Exploration Begins at Home

earthlight

Nice! Those kerbals ought to learn about their home before they fly off into space.

Is that based on any particular spot on Kerbin?

Yes, I based it roughly on an actual location in game. I can't provide coordinates because I didn't write them down, but it's somewhere north of KSC.

This looks pretty cool! The only criticism I have is that the winglets attached to the engines seem to be a bit displaced. The one on the left is attached to the tank/intake while the one on the right appears to be attached to the wing below it. Loved the attention to detail on the landscape.

This looks pretty cool! The only criticism I have is that the winglets attached to the engines seem to be a bit displaced. The one on the left is attached to the tank/intake while the one on the right appears to be attached to the wing below it. Loved the attention to detail on the landscape.

As with all the drawings, I did my best and don't claim perfect accuracy in all things. I did use a lot of image references from the game but I admit the perspective on the jets took a while.

When it gets me down, I just remember that the girl from the GTA4 poster had 6 fingers.

I'm really impressed. Very good work. How did you create it (oils, computer paint program, etc.)? Also, do you have a website or online gallery of your work? - Thanks

I'm really impressed. Very good work. How did you create it (oils, computer paint program, etc.)? Also, do you have a website or online gallery of your work? - Thanks

The KSP-related drawings I've done so far have been done from start to finish in photoshop. In the past I've spent some time with demos of more specialized programs like ArtRage and Painter, but I always end up coming back to photoshop because I'm familiar with it.

I really love this picture, Kerbin is my favourite planet and to see it like this is great.

Kerbin can be really beautiful in it's own right, it's a wonder people are always in such a hurry to leave.

On an unrelated note, here's a quick sketch from this morning that I don't really have a use for:

Jqra2KQ.jpg

Kerbin can be really beautiful in it's own right, it's a wonder people are always in such a hurry to leave.

On an unrelated note, here's a quick sketch from this morning that I don't really have a use for:

Jqra2KQ.jpg

haha that's great. :) i especially like the sleeping Kerbal being looked at angrily by his colleague, everyone else is excited and agitated, i think he may well be the ballast...er i mean pilot. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.