[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.21 Discussion thread

blspblackdeath

I really miss the old [uNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] Discussion threads.

So I thought I create one for the next update.

Give me your thoughts and facts for 0.21.

Maybe we get the Devs to participate,too. (Like in the old days) :wink:

And to start the discussion:

I really looking forward to the new Space Center Buildings.

Hope we will see a new one like a Training Facillity or a Control Room (where you can take missions).

Edited by blspblackdeath

I'm really looking forwards to resources, multiplayer and aliens on 0.21....

Just kidding, I'll love the new interiors for the buildings made by Bac9, and the new crew management. I know it won't be a complete feature, but it'll save a lot of time with transport trucks and ladders, and it's also the beginning of tweakables. :)

I really cant wait for the career mode... hopefully it will be in the next update. I think that career mode will give a fun twist on the game for all the people who have been playing for a long time :) . Also it will give KSP a new perspective!

I'm looking forward to the new kerbal recruit DanRosas is working on. Maybe we will get different kerbals to display in the rocket and hopefully Spacesuits in new colors. Orange for the "Veterans" Jeb Bill and Bob, White for Astronauts and blue for recruit.

I keep hearing people talk about tweakables, what are these?

A system in which you can tweak stuff before launch.

Ex: -Fuel type on your tanks

-What color lights are

-Landing gear starting retracted/Deployed

The crew management and assignment, which will be done in the VAB before launch is the first manifestation of this system. :)

personally, I think they should just stick the resource gathering parts and systems and what not first, but that's just me. I do not see how this astronaut complex will change anything besides just being there.

and on a less note, I hope they DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE THE IVA FOR THE HITCHHIKER, because I think I recall nova or one of the other devs saying how they forgot it last time.

I like the idea of tweakables they would fill in most minor part gaps.

EDIT:tweakables would be edits to the size of tanks,colour of lights,power generationand things along those lines,there would be issues with engines.everything would be proportionate eg:rtg that generates 90 per minute would have twice the mass and is twice the size.

Edited by Spartwo

I'll wait till tomorrow, when the next KSP weekly is due, and then I'll come back here and check :)

anyway, I'm always hoping for more parts - more stuff from KSPX, especially.

however, both Nova and Claira are on a leave, so I don't know if someone else is taking care of that.

I think tweakables will be right clicking on parts in VAB/SPH and choosing what you want to put into them.

And I hope for 3-man cockpit to be slightly redone so it fits into the style of other rocket parts. New space plane parts would be awesome too.

just for a base line... Here's all the info I know of yet releases about what is intended to go into .21

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/184-KSP-0-21-Update-News

Revised Flight-End scene flow.

Player Progress Tracking System.

Overhauled Space Center Scenery.

The Astronaut Complex Facility.

Crew Management.

Overhauled Space Center Facilities.

More Upgrades to Parts and Part Modules.

My save was sorta destroyed by .20 and me... not backing things up first... so I've been kinda reticent to do much in .20 thinking that I don't want to duplicate my efforts... I had sent orbiters to most places... I don't want to do that again until there is a reason too. **cough resources cough** They aren't planned for .21 and I'm a little disappointed by that. Not discouraged, not mad, I just really want it and a little bit of me will be disappointed every time I'm told "not yet".

So for .20 and for .21 for which this thread is about I don't see anything to motivate me out of Kerbin orbit. I'll most likely be making novelty space craft in Kerbin orbit for a while. If crew training gets in... I can see that taking up a bunch of my time. Train my Kerbals up so that when resources are added they're all ready to go out and conquer.

just for a base line... Here's all the info I know of yet releases about what is intended to go into .21

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/184-KSP-0-21-Update-News

Revised Flight-End scene flow.

Player Progress Tracking System.

Overhauled Space Center Scenery.

The Astronaut Complex Facility.

Crew Management.

Overhauled Space Center Facilities.

More Upgrades to Parts and Part Modules.

My save was sorta destroyed by .20 and me... not backing things up first... so I've been kinda reticent to do much in .20 thinking that I don't want to duplicate my efforts... I had sent orbiters to most places... I don't want to do that again until there is a reason too. **cough resources cough** They aren't planned for .21 and I'm a little disappointed by that. Not discouraged, not mad, I just really want it and a little bit of me will be disappointed every time I'm told "not yet".

So for .20 and for .21 for which this thread is about I don't see anything to motivate me out of Kerbin orbit. I'll most likely be making novelty space craft in Kerbin orbit for a while. If crew training gets in... I can see that taking up a bunch of my time. Train my Kerbals up so that when resources are added they're all ready to go out and conquer.

The astronaut complex is very nice, and it looks like it will be the only thing that changes the mechanics of the game this update. You and me are in the boat man! I haven't left Kerbin's SOI since 0.18, and I have only left LKO 3 times since then. Really starving for some purpose to my exploration :(

I'm really looking forwards to ... multiplayer

no this will never happen never bring this up again it has started so many pointless threads. (solve the time warp problem)

I'm wish we could get the resources mentioned months earlier to be implemented. also for parachutes on the kerbals not modded.

I'm looking forward to the new kerbal recruit DanRosas is working on. Maybe we will get different kerbals to display in the rocket and hopefully Spacesuits in new colors. Orange for the "Veterans" Jeb Bill and Bob, White for Astronauts and blue for recruit.

But blue is for the KAF... The Kerbal Air Force..

A better map with better zoom and camera

Maneuvers nodes more user friendly (bigger or scalar)

A tab with favorites parts in the VAB

The in-game, not mod, ability to combine different ships in one on the VAB

Quality of life improvements mostly to be honest. People ask a lot for big features, but do we really need them before these "little" things are iron out?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.