How Old is KSP's Userbase?

MasterGir

How old are you?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

I'm 16, but I am surprised that there are so many older people kicking around here. Still, hope for the future I guess, I wouldn't mind playing an occasional bit of KSP when I'm 40! :D Course, it'll be 2036 then... :confused:

Sad thing is that you'll be 40 before you know it... Someone once told me that people's perception of time changes as they get older because their frame of reference changes along with their age. When you're 10, 5 years is an extremely long time because it's half your life. When you're 30, 5 years isn't nearly as long. When you're 50, 25 years seems as long as as 5 years did when you were 10. If that is true, then the objective middle of our lives is somewhere around 18... You're just about over the hill, kid. :)

Edited by PakledHostage

Turning 13 in about 2 days, so...

I always say I'm 29, and born in May, to protect my identity. But you all seem like nice-not-going-to-kill-me-in-my-sleep kinds of people.

Sad thing is that you'll be 40 before you know it... Someone once told me that people's perception of time changes as they get older because their frame of reference changes along with their age. When you're 10, 5 years is an extremely long time because it's half your life. When you're 30, 5 years isn't nearly as long. When you're 50, 25 years seems as long as as 5 years did when you were 10. If that is true, then the objective middle of our lives is somewhere around 18... You're just about over the hill, kid. :)

Who're you calling kid?! :wink: But yeah, that sounds pretty much what I've heard about getting older, best enjoy it while I can...

I'd be the reverse you, only male and not 12. I'm 15 but feel at least 2 years ahead mentally than most of my age group. As one of the "geeks" (i.e the people who don't conform to trends and who are not stupid (not saying everyone beside the "geeks" are stupid, but you get what I mean) I was bullied for two years :(. I've been fascinated by space and space exploration my whole life and, needless to say, I got a major nerdgasm when I found KSP!

Quite. I might have been interested, but I didn't study the maths behind orbital mechanics until I was 18 (I'm a 39 year old woman). I guess the game can be mastered without knowing about conic sections, eccentricity and suchlike, but it would make the learning curve much harder. Good for those picking it up early and making their space programme work!

I've always been interested in science (including aerospace - being born a month before Apollo 13, and growing up with the Shuttle and semi-regular postcards from the Voyagers, will do that to ya), but not so much the maths; I can struggle through the latter, but it's not "fun." Thank goodness for tools like the web-based planetary-transfer calculators and the (now stock, and thus often taken for granted) orbital map/maneuver node system.

And as the above dates indicate, I'm in the 40+ range.

This takes quite some courage,but I will admit that i'm 13.(Not the idiotic kind of 13 year old) My current phase of interest has shifted from Archaeology to Astronomy.I have good grades i'm an Air cadet and i'm 100% dedicated to becoming an Astronaut some day :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.