[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

Ok I have some problem with this version :

1- it's not available in career mod by default.

2- career mod or sand mod, in both when you weld parts, all your parts are being unloaded ! in both cases you need to relaunch the game, in career mod, you lose every research so you need to go and again search and gain parts one by one (nodes are green but parts are another story) :(

3- when you weld parts, on some mods the parts are being welded in random rotation angles

4- when welded, it's hard to connect it to new ships by nodes and sometimes they don't recognize nodes even when they show it :(

so please if you can, take a look yourself and release a stable version that work both in career and sandbox modes.

cheers

well not sure if this mod is dead or not, anyways I'm using it in .22 or trying iv welded one part and it worked. Now when i try welding it tells me my part was delivered, but when i go look for it its not there. iv reload the game but no luck, it is in the mod folder and thats it. iv tried redown loading the mod from sp and an .dll i found on the forum but no luck..

i hope some one will get this mod up and running its a big help..

thanks

well not sure if this mod is dead or not, anyways I'm using it in .22 or trying iv welded one part and it worked. Now when i try welding it tells me my part was delivered, but when i go look for it its not there. iv reload the game but no luck, it is in the mod folder and thats it. iv tried redown loading the mod from sp and an .dll i found on the forum but no luck..

i hope some one will get this mod up and running its a big help..

thanks

It should work for .22 just fine. You just don't need to use the .dll mentioned above. The new .dll is for 0.23

It should work for .22 just fine. You just don't need to use the .dll mentioned above. The new .dll is for 0.23

had to try , even with a new d/l it is still not working if i do get my new part to show up in the game its all buggy i.e. its been pulled apart. for the most part none of the pcs i make show up in the game. my new parts are only 2-10 pcs so there very small.

is there some thing i need/should do to the .cfg file??

had to try , even with a new d/l it is still not working if i do get my new part to show up in the game its all buggy i.e. its been pulled apart. for the most part none of the pcs i make show up in the game. my new parts are only 2-10 pcs so there very small.

is there some thing i need/should do to the .cfg file??

If you didn't edit it the .cfg before, I don't think there's need to touch it.

For me the new parts do appear but some are also all torn apart. The mod doesn't seem to like trusses nor struts, which is quite a shame for the purpose of the mod itself. Until it's updated I can't give any use to this mod for the time being...

Be warned that some mod parts might be incompatible with this. If you're running mods and using such parts, try welding only simple stock parts and see if they work.

If you didn't edit it the .cfg before, I don't think there's need to touch it.

For me the new parts do appear but some are also all torn apart. The mod doesn't seem to like trusses nor struts, which is quite a shame for the purpose of the mod itself. Until it's updated I can't give any use to this mod for the time being...

Be warned that some mod parts might be incompatible with this. If you're running mods and using such parts, try welding only simple stock parts and see if they work.

Thanks

it would be nice if this mod gets updated. it is useful and i am trying to put only stock parts together as i don't like using non stock parts if i can help it,iv found them to be a bit buggy at times,i do have a few favourite mods only cause Squad i figure i can all ways edit the part if i need to.

but as you build theres all ways a part you can't put together do to KSP in how it lets us build.

its sad that this mod is not be worked on i found it very useful in .22 when you have a build that lags you to death with 1500 parts and can get that down to half helps..

Thanks

its sad that this mod is not be worked on i found it very useful in .22 when you have a build that lags you to death with 1500 parts and can get that down to half helps..

Same. It is specially important for very big welded parts that the root part is remembered. Unfortunately it isn't.

Well this mod is saving me a part-count headacke :D

Is there any way to create an item with multiple docking clamps ?

I am only able to use a single one.

I found this out when I launched and tried to dock a module with 7 of them on it and the only one that worked was connected to my drone core :/

I found this out when I launched and tried to dock a module with 7 of them on it and the only one that worked was connected to my drone core :/

sorry I'm no help as iv had problem after problem, iv put this on the back burner. and I'm not modder so i can't even try fixing it.

The only way I know to do this is to attach the docking clamp after welding. A welded part can only operate one of a thing; one engine, one clamp, one leg, one wheel, etc. In the image below, I attached four senior clamps this way.

