In the spirit of cooperation and competition

Nauthy

I'm sorry to hear that, Spyritdragon :( You are more than welcome to join us again when we continue the project. And if we're not done with the stations in a couple of weeks we'd love to still have your module go up!

I've spoken to WhiteWeasel and Holo, who are both working on their modules for this week, so hopefully we'll be seeing those soon. The save file is currently in Holo's hands, let's give him another day or so before passing it on. And that docking arm sounds like a great idea, esinohio, so if you want we can set you up next. The sooner the better for something like that.

Then can i join with the space station? I use mechjeb but I'd destroy the mechjeb module.

I'd be happy to let you join us, but I gotta mention a couple of things. As it is right now, the only space open is on the nearly complete science station (unless someone from the fuel depot wants to switch over), so docking might get a bit laggy. We also have a set of important rules set in place which you'll find in the first post, please give them a good read. Also, do you have a YouTube/Twitch channel for uploading your video? Other than that, welcome to the party!

So, when this is said and done I believe someone had an idea of expanding this a bit further with the addition of a mun base and space station? I know I'm certainly down for that challenge! Anyone have any thoughts on this? I was thinking that adding the base/station combo might give more opportunities for people to join the build. Some could be tasked with building support craft such as fuel, cargo, crew tugs, and various rovers. Then of course we have the station and base that more than a few people could build on. Having a few more things to build might give us more wiggle room with the overall part counts as well since things like the support craft don't have to be stuck in one spot.

So, when this is said and done I believe someone had an idea of expanding this a bit further with the addition of a mun base and space station? I know I'm certainly down for that challenge! Anyone have any thoughts on this? I was thinking that adding the base/station combo might give more opportunities for people to join the build. Some could be tasked with building support craft such as fuel, cargo, crew tugs, and various rovers. Then of course we have the station and base that more than a few people could build on. Having a few more things to build might give us more wiggle room with the overall part counts as well since things like the support craft don't have to be stuck in one spot.

we have already planned to build stuff on other places just that we need to finish the current stuff first.

A base on Kerbins moons is for sure the next step i voted Minmus because I have TONS of stuff designed for Minmus. If you care to see on my YT channel I have a Minmus train set up that i could strip for part count. Its like episode 15 or something.

Here is the persistence file for the Xenon module I launched:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0QSKd3qq9H_MjBhZWtqMmxIRHM/edit?usp=sharing

The video is coming soon, but uploading is really, really slow.

EDIT:

It's done! See http://youtu.be/Xrmk5L6YtGc

Also, I think one of the bases in the next round should be in this area on Minmus:

kInAKob.png

EDIT2: It's my favourite place on Minmus, thanks to its equatorial location and lack of steep slopes compared to other places. Plus, it's near or on sea level so the altimeter reports your correct height, easing landings.

Edited by Holo

Yeah, I love the idea of doing a station/ground base combo for the next build and Minmus is a really good option. I'd also like to get something going around the Mun at some point, but there's no rush. Depending on how many people we get for the second round, we could definitely up the part count and maybe have something like two stations going up (one at the Mun, one at Minmus) as well as a ground base on Minmus.

And great job on the module, Holo! Having some xenon up there will definitely be handy if/when we build some probes to send out into the system. Also, that's probably the ice lake that I land in most frequently on Minmus, hehe.

These stations are lookin' awesome, everyone, keep it up! :)

I hope it's not dead either! Did it really go that far down the list in so little time? :( Let's get some more discussion going, that'll keep it active. We can definitely start thinking about where the project's going next as we reach the end of the first phase. It seems like a lot of people are cool with the idea of building a station/ground base combo next and Minmus is probably the best option for that. It takes a bit more to get out there than the Mun, but it shouldn't be too big of an issue. I also wanted to ask you guys what you think about getting more people to join us. I think I would rather stick with the current group, the ones that have uploaded modules or are definitely going to, since that way we know what to expect. It will also allow us to up the parts count a bit as we have less people involved than we did at the start.

As for the current build, we've got WhiteWeasel up next. I just spoke to him, so hopefully we'll be seeing his module within the next couple of days! :)

Hey everyone,

Just here to say im still following this thread and still very interested. Im currently over 6.000 km from my laptop, but i should be back on KSP in 10 days. Exams are over, time should be all open. If my spot is still open ill orbit it right then and there unless anyone else is busy.

Ill do some hopefully funny video editing to make up for the delay if i make it.

And um... anything we're doing about the fact .22 will actually have science parts?

