[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NubNibble said:

The H does not show up in game for me and alt-h isnt working ):

1st, please make sure you have the proper version of KSP and HyperEdit.
2nd, try reinstalling and make sure you have followed the instructions - unzip in same folder as KSP.exe.

20 minutes ago, rednovatuga said:

Hi im having the same issues as NubNibble where the H doesnt show up, and the alt+h isnt working aswell. Ive tried (correctly) reinstalling the mod several times, aswell as verifying the game cache, and it still isnt working.

Welcome to the forum.

The most likely cause is that you're using the wrong version.  The latest version of HyperEdit is made to work with the pre-release KSP 1.2.

3 hours ago, Ayylmeon said:

Could you make a video on how to install it with 7-zip please?

For Windows:

Double-click on the Hyperedit .zip file, that will open up the 7-zip window.

Double-click on the Gamedata folder, that will reveal the Kerbaltek folder.

Copy the Kerbaltek folder to (Your KSP folder name)/Gamedata, you can either just drag it over or use the copy-paste functions.

That's it. :)

4 hours ago, Ayylmeon said:

Could you make a video on how to install it with 7-zip please?

A video seems like overkill for such a simple thing.  And sorry, I don't do videos.  :sealed:

24 minutes ago, Laguna said:

For Windows:

Double-click on the Hyperedit .zip file, that will open up the 7-zip window.

Double-click on the Gamedata folder, that will reveal the Kerbaltek folder.

Copy the Kerbaltek folder to (Your KSP folder name)/Gamedata, you can either just drag it over or use the copy-paste functions.

That's it. :)

Windows users don't even need 7-zip or any other tool.  Just double click the .zip file to open it like a folder, then copy GameData to your game's root folder (the one w/ KSP.exe).

I have tried reinstalling the mod multiple times and I have triple checked to see if I installed the mod properly. The game runs fine and it seems that the mod did not activate though. I cannot get the window to open with Alt + H and I do not see a H in the top right of the flight screen. Yes I am on the pre-release and I have verified the integrity of my game cache.

Snapshot of my game data folder: https://gyazo.com/b17da04b3b7a62553cd259ba60cabc2e

1 hour ago, Captain_Chipz said:

I have tried reinstalling the mod multiple times and I have triple checked to see if I installed the mod properly. The game runs fine and it seems that the mod did not activate though. I cannot get the window to open with Alt + H and I do not see a H in the top right of the flight screen. Yes I am on the pre-release and I have verified the integrity of my game cache.

Snapshot of my game data folder: https://gyazo.com/b17da04b3b7a62553cd259ba60cabc2e

First, try it without any other mods (including Mod Manager).

If that's no help, re-download the most recent HyperEdit.

Beyond that, I'd try re-downloading and reinstalling KSP as well as HyperEdit, and then posting a link to your log file.

36 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

Hi and thanks for the mod, could you tell me what i need to do to show issues to you, ive used hyper edit maybe 5 times for teleporting and its crashed 3 of them, the game was solid before, not a single 

Not a single what? Not a single sandwich? Not a single lady? Not a...

Oh no.

Oh no! Nooooo! It got him. The Kraken got him. It escaped out of the program and the computer and NaN'd him out of existence!

(Credit to HomeStar Runner, Strongbad, and Trevor the Vampire)

7 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Hi and thanks for the mod, could you tell me what i need to do to show issues to you, ive used hyper edit maybe 5 times for teleporting and its crashed 3 of them, the game was solid before, not a single 

You're in the right place.  But we'll need more details about what you're experiencing.

9 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Not a single what? Not a single sandwich? Not a single lady? Not a...

Oh no.

Oh no! Nooooo! It got him. The Kraken got him. It escaped out of the program and the computer and NaN'd him out of existence!

(Credit to HomeStar Runner, Strongbad, and Trevor the Vampire)

yep the 'kraken' or as i call her, the wife did get me :P

2 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

You're in the right place.  But we'll need more details about what you're experiencing.

just getting crashes occasionally on moving a ship with hyper edit, i have the crash logs folders, but i have no clue what to do with them (KSP  newbie)

5 minutes ago, matthomas7 said:

For those struggling to get it to work for KSP 1.2, check with your AV program if you have one. My system runs Norton and it flags the .dll and removed it. I had to go in and "reinstate" it.

This is why you don't let AV programs automatically delete files.

10 minutes ago, matthomas7 said:

For those struggling to get it to work for KSP 1.2, check with your AV program if you have one. My system runs Norton and it flags the .dll and removed it. I had to go in and "reinstate" it.

That doesn't sound right at all.  As far as I know, there is no reason why HyperEdit.dll should be detected as any sort of malware.

I do not recommend that you "reinstate" it or otherwise tell your Anti-Virus software to leave it be - I'd let your AV do its job and kill it.  I do recommend you do a full system scan and then re-download and install HyperEdit.

10 minutes ago, matthomas7 said:

if you have one

Are you insane?  If there is anyone out there that isn't running Anti-Virus software, they should set fire to their PC and move into the woods.

4 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

This is why you don't let AV programs automatically delete files.

Um... no.  The only time one should prevent such action, is if one is certain that it's a false positive.  This is not such a case.

There are malware out there that can infect any .dll or .exe file, and if the system had such a beasty, then every such file would need to be cleaned - (EDIT) or deleted.

Edited by Ezriilc

3 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Um... no.  The only time one should prevent such action, is if one is certain that it's a false positive.  This is not such a case.

There are malware out there that can infect any .dll or .exe file, and if the system had such a beasty, then every such file would need to be cleaned.

Um... yes.  Because a proper AV program will tell you a) what the file is, and b) what it thinks it's infected with.  Then you do the research or run a second AV scanner yourself and make a judgement call - especially since Norton is prone to deciding a file is bad and deleting it not because it found anything wrong with the file, but because it's a file that not many people use and Norton defaults to mistrusting files not in it's database and not in widespread use.  I have to deal with this every time I upgrade KSP - preventing Norton from deleting perfectly good files.

2 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

Um... yes.  Because a proper AV program will tell you a) what the file is, and b) what it thinks it's infected with.  Then you do the research or run a second AV scanner yourself and make a judgement call - especially since Norton is prone to deciding a file is bad and deleting it not because it found anything wrong with the file, but because it's a file that not many people use and Norton defaults to mistrusting files not in it's database and not in widespread use.  I have to deal with this every time I upgrade KSP - preventing Norton from deleting perfectly good files.

I would say that the problem lies with using Norton.  Beyond that, what you say is correct - it's just that many folks are not that savvy.

According to Norton the rest of my system is clean, and while Norton did not flag the previous version, I'm not convinced this one is malicious.

I've already re-downloaded it, and confirmed the website. So unless the official source install is now corrupted, which I'd imagine someone else here would have flagged, or everyone but me is in on it, then Norton is just confused. 

Edited by matthomas7
Changed a word

Doesnt work here either.
That latest version probaply works ONLY for the current beta version of KSP
And not on the current public release 
(note that download page advices to download latest as if it would work on all sub versions ).

Edited by PGTART

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.