[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I have a question... Is there a way to bind more than one pair of keys to servo groups? :huh:

Yes, it is possible, however, last time I tried in 0.24 and 0.25, not all pairs works corectly. There could be conflict with other mods installed, local language keyboard settings or something else, so not all pair of keys will work properly, you will have to search for proper ones. If I recall correctly, keys (I,O,P,J,K,L) have worked, but could be conflict with KAS (P key), you will have to find proper ones for your game/mode for yourself.

love this mod! is it possible to bind functions to more than one key?

for example, I'm trying to build a VTOL that can do the normal VTOL thing with rotatrons- I've bound the pair of rotating engines in the GUI to "F" to move them down and "V" to move them up.

What I'd to do: I'd like to have V and F still be there WHILE binding the left engine to pitch DOWN with "G" while the right engine pitches UP with "G" and the exact opposite with "B".

I've tried binding things such as "F;G", "F:G". "F,G" to the same part and other permutations of various punctuation marks, but with no success.

I'd like to easily do the Crazy Ivan from Firefly :P It's a bit of a pain flying a plane with the two engines bound to completely different keys for rotating.

I mean... something like that guy asked before me... one Servo Group bound to 4 keys or more.

I'm designing a robotic arm, it have key binds to move the payload w/o changing it's orientation. but for this to work correctly, one of the servos need to work in conjunction to two other servo groups by sharing the key binds.

Edited by luizopiloto

Hi guy. Have 2 questions.

1. How to disable that terrible R2D2modem sound?

2. I have retractable parts but don't have any bending part. I tried both 32 and 64 bt versions.

Remove the wave file.

Bending parts you build from pieces. Use hinges. Also look for the rework parts which is a separate download.

Edited by sirkut

Remove the wave file.

Bending parts you build from pieces. Use hinges. Also look for the rework parts which is a separate download.

I saw a lot of videos with this mod and I saw bending parts looking like knees (orange-white color). If I should build the question is "how". Also I don't see any rework parts link. Can you please give a link here. Or any description.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for noobing.

I saw a lot of videos with this mod and I saw bending parts looking like knees (orange-white color). If I should build the question is "how". Also I don't see any rework parts link. Can you please give a link here. Or any description.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for noobing.

Look at my original post and read the whole thing. It says "other parts supported by Infernal Robotics." You will see a line that says ZodiusInfusers Reworked parts. That's the link you want.

Hi guys, I have a bit of a problem with this mod.

I'm on 0.25. It's just that whenever I articulate a hinge/rotatron, it moves out of place to where I connected it to the part (And no, I did not connect the robotic part directly to a docking port, there is always a piece between the robotic part and the port) and it seems to sort of float or clip out of place. Here's some screenshots.

KSP_1.jpg

KSP_2.jpg

Looks like the issue is that you can't use IR to move docking ports at all, even with normal parts between the port and the IR parts. It used to be possible, some versions back. I built a Kethane mining rover for Mun to dock to a lander with 32K Kethane capacity.

Getting the ports to connect required getting the elevation and hinge angle of the arm right, backing up the rover then driving at it almost fast enough to knock the lander over. Didn't save enough fuel leaving the large drills off the lander to be worth the bother.

Now if there was a way to launch a KAS grapple and release it without needing a Kerbal on-site...

Did you really read that first post as good as you could have read it? :P Because they are there :)

Yep, I was aware of the link, have been for the last few versions, but you have to admit that the OP is a bit confusing. The new videos gave me the impression that the new parts were finally in, so I thought I'd ask to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong in the install or hitting an old link. I guess I'm still waiting on the whole "will replace the stock versions of IR parts eventually" thing? ;)

I still have a problem with 'base creep' with the 90 degree hinge. It's actually pretty significant. Just go into the VAB and mess around with moving it about, before long it goes completely off.

Edited by Frostiken

I still have a problem with 'base creep' with the 90 degree hinge. It's actually pretty significant. Just go into the VAB and mess around with moving it about, before long it goes completely off.

Protip: don't move it so much. Save and reload when testing.

