[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

It was the control window, but now that I tried it again, it works. Oh, well. I'm looking forward to the update :)

That message is from using RemoteTech. It requires communication channel between any unmanned probe and Space Center. You can find more on that in the thread on RemoteTech.

Oh ya, totally right. Tried it with a manned crew and it totally worked. Thanks, silly me and my mod explosion.

How to get it back? Don't know, check the toolbar thread. That was something in the newest update that wasn't there when I integrated it originally.

The only way to hide show the window was to click the IR button on the toolbar. To move it you need to click the little button on the bottom right of the toolbar icon to open the menu.

That's what I did to unlock it and move it out in space. Dunno if it being firmly stuck in the middle of the screen everywhere else has something to do with being hidden in space.

Pardon me for not checking all 170 pages of this thread.... (search system is terrible) but I've been using IR in my Interstellar series and every time I dock and undock a spacecraft with IR parts the control mapping freezes. Is there something I need to do to avoid this (say, carefully naming parts)?

Pardon me for not checking all 170 pages of this thread.... (search system is terrible) but I've been using IR in my Interstellar series and every time I dock and undock a spacecraft with IR parts the control mapping freezes. Is there something I need to do to avoid this (say, carefully naming parts)?

This appears to be a problem with the mod. I just saw it happen in Scott Manley's latest video. Edit, oh, nevermind Scott... Didn't realise that was you.

This issue has been reported a few times before, and is one of many brought over from Damned Robotics. Sirkut has been looking into fixes, but may end up having to redo much of the plugin :(

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

It's a known bug that I haven't been able to tackle yet but the good news is I have a working rewrite of the plugin that has been updated to use the partmodule format. Just need some testing. I've been watching your series and know you aren't using .23 yet so i can compile a different version if you like when testing is done.

I am curious to know if anyone else is having a problem with dishes falling off craft? I built a ground based station to start to build my communications network and every time I loaded it or another craft the dishes were either gone or listed a debris. I just switched from sandbox to career mode and was rebuilding all my craft when this started. Also if it makes a difference I tried mounting the dishes to both stock parts and with robotics parts as well and it didnt seem to change anything, they were also 2 different dishes on the same craft.

I am curious to know if anyone else is having a problem with dishes falling off craft? I built a ground based station to start to build my communications network and every time I loaded it or another craft the dishes were either gone or listed a debris. I just switched from sandbox to career mode and was rebuilding all my craft when this started. Also if it makes a difference I tried mounting the dishes to both stock parts and with robotics parts as well and it didnt seem to change anything, they were also 2 different dishes on the same craft.

Are you also using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? Right now that has some issues with small parts breaking off when going back to a craft after reloading the game.

Edit: KJR 1.6 was just released, fixing more bugs and issues.

Edited by Galane

Not using that mod here is my mod list:

Docking Port Alignment

MechJeb

Kethane

Kerbal Attachment System

Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics

Procedural Fairings

Fusebox

Visual Enchancements

Remote Tech 2

Crew Manifest

The VTOL rotators need some attention. They're rather fugly looking. The stationary attachment part is too large. Holding the center button to return to the starting position doesn't return them all the way.

But even with all that I just did a test with a pair of them mounting a pair of Cirrus lift envelopes so they could be pivoted down for landing and to move the COM down for better RCS control.

Once landed I flipped them back up straight (manually adjusted since the automatic is off a bit), inflated the gas bags and lifted off. On top of that I mounted the rotators on the large radial decouplers so as I enabled MechJeb's ascent guidance I jettisoned the rotators and the gas bags to lose the weight. A rocket with a couple of big gas bags on top is not the most nimble of craft, especially not when there's still a bunch of atmo to get through.

What would be a very useful addition to rotating parts and hinges is a way to move them to a set of preset angles, and tweakables or some other way to set their rotation direction. Since I put these two on with symmetry they both rotated to the same side. That may cause my lander to fall over on Eve. If one could be adjusted to reverse rotation direction, that would balance the weight as they're turned.

I don't have control over spaceport since Devo uploaded it with his account.

Did you try asking the mods ? They have power on spaceport and could delete devo version so you could post yours.

Hi, I've been looking for answers but having trouble.

I've placed the "MagicSmokeIndustries" folder in my game data folder and I have all the parts int he game i just don't get the IR button on my tool bar....

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if anyone has the answer to why I have this problem.

Thanks

I've placed the "MagicSmokeIndustries" folder in my game data folder and I have all the parts int he game i just don't get the IR button on my tool bar....

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if anyone has the answer to why I have this problem.

Thanks

The IR button will appear when you are near or controlling a ship with IR parts or using IR parts in the VAB

This mod does not work for me.

I have zero other mods installed, and yet i cannot move the parts with any keys I select and I dont have the button in the toolbar.

What am i missing? Any dependencies? Is there a manual/instructions somewhere?

This mod does not work for me.

I have zero other mods installed, and yet i cannot move the parts with any keys I select and I dont have the button in the toolbar.

What am i missing? Any dependencies? Is there a manual/instructions somewhere?

If you're playing career mode you have to accumulate science points to unlock it in the tech tree. In sandbox, every part and function of everything should be available.

What version of KSP are you using? What version of infernal robotics are you using? You must download .11 in the first post. When unzipping you will also see a toolbar folder, unzip that with the other in your gamedata directory. If it isn't working then I may have to redo the install.

What version of KSP are you using? What version of infernal robotics are you using? You must download .11 in the first post. When unzipping you will also see a toolbar folder, unzip that with the other in your gamedata directory. If it isn't working then I may have to redo the install.

The same install was working for me when I installed it on 28/12, version 0.11, so the problem must be on his side.

Still, when can we expect new version with tweakables and whatnot ? Currently, there are some problems (described earlier in the thread), even though the mod works.

Thanks

I've been having the same issue and I do have the toolbar that came with IR. Seems the icon.png for it is missing or corrupt cuz I cant view it in windows viewer. That's located in /MagicSmokeIndustries/Textures