[0.24.2] Wolf Aerospace - Perfectrons / L.E.S. Pack [11.08.2014]

PDCWolf

Only if the mod came with a license that allows redistribution. The opening post doesn't include a license unfortunately, so it's hard to tell.

It's a real shame that we stand to lose all of this awesome content from creators who are no longer active in the community.

• 3 weeks later...

The ullage booster and escape towers included with NovaPunch have essentially the same functionality as these parts, but it comes with a huge assortment of other things you may or may not want. Not saying this was a bad mod, but just that there are other things that'll do the same job and are still available.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well...I guess I'll create some of my own models and revive the mod, even if it's just through the idea...

I was thinking about starting to make my own mods for KSP, and I guess this would be a good start...

No promises tho...

Wow, I totally forgot about this and spaceport dying. I'll get a download link on the main thread right now.

Great news! Thanks!

But now I'll have to think of another excuse to myself to start modding KSP tho...That desire for new projects even tho I'm already kinda overloaded from the final semester in college...

But now I'll have to think of another excuse to myself to start modding KSP tho...

What about "this f- thinks he can come back from the tomb and kill my modding desire, I'll show him!" or just "Hey, the game could use this idea of mine".

@PDCWolf - Aside from the models being flipped (inward, towards the attachment point rather than sticking out) on the Y axis; There seems to be some serious problems with FAR and/or DeadlyReentry. The perfectrons are self-destroying as soon as the craft picks up some speed after launch. And just to be clear, by "some speed" I mean something ridiculously slow as 100m/s. I suspect it may be related to the parts being flipped, or some other model-wise problem like a bad collision model or a bug in the collision-detection of the collision models.

In career mode, I think the LES systems are available too early (way earlier than the stock one). Is this intended?

KSP's stock techtree unlocks are completely unbalanced/unrealistic...Small SRBs, like the separatrons, would have been discovered/developed much earlier than big, lifting-stage ones. Probes, even if unguided/purely mechanical ("unintelligent") ones, would have been developed much earlier than manned capsules. And so on, and so forth. If you are playing with an unmodified tech-tree, you might as well not care about the realism in progression, both from stock and for mod-added parts: It makes absolutely no sense, such as are the Kerbal ways and traditions. :wink:

Is there a good mod that only alters the tech tree progression for a realistic balance? Better than Starting Manned alters too much other stuff for my tastes.

There is. The TreeLoader mod. But it's not (officially) updated yet; Apparently it's still working with 24.*, or at least that's what the people trying their luck are reporting, but it has not been recompiled for x64, and so may be unstable and cause crashes.

I personally am going to bravely and patiently endure the stock-techtree torture until it's officially updated; But if you install it and it works for you, then I personally recommend that you choose the "Traditional Tech" techtree, by nazari, when the techtree choice popup window shows up at the start of the new game you obviously would have to create.

Just a final note: Since the mod is not updated, although the mod fetches the techtrees from the internet in real time (AFAIK), the techtrees themselves are not guaranteed to be up-to-date for the new version as well.

Good luck!

Edited by AlmightyR

In career mode, I think the LES systems are available too early (way earlier than the stock one). Is this intended?

Yes, they come in the "survivality" node, which seems fitting. Maybe I could move the bigger version forward in the tech tree. Will look into it.

@PDCWolf - Aside from the models being flipped (inward, towards the attachment point rather than sticking out) on the Y axis; There seems to be some serious problems with FAR and/or DeadlyReentry. The perfectrons are self-destroying as soon as the craft picks up some speed after launch. And just to be clear, by "some speed" I mean something ridiculously slow as 100m/s. I suspect it may be related to the parts being flipped, or some other model-wise problem like a bad collision model or a bug in the collision-detection of the collision models.

I'm playing with N.E.A.R. and deadly reentry with augmented multipliers and I haven't run into this problem. The colliders are the basic convex ones that unity generates. I'll look into it tho.

KSP's stock techtree unlocks are completely unbalanced/unrealistic...Small SRBs, like the separatrons, would have been discovered/developed much earlier than big, lifting-stage ones. Probes, even if unguided/purely mechanical ("unintelligent") ones, would have been developed much earlier than manned capsules. And so on, and so forth. If you are playing with an unmodified tech-tree, you might as well not care about the realism in progression, both from stock and for mod-added parts: It makes absolutely no sense, such as are the Kerbal ways and traditions. :wink:

Exactly this. I tried to fit my stuff into wherever I believed would be correct. Maybe I can make some tweaks to it, but I still believe you should unlock vital stuff like the LES as soon as possible and the survivability node looked perfect for that, that's why it is so early in the tree. About the separation assistants... I guess I could move them to advanced rocketry but "we developed flew in big rockets before making them safe" does not really go with my idea.

Expect the "stuff spawns facing the wrong way" fix soon.

Well, the spawns are fixed. Now we wait for squad to fix their colliders for some consistency.

T6wL0nt.png

In this image:

•0.625m tanks: Perfect

•1m tanks: Floats on some, clips in others

•2.5m tanks: Clips on every single one

•3.75m tanks: Same as 2.5m, it even looks the same.

Edited by PDCWolf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.