Having this same issue, becoming a major pita and making use of them almost impossible. I also have it with the regular hinge as well. Not only that but also seen hinges completely stop working.

Protip: don't move it so much. Save and reload when testing.

Problem persists through saves. Only fix is to remove the hinge and place a new one.

Could someone explain me how piston work? Or maybe send me a link to a tutorial?

I Played with it for a bit but i dont think I understand it completely...

I managed to attach multiple segments to eachother and attach one end of that combined piston to a pod but how do you connect the other pod? do you have to radially attach it? (like I did in the picture..)

Also why is there a space between the piston and my pod?

This is how I got it working:

http://imgur.com/vGQGxET

Space Between Pod and piston:

http://imgur.com/HcfL9mO

EDIT:

When I reloaded my rocket to take some more pictures this happened... (I fixed it by going to the VAB and launching it again...)

http://imgur.com/WvDAK0S

Edited by 0phoff

Having this same issue, becoming a major pita and making use of them almost impossible. I also have it with the regular hinge as well. Not only that but also seen hinges completely stop working.

Problem persists through saves. Only fix is to remove the hinge and place a new one.

No. You do it this way.

1. Place hinge onto craft
  2. Save the craft
  3. Move hinge to test it
  4. Reload the saved craft
  5. add parts to hinge if you want
  6. Save the craft
  7. Move the hinge to test
  8. Reload the craft

If you do this the hinge will always be at '0'

I will get to fixing this eventually but this time of year I'm extremely busy.

Could someone explain me how piston work? Or maybe send me a link to a tutorial?

I Played with it for a bit but i dont think I understand it completely...

I managed to attach multiple segments to eachother and attach one end of that combined piston to a pod but how do you connect the other pod? do you have to radially attach it? (like I did in the picture..)

Also why is there a space between the piston and my pod?

This is how I got it working:

http://imgur.com/vGQGxET

Space Between Pod and piston:

http://imgur.com/HcfL9mO

EDIT:

When I reloaded my rocket to take some more pictures this happened... (I fixed it by going to the VAB and launching it again...)

http://imgur.com/WvDAK0S

The pistons have 2 attach nodes that are very close to each other. You do not do surface attachments like you are doing. They are supposed to be embedded.

The pistons have 2 attach nodes that are very close to each other. You do not do surface attachments like you are doing. They are supposed to be embedded.

Thanks, I think i figured it out! Theres still that visual bug though... (or at least I think its a bug)

R3HIjI5.jpg

Made a stupid little thing to test out IR stuff

Javascript is disabled. View full album

So I've encountered a suspected bug and am reasonably sure, after some further testing and help from another mod thread, that Infernal Robotics is responsible for it.

Simple explanation of the bug is that my point of focus on the craft moves back after some time and the aircraft does not like that and starts bobbing up and down at the nose.

Drop box link for the output log if that helps any: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zekkyj4ez...t_log.txt?dl=0

As well as an imgur link to an album to try and show what happened best I can using only screenshots. (not sure how to make it so the pictures show in post :( sorry)

https://imgur.com/a/o4CO9#0

Also sorry if this is the wrong place for this but was the first place I thought of for getting help.

Sounds like the center of mass is shifting backwards. The setupJoints - !gotOrigin message is normal for IR, and the NullReferenceExceptions at the end seem to start in stock code.

Can you reproduce it with just IR installed or without mods? Which version of IR are you using and which version & platform of KSP?

Sounds like the center of mass is shifting backwards. The setupJoints - !gotOrigin message is normal for IR, and the NullReferenceExceptions at the end seem to start in stock code.

Can you reproduce it with just IR installed or without mods? Which version of IR are you using and which version & platform of KSP?

From what I can tell it's the latest version of IR. I will test without other mods as well as stock but from as far as I could tell after simply removing the IR parts from the craft it performed fine.

UPDATE: Tried it with just IR and could not reproduce it, will try with just stock.

UPDATE: Tested stock still no result, new idea though will report back on results.

And nothing can't reproduce it.

Edited by King_komodo93