- Kergypt (Cairo-Gizeh) desert city

- New Kyork (New York) coastal city

Monuments clone :

- Lonkorb : Big Ben, Tower Bridge

- Karbis : Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe

- Kergypt : Pyramides, Sphinx

- New Kyork : Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building

The Monuments have to be Lowpoly and "Kerbalized" :sticktongue:

The Airports will be KSC Airport clones so you will have many places for landing.

WIP :

- Statue of Kiberty (derivated work from that and that)

1371598820-v1-statue.jpg

- Keirffel Tower (derivated work from that)

1371602014-screenshot142.png

1371601992-screenshot143.png

1371602017-screenshot145.png

Edited by Frogbull

Have you found a way past the ~2.5 km render distance? This is a great idea, and you have good models, but I think that's the biggest issue here.

Not at the moment, but I think the best will be to integrate the city in the game directly (as a plugin-mod) like the officials building (VAB, Airport, roads); not as a "part", but the dev seems to help the community, so if we have a nice low-poly city, I'm sure they will help us for IG integration. :wink:

Not at the moment, but I think the best will be to integrate the city in the game directly (as a plugin-mod) like the officials building (VAB, Airport, roads); not as a "part", but the dev seems to help the community, so if we have a nice low-poly city, I'm sure they will help us for IG integration. :wink:

The romfarer mod has a option to change render distance, all the way up to 99,000 kilometers.

Isn't there a function in the Lazor System mod that can extend the render distances?

It might be a popular if you could do a second version of the statue like this.

Basically just cut it in half, maybe add a little damage.

Edit: Ninja'd

planetoftheapesending.jpg

Not bad. I'd have started a bit simpler, though, with some tower blocks, roads, houses, factories, and the like.

Admittedly, when I think about low-poly cities, I think of Frontier: Elite II or Frontier: First Encounters.

The romfarer mod has a option to change render distance, all the way up to 99,000 kilometers.

Thx for info. :wink:

It might be a popular if you could do a second version of the statue like this.

Basically just cut it in half, maybe add a little damage.

Fallout fan ? I'm sorry, one post-apo city (a Tchernobyl-Pripiat Like) why not but no more (Kerbal live in a fun world, let 'em in peace ! :D)

Not bad. I'd have started a bit simpler, though, with some tower blocks, roads, houses, factories, and the like.

Admittedly, when I think about low-poly cities, I think of Frontier: Elite II or Frontier: First Encounters.

Exactly, like in Frontier (but with low-res textures ^^)

oh i thought you meant cities... not landmarks.

My project are cities not only landmarks.:wink:

A low-poly city is a "planar 3D boxe" (the simple boxe you can imagine) with a High Res texture (2048x2048 or more).

But, to make it more "attractive", you add objects on it (houses, building, cars, trees, landmarks), objects are low-poly AND Low Res textured.

Three advantages of separate elements : textures, multi-purpose (you can easy move object on your city), separate collision boxes.

And, I think (not sure at all), Unity load one texture by element, so if you have 10 times the same building strewed on your City, Unity will load one time the texture and share it with the cloned element. It makes the city less-CPU/memory usage.

Exemple :

city_w.jpg62291ccc-effa-45fc-bb2c-2304c8bf2617Larger.jpg

IG exemple with stock parts; the pannel is the main part (the ground with texture) struts are separate building :

1371622568-screenshot146.png

Edited by Frogbull

Suggestion RE airports:

Use accurate runway numbers. The runway should be numbered according to compass heading(at KSC, for example, one side is 27, the other is 9).

Suggestion RE airports:

Use accurate runway numbers. The runway should be numbered according to compass heading(at KSC, for example, one side is 27, the other is 9).

Can you help me for that ? (not a compass expert ^^)

I work on a first step texture (2048x2048) (derivated work from that)

1371627815-kercity.jpg

It's WIP, for a good integration I need the grass texture used on Kerbin, who knows where I can find it ?

Ok, I've tested IG with a "ground" and a building (Eiffel Tower), it's not the final result, only a test. (I know grass is dirty don't call Captain Obvious please :D)

Zoom Large

1371629488-screenshot149.png

Zoom Medium

1371629496-screenshot148.png

Zoom Close

1371629466-screenshot147.png

...any chance of getting a Top Gear Test Track plonked down near KSC somewhere?

Why not, the Top Gear track is flat so, I can do it.

But now, I present to all of you my first playable Airport (ultra simple but I work a lot on the textures)

The Textures :

1371658309-airport.png1371658332-airport-sand.png1371658340-airport-grass.png

The First Landing (Ok, second, my first attempt I was to quick and the Airport is short :sticktongue:) in 4 steps :

1371658257-a.png

1371658248-b.png

1371658203-c.png

1371658289-d.png

If you want the actual Part, I can upload it, but it will be for betatesting (I want support/feedback/help)

Someone made a plugin that allowed you to add objects (a la VAB or SPH) to the game world on Kerbin at any coordinates you want. I don't remember where the thread is.

There's an internal object called PQSCity, which is used for placing easter eggs. I bet it could be adapted to place permanent objects.

That's what the plugin did I think.

New update, a village-city-airport :

1371759402-screenshot161.png

1371759387-screenshot162.png

1371759404-screenshot163.png

All work, you can walk on it or land/crash a rocket/aircraft.

The city is not invulnerable at the moment (my goal is an invunerable city with destructible parts on it (house, building).

And with a lot of work in my mod, I'm sure it will be easy for anyone who wants to create a new city and place it on Kerbin (or Duna, or beyond :cool:).

130620104035585107.png

The same city but with a custom road (you can do the road part by part like you adding solar panel on a struc)

Edited by Frogbull
Custom Road