[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Having some trouble with the sounds on this one.

If I use keybindings in IR's GUI, most often there's no sound (except for using the P key, which oddly seems to toggle the sound on/off rapidly). If I use the buttons in the GUI panel to move a joint, the sound just keeps playing seemingly forever. Since I didn't see this called out previously (during an admittedly cursory search of the thread), I'm thinking it's probably a conflict with another mod, but I have no idea which one, and there are lots. :/

Anybody else experience it?

Tweakscale is the predecessor to Goodspeed's plugin. Delete THAT plugin but keep the parts.

It's still not working for me. Please explain exactly what plugin I need to keep and what I need to toss? I removed the entire Tweakscale folder from my GameData and there is no change. I'm still not seeing any size option for any MSI-parts.

It's still not working for me. Please explain exactly what plugin I need to keep and what I need to toss? I removed the entire Tweakscale folder from my GameData and there is no change. I'm still not seeing any size option for any MSI-parts.

Try this, delete the entire magic smoke directory. Reinstall 0.16.2 and leave EVERYTHING in place. Load game and let me know. Include an output_log if it doesnt work. Be sure to right click the part to get the tweak menu up to be able to resize.

Everyone else, there's still a bug with the mass that I'm trying to tackle.

- - - Updated - - -

Having some trouble with the sounds on this one.

If I use keybindings in IR's GUI, most often there's no sound (except for using the P key, which oddly seems to toggle the sound on/off rapidly). If I use the buttons in the GUI panel to move a joint, the sound just keeps playing seemingly forever. Since I didn't see this called out previously (during an admittedly cursory search of the thread), I'm thinking it's probably a conflict with another mod, but I have no idea which one, and there are lots. :/

Anybody else experience it?

This one is new to me. I do know that the sound doesn't work I believe when using action groups.

KSOS Mod Kit

http://i.imgur.com/ckPiuZw.jpg

There you go!

Parts made for the standard cargo bay, will easily fit the KSO Super 25 (2.5m x 5m). However, you'll have to offset the transform of the robotic arm so that it is centerline with the cargo bay. To do this more easily, use the included Satellite Guide since it has the proper centerline location used for the KSO, KSO S25, and all other parts.

Man, these are awesome. I'm already thinking of something that may be a possibility. Hopefully my skills will pan out.

Try this, delete the entire magic smoke directory. Reinstall 0.16.2 and leave EVERYTHING in place. Load game and let me know. Include an output_log if it doesnt work. Be sure to right click the part to get the tweak menu up to be able to resize.

Everyone else, there's still a bug with the mass that I'm trying to tackle.

Erased MSI, reinstalled 0.16.2

Removed Tweakscale from GameData folder.

Updated Toolbar to 1.7.2

Newest version of Goodspeed parts.. in separate directory.

Newest module manager 2.1.5

Ran game. Nope

HNc28VH.png

Game didn't crash so there is no output log for me to find. Or is there?

What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Erased MSI, reinstalled 0.16.2

Removed Tweakscale from GameData folder.

Updated Toolbar to 1.7.2

Newest version of Goodspeed parts.. in separate directory.

Newest module manager 2.1.5

Ran game. Nope

http://i.imgur.com/HNc28VH.png

Game didn't crash so there is no output log for me to find. Or is there?

What could I possibly be doing wrong?

I had to install IR as advertised, new Toolbar update, and then delete the tweakscale dll from Goodspeed. Not at my computer now so I can't recall exactly what it was called. Worked perfectly though... Now both mods have tweak able scale.

I think part of the confusion is stemming from this:

Tweakscale is the predecessor to Goodspeed's plugin. Delete THAT plugin but keep the parts.

TweakScale is the successor to Goodspeed Scale, so for IR to work, you need to delete the Goodspeed plugin. I don't use Goodspeed parts, but I believe they work with TweakScale now.

There is always a log file describing what's happening with KSP. You can find it's location and other important information to include when reporting bugs here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24543-NEED-SUPPORT-Read-this-before-posting-No-modded-installs

Edited by Master Tao
typo

I think part of the confusion is stemming from this:

TweakScale is the successor to Goodspeed Scale, so for IR to work, you need to delete the Goodspeed plugin. I don't use Goodspeed parts, but I believe they work with TweakScale now.

There is always a log file describing what's happening with KSP. You can find it's location and other important information to include when reporting bugs here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24543-NEED-SUPPORT-Read-this-before-posting-No-modded-installs

Yup. That's exactly what it was. That one incorrect statement sent me down the wrong path. Things work now.

Yup. That's exactly what it was. That one incorrect statement sent me down the wrong path. Things work now.

My bad, i was not thinking clearly and was being rushed.

I have this folding rover that I REALLY like. It broke with the vers. 0.16.0 (as previously mentioned by sirkut). What parts do I need to manually edit in it and with which new part name? I'll do the work, I just need guidance. I use TweakScale as well. thanks

Folding Rover .CRAFT File

Edited by Apollo13

Hey mate, I have found something odd... In the 0.16 release I don't get those wobbles, in the 0.16D on any craft, they are back again and I can't get rid of them.

Quick question - there's a scale.dll in the MSI folder, and scale.dll in TweakScale. Which one am I meant to keep / which is the newest or whatever? Having both causes unfortunate sadness with tweakscaled parts placed in symmetry.

What problem would that be? No you can't remove it, I have a reference to scale.dll for the IR_Scale.dll.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mate, I have found something odd... In the 0.16 release I don't get those wobbles, in the 0.16D on any craft, they are back again and I can't get rid of them.

0.16? 0.16D? There is no 0.16D. Only 0.16, 0.16.1, 0.16.2

What problem would that be? No you can't remove it, I have a reference to scale.dll for the IR_Scale.dll.

