In the spirit of cooperation and competition

Nauthy

Dharaks like "Wheres my radar? We're coming in hot." goes 30 m/s.

Im like "I wonder if i should slow down" goes 100 m/s straight downward.

Im not a very cautious person :P. I litterally tend to keep at least 100 m/s of velocity untill im within 800 metres of the surface.

Ah, a fan of the suicide burn, I see :P I just like to get in as low an orbit as possible and basically come to a stop right above where I want to land. It's fun flying along at a silly high velocity while only at a few kms away from the surface :D

Anyways, here's my video:

The persistence file can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ioedr0pmg0yimd/persistent.sfs

Like I said in the video, the station is not perfectly aligned along the equator, but it is set up in a geostationary orbit above the ground base. It's maybe 1 or 2 degrees off. I can fix that if anyone really cares, I just didn't want to mess up its current orbit, heh.

EDIT:

Oh hey Cake! You must've made your post at the same time as me, heh. There's a link in the opening post to the submissions thread, you can find the playlist and all the videos there.

And welcome to the group! So the others are not all confused, Cake messaged me on YT about joining the project. While we may not be able to get you in this time, we'll definitely find a spot for you in the future. Everyone please give him a warm welcome :)

Edited by Nauthy

Ah, a fan of the suicide burn, I see :P I just like to get in as low an orbit as possible and basically come to a stop right above where I want to land. It's fun flying along at a silly high velocity while only at a few kms away from the surface :D

Anyways, here's my video:

The persistence file can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ioedr0pmg0yimd/persistent.sfs

Like I said in the video, the station is not perfectly aligned along the equator, but it is set up in a geostationary orbit above the ground base. It's maybe 1 or 2 degrees off. I can fix that if anyone really cares, I just didn't want to mess up its current orbit, heh.

Oh hey Cake! You must've made your post at the same time as me, heh. There's a link in the opening post to the submissions thread, you can find the playlist and all the videos there.

And welcome to the group! So the others are not all confused, Cake messaged me on YT about joining the project. While we may not be able to get you in this time, we'll definitely find a spot for you in the future. Everyone please give him a warm welcome :)

It doesn't always turn out too well though. Slight fuel misdivision put me into a spin only half an hour ago, resulting in a few deaths of Jebediah i had to use the time-space-transmanipulator to reverse.

I don't mind the orbit being inclined, although im not sure if it'll exactly stay geostationary when its on an inclined orbit. Will it?

And hey cake ^-^. Nauthy, don't we have a space on the station left? My module is really a shuttlecraft and fuel tug - the shuttlecraft will spend some of its time at ground level, and the tug will spend some of its time attached to the Fuel Station or just plain orbiting Minmus and Kerbin.

It doesn't always turn out too well though. Slight fuel misdivision put me into a spin only half an hour ago, resulting in a few deaths of Jebediah i had to use the time-space-transmanipulator to reverse.

I don't mind the orbit being inclined, although im not sure if it'll exactly stay geostationary when its on an inclined orbit. Will it?

And hey cake ^-^. Nauthy, don't we have a space on the station left? My module is really a shuttlecraft and fuel tug - the shuttlecraft will spend some of its time at ground level, and the tug will spend some of its time attached to the Fuel Station or just plain orbiting Minmus and Kerbin.

Hmm, that's a good point about the orbit. I believe it'll actually be geosynchronous, not stationary. So it'll stay at the correct altitude, but there'll be a slight "wobble" to the orbit which will probably mess it up. I'll fix it and post the persistence later on.

As it is right now, we're all full up on the station as well. With the higher part limit I'm not sure just how many modules we'll have. I spoke to WhiteWeasel about going next since he's going to be busy with school, but if he's unable to participate we'll slot Cake in there instead :) I'll wait until tomorrow before I send Weasel a PM to see what's up, then we'll go from there.

Alright, I dunno if Weasel is still able to join us. Gonna wait a day on a reply to my PM, and if he can't go then we'll get Cake in there instead. I've also PMed Cooly, so he should be going very soon.

Also fixed the Minmus station's orbit so that it's now equatorial. As far as I can tell, anyways. I did a few orbits and everything looked good. I'm sure it's probably still off by a little bit, but it's really hard to judge without a reference. I also moved the ground base core into the ice lake, I hope that's cool by you Dharak. It'll be easier to build on flat ground and it's now a good distance away from the Hermit Shack, so we don't need to worry about those extra parts interfering.

Latest persistence with all the changes here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ioedr0pmg0yimd/persistent.sfs

Both of those could work. A hab module for the obvious reasons. An army of rovers (with 40 parts that might be an army of tiny rovers, heh) would be hilarious. As long as they can dock to the base for refuelling and other such purposes, we'd be good. That's actually giving me some ideas. Imagine a few of those little guys that could combine together to form a super rover. Hmm...

Anyways, once the persistence file gets posted you're welcome to go next, Destroyer. Weasel might still be involved, but he will go later in the order once school dies down. In the meantime we can get Cake to start working on his module(s) for the station.

I can't wait to see the final product. I'll gladly feature the crap out of this if it's good.

That's fantastic news! Hopefully we can make something worth showing off :) You're welcome to check out what we have so far, there's another thread set up with all of the submissions (link in the first post). The first phase was the two stations built in Kerbin orbit, currently we're working on Minmus, and next will probably be the Mun. I dunno when we'll have a "finished product", heh, since we'd like to populate the entire system if at all possible.

Hey Nauthy, I don't mean to nag, but the last day I have to make youtube videos until December (I think) is tomorrow (Friday). Could you just talk to him, see what he's doing? Thanks.

-Cake

Just about to send him a PM. He's usually pretty active, so chances are something's come up. If you'd like, you can go ahead with your video. Use the persistence file from Cooly, it's somewhere on this page, we can just combine the two saves afterwards.

And yea, will do Leax :) You'll be coming up soon.

Everything actually managed to get sorted out on my part, so next time ill actually have... you know... a video :P.

Also, i was thinking. Its a bit premature, but once we leave the Kerbin system, might we not be better off launching our modules at the same time so we don't have to go warping around years and years to hit that transfer window each time?

Edited by Spyritdragon

Everything actually managed to get sorted out on my part, so next time ill actually have... you know... a video :P.

Also, i was thinking. Its a bit premature, but once we leave the Kerbin system, might we not be better off launching our modules at the same time so we don't have to go warping around years and years to hit that transfer window each time?

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. It'll be tough to coordinate everything, though. I'm thinking that the best thing would be to get everyone's modules ready and in orbit, at which point someone can take over (probably me :P) and launch all the things where they're supposed to go. My reasoning is that it'll be much easier for one person to ensure that all the modules reach their new orbit, at which point we can pass the file out again and construction can begin.

Alright guys, I did my thing! I would post the persistence file here, but I think I may still need to edit in Destroyer's rover thing...

Anyway, here's my video!

http://youtu.be/wcM2yDlW1Ro

Good stuff, man! Your game audio was a bit loud at times, but it's fine for the most part. Nice landing with Cake Kerman :P And yea, I was having so much trouble getting that station set up in a perfect orbit, I just kinda gave up when it was "good enough", heh. Also, I can combine the two files once Destroyer gets his up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.