How Old is KSP's Userbase?

MasterGir

How old are you?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

14! Also, I'm really happy to see people on the older side expressing interest in video games!

Now, if I could only get my dad to play... :)

Just tell him that you can out engineer him. Worked for me. We discovered the game at the same time and had our own space race.

14! Also, I'm really happy to see people on the older side expressing interest in video games!

Now, if I could only get my dad to play... :)

...Kid, I've been playing MMO's for longer than you've been alive, let alone video games, lol.

*insert get off my lawn meme*

I'm sure it's probably more true that the people in their thirties+ here have been interested in games since before you were born, rather than becoming interested in them after you discovered them.

That said, I play with my 13 year old son all the time on our house Minecraft server. I'm better at KSP than him, but some of the stuff he does in Minecraft with redstone blows me away.

edit: this is sarcastic amused tone, not annoyed. i think it's great kids your age are taking an interest in video games besides "Gears of Slaughter: XI"

Edited by Finis

22 here, though i have the mentality of a 12, never was very good at physics (doing a microbiology degree, i haven't really needed it since A-levels) but gotta say, i feel ksp has taught me a lot; guess its cause i like the teacher this time :P

i wonder though, has there been a gender poll?

Interesting, this site is mostly populated by teenagers like myself.

Or, teenagers like yourself are the people most likely to be free to read this forum in the middle of a weekday. :) But thanks for the first age poll in which I am not "Other/too old to bother with."

...Kid, I've been playing MMO's for longer than you've been alive, let alone video games, lol.

*insert get off my lawn meme*

I'm sure it's probably more true that the people in their thirties+ here have been interested in games since before you were born, rather than becoming interested in them after you discovered them.

That said, I play with my 13 year old son all the time on our house Minecraft server. I'm better at KSP than him, but some of the stuff he does in Minecraft with redstone blows me away.

edit: this is sarcastic amused tone, not annoyed. i think it's great kids your age are taking an interest in video games besides "Gears of Slaughter: XI"

Well, when I said "people on the older side" I meant more in the high forties and fifties even (like my own father)...sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also, the "Gears of Slaughter: XI" really cracked me up, nice one :D

Edited by RazorWolf19

I bought an NES in '85 or '86 when I was 10 (with my own money, how proud I was...) and was programming games into my TRS-80 for at least a year before then.

And I echo Finis here, It's refreshing to see so many young people take interest in a game like KSP.

(And yet you seem to use "lol" unironically.) 38-year-old here, who's been doing astronomy for a living for longer than some of the people on this forum have been alive...

That reminds me of something from about eight years back. I was TAing a college freshman astronomy course, and one of my students asked to borrow a calculator for the test since she'd forgotten to bring her own. Since I'd already given out the few university-owned calculators we keep on hand for these sorts of things, I loaned her my old solar-powered TI-36 scientific calculator, circa 1986. Then it hit me that the calculator was older than the student...

So yeah, you young'uns need to get off my lawn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.