Station_Disk_nodes.gif

The clamps are attached to hitchhiker modules, which in turn are attached to nodes around the perimeter. I've no idea why the hitchhikers are flapping up and down like that. But, sadly, I suspect it's because the part is just way too big.

When I attached engines to those docking clamps, they drooped down to the ground. Once a small amount of thrust was activated, all four engines slapped together overhead. Can anyone help fix this? Or do i need to build the thing in smaller chunks?

Thanks for the reply.

When I create a welded part with a single docking node on it, it works fine.

It even works when I attach things to the other ones if I welded them on too to put things on them in the VAB, but once those decouble it becomes worthless.

The only way I know to do this is to attach the docking clamp after welding. A welded part can only operate one of a thing; one engine, one clamp, one leg, one wheel, etc. In the image below, I attached four senior clamps this way.

The clamps are attached to hitchhiker modules, which in turn are attached to nodes around the perimeter. I've no idea why the hitchhikers are flapping up and down like that. But, sadly, I suspect it's because the part is just way too big.

When I attached engines to those docking clamps, they drooped down to the ground. Once a small amount of thrust was activated, all four engines slapped together overhead. Can anyone help fix this? Or do i need to build the thing in smaller chunks?

You may want to increase the mass, breakingForce and breakingTorque. KSP does not play well with really big parts.

yeah but that is just a cludge it's not a proper working version. My question was is the author working on a 0.23 version or is development of this mod done?

yeah but that is just a cludge it's not a proper working version. My question was is the author working on a 0.23 version or is development of this mod done?

Same question here, I'm unable to make it work even with the fixed DLL the mod does not work for me.

Haven't seen any news from UbioZur so took another stab at getting part welding to work. Rather than building part.cfg files and reloading the part database I intent to have a single dynamic part with properties that define all the sub-parts. This should speed up loading since KSP doesn't need to load each individual welded part, they are only defined in the vessel itself.

So far I've been successful in cloning one part onto another part. Cloning multiple parts into the same part shouldn't be terribly difficult since Unity has built-in facilities for merging multiple meshes into a single mesh using sub-meshes (each with their own material). Below you can see two cloned parts, I cloned the appearance of one of the fuel tanks (note: I did not clone the colliders or attachment nodes so it is still using the originals).

aj8xEFG.png

I'm not really a designer though so Interface-wise it is a bit problematic as you won't see any welded parts in your parts list. I was hoping to be able to add another tab/panel to the VAB similar to the one used for sub assemblies. Does anyone know how to do that? From what I can tell the editor's part panels seem hardcoded:(

Edited by xtremeqg

...Rather than building part.cfg files and reloading the part database I intent to have a single dynamic part with properties that define all the sub-parts. This should speed up loading since KSP doesn't need to load each individual welded part, they are only defined in the vessel itself...
Hey, that's a good idea. I've noticed really large welds take forever to process, load, and even just to move around in the editor. So doing it this way might be much more efficient.

i wish you the best with your idea, extremeqg. your efforts may save this mod if ubiozur has dissapeared for good. i doubt that but your efforts are extremely useful for all of us.

i dont think you need to worry about an in game interface. to me, the desirability of its function outways the casual barrier of editing text files or typing command prompts.

I just spent a day pulling my hair out trying to work out why I could not get a part I had made to attach to my ship.

I think we all know the bug by now. You place the parts but they remain greyed out:

DRl3Jwx.png?1

I discovered that although the top node would not work, the nodes at the ends of the struts would:

4NiPPM3.png?1

Hummm says I. Why would the sides work but none of the others...

Cue about 4 or so hours of me making more welded parts and playing with the files trying to figure it out.

Eventually I have worked out how to get the node I want to use to work:

cOH1KYk.png?1

If we look at the files I can kinda explain what is going on... (I'll paste only the relevant sections here, the actual files ill attach to this post if I can seems I can't so I have pasted one file at the bottom which you can paste the node_stack parts into to test if you so wish.)

