Ever get the feeling the VAB doesn't approve of your design

Rocket Farmer

The VAB irritates the crap out of me actually. I always seem to click and grab pieces I do not mean to -.-. Then I try to undo, and sometimes it doesn't work or sometimes it does but undoes other things as well. I think the VAB hates my designs with passion. XD

It deleted everything but the command pod on a design once, of course the ship was taking up most of the VAB and probably coulda made it to another solar system, so everything in ksp probably hated it... And it just had to be destroyed XD

Yes. After finally designing a craft the can (hopefully) land several base modules on Duna that actually looks good, I get the annoying bug where there are ghost parts, rendering this craft unusable unless I rebuild it.

9Puj4hQ.jpg

Just now when starting to build at an asymmetric part of the rocket.

I built a rover first than built the rocket around it afterwards. Quite the stupid idea it seams, it messed up symmetry for the whole rocket and I had to do everything manually...

Oh well, I finished it anyway.

I have had so many spaceplanes spin out because of this. ;.;

Oh yeah! So many times! Another is when you place the launch clamps on the bottom of the center stack but the VAB decides that they belong on the upper stage instead the bottom stage.

Throttle up. Spacebar to launch and it's still clamped down! >_< DERP!

The VAB has crappy default staging, like the launch-clamp thing. It recommended me light a set of solid boosters, and then immediately decouple them. Other times it wants to activate a engine along with the one the the stage above it:P. And when move my HUGE lower stages with symmetry on for some reason, it places the entire stage times 4 horizontally on the bottom of the upper stage, and my comp has a heart attack.

Rocket pirouettes.

But seriously, the VAB might give me a lot of grief, but the SPH I am convinced hates the notion of spaceplanes and has declared the construction of them an activity done only by heretics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.