What should our targets be? I feel with all this down time we could have someone else go and decide what we want to do. I vote for next a Minmus ground base. Then what? Mun ground base and station? Then I think the best next step is an Eve station. Not that I have any final say here :P I think we should get this in order.

Hey everyone,

Just here to say im still following this thread and still very interested. Im currently over 6.000 km from my laptop, but i should be back on KSP in 10 days. Exams are over, time should be all open. If my spot is still open ill orbit it right then and there unless anyone else is busy.

Ill do some hopefully funny video editing to make up for the delay if i make it.

And um... anything we're doing about the fact .22 will actually have science parts?

Glad to hear that, hope all your exams went well! Your spot is definitely still open :) We'll figure out the launch situation when you get back, but everything should be fine for you to go whenever. As for the 0.22 update...yeah, that whole science thing... Well, we can probably leave the stations as they are for now and just call them outdated, heh. Then we can include those science parts on future builds.

What should our targets be? I feel with all this down time we could have someone else go and decide what we want to do. I vote for next a Minmus ground base. Then what? Mun ground base and station? Then I think the best next step is an Eve station. Not that I have any final say here I think we should get this in order.

Minmus ground base is probably a good idea for the next build. I say we get a station going up around Minmus at the same time, so we can have modules with more parts that way. Though dedicating everyone to a ground base only might also be interesting, it would make for a huge base. One of the biggest issues we'll face with a ground base will be the standardizing of docking ports, since they'll need to be at the same height for things to attach properly. So again, it might be better to have less people on the base just so it's less of a hassle. We definitely need to get something on and around the Mun as well, it seems logical to go there next after Minmus. After that...so many possibilities! An Eve station would be great, that's such a nice planet. Getting a ground base there too will be more difficult, but totally worth the trouble, I think. I also had an idea for getting a large interplanetary vessel built and then sending it to various places, but it might be better to hold off on that until we have a few more stations around for it to visit.

Oh man, would that ever be awesome. It sounds like you want to build an Eve city :P Definitely doable! Well, except for the hydrogen balloons, though we could probably figure out a way to fake those without using mods, just for looks. I love the idea of building a huge base, but the only problem is, as always, the lag. :(

I've also gone through and played around with the persistance file a little bit. I noticed when watching Holo's video that there was still a bunch of debris around. Maybe the wrong save got passed on at some point? As far as I can tell all the modules seem to be present, so I dunno. Either way, all the debris around Kerbin and the Mun has been cleaned up. I also renamed the stations so their names aren't as long, heh. You can find the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkznb43r3s821hh/persistent.sfs

Thought our fuel depot could use a docking arm of sorts since everyone else had shot up just awesome amounts of fuel/rcs. Added some more seniors for larger ships as well as a junior docking port for probes. Threw on some lights for the docking ports to ease targeting. I'll upload my video sometime today, I hope!!, or definitely tomorrow.

Save file here : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6JXoZd-efG_aG81aG5uQThDNkk/edit?usp=sharing

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Nice esinohio, good call on that docking arm! Would you mind also posting your video in the other thread when it's up? Thanks!

And in case anybody's wondering, the reason we skipped over WhiteWeasel's module is because he had to drop out :( Hopefully he'll be able to join us again later.

Hoojiwana, if you want to go up next, you're more than welcome to! 25 parts will be good, but feel free to make the module a bit bigger if you need to. I think we're sitting pretty good on parts count, though I haven't checked in a while.

After that, we're pretty much done with the fuel depot! Spyritdragon's module still needs to get up there, so we'll finish up the science station in the meantime, and then close out the first phase of the project! I'll be making some sort of outro video at the end to tie things up neatly.

Again, great job everyone! It's a pleasure to be working with all of you that have contributed and stuck around :)

Heeey, the forums are back!

I enjoyed that quick video, leax :) What better way to show off our hard work than to blow it all up! Who doesn't love explosions?

Let's finish this project up, friends! Esinohio, I'm not sure if you video went up, please let me know and I'll make sure to add it to the playlist. As for the people going next, we've got Hoojiwana up on deck, with Goose to follow afterwards. I'll be sending out some PMs tomorrow to make sure everyone's still on board. Hopefully the forums going down didn't affect us too much.

Edited by Nauthy

Heeey :-)

With the time the forums are out, i was unable to get to the persistance file and launch anything. As shown before, the module is still ready and built though. I'll just wait for Hoojiwana and Goose then i suppose.

Although, after recent attempts at our lives, i might redesign the thing while im waiting for improved safety.

Oh and, Leax, yousa going downsa ;-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.