Hmmm... Problem is the following. You should be able to replicate it (well, maybe):

- On loading in the vab, previously tweakscaled parts placed in symmetry (doesn't seem to happen with non-symmetrical parts) have a huge amount more mass than they ought to.

- Can make something similar happen too by placing a part in symmetry in the VAB, then scaling it, then simply removing it from the ship and re-placing it right back where it was. Only happens on parts that have been scaled. Upon re-placing the part, it gains mass. Sometimes it gained mass every time I picked up the part off the ship and put it back on, and seemed exponential - ultimately up to millions of tons for something like a landing leg.

- Not just a problem with mass readout from MechJeb: crafts that got saved/reloaded, or where parts were picked up and re-placed in symmetry, really did weigh hundreds of thousands of tons and couldn't take off.

I deleted the scale.dll from the MSI folder just to see if that was the problem, and parts now can scale in the VAB and do have the correct masses when picked up / re-attached... will having only the scale.dll from TweakScale cause problems because of referring to MSI's copy, then? I mean to say that I don't know how references in DLLs work - is it just necessary for there to be one scale.dll somewhere in gamedata, or does it have to be a copy at a specific location or something like that?

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Hmmm... Problem is the following. You should be able to replicate it (well, maybe):

- On loading in the vab, previously tweakscaled parts placed in symmetry (doesn't seem to happen with non-symmetrical parts) have a huge amount more mass than they ought to.

- Can make something similar happen too by placing a part in symmetry in the VAB, then scaling it, then simply removing it from the ship and re-placing it right back where it was. Only happens on parts that have been scaled. Upon re-placing the part, it gains mass. Sometimes it gained mass every time I picked up the part off the ship and put it back on, and seemed exponential - ultimately up to millions of tons for something like a landing leg.

- Not just a problem with mass readout from MechJeb: crafts that got saved/reloaded, or where parts were picked up and re-placed in symmetry, really did weigh hundreds of thousands of tons and couldn't take off.

I deleted the scale.dll from the MSI folder just to see if that was the problem, and parts now can scale in the VAB and do have the correct masses when picked up / re-attached... will having only the scale.dll from TweakScale cause problems because of referring to MSI's copy, then? I mean to say that I don't know how references in DLLs work - is it just necessary for there to be one scale.dll somewhere in gamedata, or does it have to be a copy at a specific location or something like that?

Actually let me test this, this may be a problem I'm running into with something else.

Deleting the scale.dll is fine. Remove it BUT I will stress that the masses are still not scaling properly for what I'm expecting. What are you using to determine what the masses are for the scaled parts?

Deleting the scale.dll is fine. Remove it BUT I will stress that the masses are still not scaling properly for what I'm expecting. What are you using to determine what the masses are for the scaled parts?

Huh... I'll go look at this again too. I was using MechJeb to judge mass. I deleted the scale.dll from MSI (16.2) and not TweakScale (1.20). Here's how I'm testing this:

- VAB: place whatever part, put mechjeb box on it

- Stick Squad rockomax 55 radial engine in symmetry

- Scale up radial engine, check mass readout (should be normal/proportional until you pick up the part and re-place it)

- Pick up radial engine, put back on whatever part it was on - new mass higher than previous

Seems to work OK (no magic mass) when the MSI scale.dll is removed... both when picking up / re-placing and when saving/loading.

Huh... I'll go look at this again too. I was using MechJeb to judge mass. I deleted the scale.dll from MSI and not TweakScale. Here's how I'm testing this:

- VAB: place whatever part, put mechjeb box on it

- Stick Squad rockomax 55 radial engine in symmetry

- Scale up radial engine, check mass readout (should be normal until you pick up the part and re-place it)

- Pick up radial engine, put back on whatever part it was on - new mass higher than previous

Seems to work OK (no magic mass) when the MSI scale.dll is removed... both when picking up / re-placing and when saving/loading.

Thing is, when removing the Scale.dll from the MSI folder, you are going to lose your translations for the adjustable rail. Resize it to small then move the part, you will see it travel past it's limits. This is why the Scale.dll is needed in that directory. Rotational devices will function fine it's just pistons and adjustable rails will probably not behave well.

Thing is, when removing the Scale.dll from the MSI folder, you are going to lose your translations for the adjustable rail. Resize it to small then move the part, you will see it travel past it's limits. This is why the Scale.dll is needed in that directory. Rotational devices will function fine it's just pistons and adjustable rails will probably not behave well.

Well poop. Is there any way to just have one? Or does the IR scale.dll do things the TweakScale doesn't?

Well poop. Is there any way to just have one? Or does the IR scale.dll do things the TweakScale doesn't?

They are fine where they are. did you notice that KSPAPIExtensions.dll are also in both places?

Yeah, but for the moment, since the scale.dll copies seem to conflict somehow (I guess?), was just fishing for an easy fix that didn't remove functionality =(

Take the IR_TweakScale.dll and the InfernalRobotics.dll and place them in the tweakscale directory. Delete the KSPAPIExtensions and Scale.dll that is present in the MSI plugin folder. try that.

Now that being said do this test.

Place a robotic part(do an adjustable rail) and note the weight. Go to the launchpad then let me know if the weight is NOT the same.

Take the IR_TweakScale.dll and the InfernalRobotics.dll and place them in the tweakscale directory. Delete the KSPAPIExtensions and Scale.dll that is present in the MSI plugin folder. try that.

Now that being said do this test.

Place a robotic part(do an adjustable rail) and note the weight. Go to the launchpad then let me know if the weight is NOT the same.

Welp... looks like there's funny business with the mass still, when scaled. :( Both when going to launchpad and in VAB.

EDIT: And apparently you spawn in orbit and/or coming back to the VAB makes symmetrical robotic parts disappear and other strange things.