSP

Pawelk198604

Don't forget equating downloading mechjeb and hitting "execute" to spending ages perfecting the software for your rocket and carefully programming the flight path so your multi-million dollar real life rocket doesn't mess up.

If Ascent Autopilot works perfectly for you without tuning it to the particular rocket stack, you've been damned lucky!

Been a while since I used that part of Mechjeb, but it seemed every time I did it would drive the engines to within a hair's breadth of blowing up, and then start spinning in entirely the wrong direction once near orbit. Sure, you can just download and hit "execute", but that's hardly going to give you an efficient launch.

Edited by technicalfool

If Ascent Autopilot works perfectly for you without tuning it to the particular rocket stack, you've been damned lucky!

Been a while since I used that part of Mechjeb, but it seemed every time I did it would drive the engines to within a hair's breadth of blowing up, and then start spinning in entirely the wrong direction once near orbit. Sure, you can just download and hit "execute", but that's hardly going to give you an efficient launch.

I had a similar situation, when i used Ascent autopilot on lunar module to make timed launch to make dock with command module on Munar orbit, the mechjeb sent my in opposite direction 180 while CSM was on 90:(

• 4 months later...