[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I'm in the process of trying to squeeze down the amount of memory KSP is using (too many mods :)) and was about to write that for the hinges (and docking washers probably) you can use one model & texture and and just define multiple parts with rescale factors, but turns out that's what you did for the rotatron already :)

I'm in the process of trying to squeeze down the amount of memory KSP is using (too many mods :)) and was about to write that for the hinges (and docking washers probably) you can use one model & texture and and just define multiple parts with rescale factors, but turns out that's what you did for the rotatron already :)

Yup. I'm going to redo the pack to utilize the same texture and model for the hinges. Once I get this plugin speed control working I will do that.

Yup. I'm going to redo the pack to utilize the same texture and model for the hinges. Once I get this plugin speed control working I will do that.

Regarding the speed control would it be possible to include buttons that when pressed cause the rotatrons to spin continuously at the speed you set, like the KAS options in Devo's video, the << and >> toggle buttons? I imagine it would be cool for spinning antenna arrays and other things.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

Hey Devo, that video made me think of the big swing rides at theme parks. Put a seat at the end of that thing instead of a clamp and have a bunch of them around the center pole. You can make the kerbal amusement park with this. Could make a carousel too. I'm gonna try some out later.

Regarding the speed control would it be possible to include buttons that when pressed cause the rotatrons to spin continuously at the speed you set, like the KAS options in Devo's video, the << and >> toggle buttons? I imagine it would be cool for spinning antenna arrays and other things.

At a later date I'll see.

could use the free moving dockign washer and apply some rotation rockets....instant o'neil cylinder.

Question about the planned pistons; is there going to be a piston which is bigger than the current adjustable rail?

Like with the hinges I plan on making a set of sizes. I can scale the piston to a larger size if you like _or_ allow you the user to do it. It's easy to do.

UPDATE: 0.7 of the plugin is almost done. I got the weird object translation resolved! Speed control will be back but improved. The custom number you enter will be a multiplier to the part's speed from the CFG file. That way parts keep their respective speeds even in groups! All you will be doing is multiplying that speed with your value. Want all Infernal Robotic parts to go twice as fast? Put a 2 in the text field. When it's finished I'll post the updated dll and source code and will resume skinning the piston and that will be done tonight.

Sirkut, can you make the attach nodes on the 1/4 powered hinge smaller? Currently they are so large they totally obscure the part making alignment difficult.

ojjbDTe.jpg

Yes. I certainly need to fix that. If you would like to utilize the change and not wait for the next update here's the fix:

Take the CFG of all three sizes and add an extra ", 0" and the end of the line.

For example the IR_HingeTall CFG would now have:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.254, 0.0 , 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.325, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

Yes. I certainly need to fix that. If you would like to utilize the change and not wait for the next update here's the fix:

Take the CFG of all three sizes and add an extra ", 0" and the end of the line.

For example the IR_HingeTall CFG would now have:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.254, 0.0 , 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.325, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

I checked the other 2 sizes and they were fine. It was just the 1/4 size that had this problem.

Well the plugin is done. The piston is finally done! I've never skinned a cylinder before and that was a process! I have to clean the code up just a little bit in the morning.

8AM EST I will provide links to download the parts pack+plugin and the source code.

I decided to make smaller sized adjustable rails.

l3t4xuuyugqxgw3fg.jpg?size_id=6

Nice pistons! :)

I managed to get BRUTuS' part count down from 106 to 58.

screenshot37_zps81fd4ad8.png

Anyone know how well a Gigantor solar panel work on the mun or Duna, does it break when you drive like on kerbin?

Edited by Albert VDS

I just installed this thing yesterday, And it somehow messed up Mechjeb, and Kethane for me. Mechjeb no more autostage, and kethane doesnt show grid overlay anymore. Day before yesterday it worked all vell, and i didnt instal any other mods yesterday. So can you take a look if This mod somehow collides with mechjeb or kethane?

I just installed this thing yesterday, And it somehow messed up Mechjeb, and Kethane for me. Mechjeb no more autostage, and kethane doesnt show grid overlay anymore. Day before yesterday it worked all vell, and i didnt instal any other mods yesterday. So can you take a look if This mod somehow collides with mechjeb or kethane?

Log file will help

I don't use the kethane pack so can't comment on that, but have no issues with mechjeb autostaging here + IR plugin.