[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I had a question about tweakscale - I was wondering why many parts contain individual tweakscaleexponents definitions for mass, maxtranslate, whatever. All of these relationships seem linear: doubling size doubles mass, or doubles maxTranslate or whatever, like in the right angle extendatron part:

Why not just define mass = 1 in TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS as an actual exponent, which would then double the mass of the part when you double its size, of halve when you halve? This is how it's done normally for non-IR-related tweakscale, if I've understood things right. This would avoid the problem of having to edit every part in order to make new and ludicrously large tweakscaled robotic stuff, wouldn't it? Or is there something that doesn't work right if you apply an exponent rather than individual values per defined scale?

When I used it at the time they masses were not scaling properly. If a part was 1/2 the size the mass wouldn't equal 1/2 it was some odd number so I went this way.

When I used it at the time they masses were not scaling properly. If a part was 1/2 the size the mass wouldn't equal 1/2 it was some odd number so I went this way.

Reason I ask is because I was hoping to scale the parts up bigger without rewriting too much stuff. I'll try rewriting the TS stuff in the cfgs and see what happens.

I have an idea, but I can't think of a module to do it. Use MM to add a module to the part that allows a toggle and draw of resources. Then you can include that toggle with the action group for moving the part, so that resources are drained when you toggle the part in motion and stop when you toggle it off. This would mean you can't use the IR interface if you always want consumption but with something like Action Groups Extended there's plenty of action groups for all your moving parts.

So, is there such a module we could co-opt for such a purpose?

No need for another module, it can be done in the IR module itself.

I hacked something together and sent sirkut a pull request, hopefully he can use some of it and we'll get EC consumption in the future :)

By all means give it a try. My main goal is to finish the VAB/SPH movement task. Everything right now is on hold until I get this done. I'll gladly take any pull request.

Not to be pushy or anything, but how's the VAB/SPH movement coming along?

Hey, I've been adding some larger sizes to IR parts for use in large constructions, however I've run into an issue where the enlarged parts collide and can't move (they make very small, skewed movements) when attached radially or stacked on a part with a large node size.

The enlarged parts DO work fine when stacked on a part with a smaller node size.

I'm not looking for a fix, I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas where I should start looking in the code so I can tweak my build.

Edit: Here is an example of the skewing:

w9x9Kp1.png

Yet when using a tiny part radially attached to the center girder, with the IR part attached to the stack node on the tiny part:

QyNCh6Q.png

Edited by frencrs

I'm having issues getting the IR icon to show up in flight mode. I've gone through the last 10 pages looking for something, but I can't figure out how to get the servo control screen that I see in screenshots and youtube videos to show up. Is there something I need to configure in the VAB to use the servo control in flight? Or is there something I need to enable in settings?

Just a little confused,

-Vic

Not to be pushy or anything, but how's the VAB/SPH movement coming along?

It's going and I have a close to finished version to send to a few people to test. I just have to fix two more models due to the collision mesh & rotations in import.

Hi sirkut, i just installed the mod and i love it !

I'm already working on a rover project with your mod. However i'm encountering some problems,

1. Is there any way to put the piston/hydraulic at its extented position when building ?

2. I can't resize the parts, Tweakscale installed

That's all, would glad to receive a reply !

Thank you in advance !

No need for another module, it can be done in the IR module itself.

I hacked something together and sent sirkut a pull request, hopefully he can use some of it and we'll get EC consumption in the future :)

awesome, but I suggested this method as a possibility of having power consumption now rather than have to wait on (or pressure) Sirkut to do it in the mod itself.

Hi,

my game crashes at startup while loading some (mostly random) files of this mod and I can't find any solution in the forums or in the net. I've attached a list of the used mods an the crash logs. I'd be very grateful for some help.

Thx!

Mods:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140901/2o4xi3ac.png

Logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GyaquZSK3vSHdjLWw0X052b2s/edit?usp=sharing

awesome, but I suggested this method as a possibility of having power consumption now rather than have to wait on (or pressure) Sirkut to do it in the mod itself.