Test1:

node_stack_backstationHub0 = 0,0.6122528,0.9372894,0,0,-1,1
node_stack_topstationHub0 = 0,1.524406,0.02513594,0,-1,0,1
node_stack_bottomMk1FuselageStructural2 = 0,-4.0749,0.02513594,0,-1,0,1
node_stack_toptrussPiece3x4 = -4.922832,0.6122526,0.02513594,-1,0,0,1
node_stack_toptrussPiece3x6 = 4.922832,0.6122526,0.02513594,1,0,0,1

Test2:

node_stack_right01 = 4.922832, 0.6122526, 0.02513594, -1, 0, 0, 1
node_stack_left01 = -4.922832, 0.6122526, 0.02513594, 1, 0, 0, 1
node_stack_top01 = 0, 1.524406, 0.02513594, 0, -1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom01 = 0, -4.0749, 0.02513594, 0, 1, 0, 1
node_stack_back01 = 0, 0.6122528, 0.9372894, 0, 0, -1, 1

Test3:

Basically what we have here are 3 identical welded parts. Yes the names are a bit different but please ignore that as I have discovered it really does not matter what they are called.

The important part is the node on the bottom of the list.

Test1 will only attach via the struts:

4NiPPM3.png?1

Test2 will only attach via the back node on the hub:

NYdMbCr.png?1

Test3 will only attach via the top and bottom nodes:

cOH1KYk.png?1

I think you can see where this is going; the node one the bottom will always work but the others will not. I do not know why this is working like this but it does.

Whilst I said the others will not work, there are exceptions. Test1 will attach via either strut and Test3 will attach via the bottom or top. The only thing I can see is that they share the same plane?

The remaining nodes work just fine once the part is attached so using this method means you can have as many as nodes as you like.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone work out what is happening, I am off to make a useable version of Colonel_Panic's amazing OASIS station :D

The file:

PART
{
name = Test
module = Part
author = UbioZurWeldingLtd
rescaleFactor = 1
PhysicsSignificance = -1
CrewCapacity = 0
TechRequired = sandboxWeld
entryCost = 0
cost = 2760
category = Structural
subcategory = 0
title = Test
manufacturer = UbioZur Welding Ltd
description = Warranty void during re-entry.
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0,0,0
mass = 3.65
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2242188
minimum_drag = 0.2265625
angularDrag = 0.7695313
crashTolerance = 154.3515
breakingForce = 342.627
breakingTorque = 342.627
maxTemp = 4139.063
fuelCrossFeed = True
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Structural/stationHub/model
position = 0,0.6122528,0.02513594
scale = 1,1,1
rotation = 0,0,0
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/MK1FuselageStructural/model
position = 0,-1.237401,0.02513594
scale = 1.25,1.25,1.25
rotation = 0,0,0
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/MK1FuselageStructural/model
position = 0,-3.1249,0.02513594
scale = 1.25,1.25,1.25
rotation = 0,0,0
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Structural/trussAdapter/model
position = -1.322984,0.6122528,0.02513594
scale = 1,1,1
rotation = 0,0,90.00001
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Structural/trussPiece3x/model
position = -3.447593,0.6122528,0.02513594
scale = 1,1,1
rotation = 0,0,90.00001
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Structural/trussAdapter/model
position = 1.322984,0.6122528,0.02513594
scale = 1,1,1
rotation = 0,0,270
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Structural/trussPiece3x/model
position = 3.447593,0.6122528,0.02513594
scale = 1,1,1
rotation = 0,0,270
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort1/model
position = 0,0.6122528,-0.8923258
scale = 1,1,1
rotation = 270,0,0
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDockingNode
deployAnimationController = 1
nodeType = size1
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = dockingring
startEventGUIName = Open Shield
endEventGUIName = Close Shield
}
}

Edited by Benneb

That's pretty much a KSP bug amplified by this mod. The VAB handles building "sideways" really poorly and appears to consider the distance between the CoM of your part and the connecting attachment node and eventually decides it's "too far". The workaround is to build "vertically" by reorienting the attachment nodes which you discovered yourself by rebuilding the welded part in various ways.

That's some neat work there and a lot of patience. But that doesn't cut it for me. I work with monster sized welded parts between 200 and 300 parts each.

Finding the right part to attach to the rest of the ship would be insane, given the amount of similar parts included.

The only thing this mod needed was detecting the root part of the welded part and make that one attachable by default, either with or without the nodes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.