Marce means he's gone and done it and sent the code to sirkut :P The next update is shaping up to be extremely exciting!!

Hi sirkut, i just installed the mod and i love it !

I'm already working on a rover project with your mod. However i'm encountering some problems,

1. Is there any way to put the piston/hydraulic at its extented position when building ?

2. I can't resize the parts, Tweakscale installed

That's all, would glad to receive a reply !

Thank you in advance !

Only thin I can answer right now is if you would read a few pages worth I explain that I am working on the next update that will allow moving the parts while building your crafts.

Are you going to move to stock toolbar with this new version? I prefer using it to having this thing float around my screen.

I'm not going to move to it but I will make you have the option. I have a pull request for The stock toolbar that I will implement in the next release.

bouncy_cupcake, Friedrich Nietzsche,

Please follow the guidelines in the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum. There's really not enough information to provide good support for either of you.

Friedrich Nietzsche,

Best guess is that your issues are caused by 64-bit KSP for Windows. It's just unstable right now and apparently is still memory limited. The real problem with 64-bit KSP is that it doesn't show what's causing the issue. ;.;

Only thin I can answer right now is if you would read a few pages worth I explain that I am working on the next update that will allow moving the parts while building your crafts.
bouncy_cupcake, Friedrich Nietzsche,

Please follow the guidelines in the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum. There's really not enough information to provide good support for either of you.

Friedrich Nietzsche,

Best guess is that your issues are caused by 64-bit KSP for Windows. It's just unstable right now and apparently is still memory limited. The real problem with 64-bit KSP is that it doesn't show what's causing the issue. ;.;

Thank you very much for the replies, i'm sorry for the bad questions it's just i'm new! I will be more informative next time and will try to look into the problems harder.

I'm confused as to whether TweakScale is required. The notice in HUGE letters on the first post, "YOU MUST INSTALL TWEAKSCALE SEPARATELY" implies that TweakScale is required. .. I'm not particularly interested in having TweakScale installed, but very interested in having Infernal Robotics installed. Of course, if I must install TweakScale to get this, I will .. then I can just ignore it for other parts LOL

Thanks.

If you want more than one size of each Infernal Robotics part, you must install TweakScale. You can remove the TS config files for all the non-IR parts if you don't want to alter their sizes.

The part I use TS on the most is the separatron. Scaled up 200% it works much better, with fewer of them, to kick away the big Kerbodyne parts.

I got a question, any way ,cfg etc to get my crane to not move when I pick stuff up, also I need to figure out why my crane winch at the tip of the boom isn`t following the boom extended boom parts[cfg]??

using some of your stuff, works great, ty, just need t ofix up the boom animation some day, not that great with animation, it got a single extend on it, as it would be easier to control the boom, as with the piston.

here is the model, took a long time to make it

08F7A3649568FFA9EFDD8C0E14A8329789F31B95

I got a question, any way ,cfg etc to get my crane to not move when I pick stuff up, also I need to figure out why my crane winch at the tip of the boom isn`t following the boom extended boom parts[cfg]??

using some of your stuff, works great, ty, just need t ofix up the boom animation some day, not that great with animation, it got a single extend on it, as it would be easier to control the boom, as with the piston.

here is the model, took a long time to make it

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/31844519182041816/08F7A3649568FFA9EFDD8C0E14A8329789F31B95/

I would have to see the parts and cfg.

I will pack it up tomorrow and send it to u to check it out. no idear how to fix it better. tried your tut on the animated stuff, not working with 3dmax.

No problem. I'll see what I can do to get it working for you.

Out of curiosity, how close are we to officially using the reworked parts?

Well, since none of them are textured yet and there are parts such as gantries missing from the selection, its going to be a long while before the Model Rework becomes official. That being said, there is nothing stopping you from using the rework parts now.