[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

I too have this problem, but i think i know why : often i have struts / fuel lines connecting parts at oblique angles and U key appears to do nothing. However, when i connected two wings with parallel surfaces, it properly aligned both ends to be perpendicular. I guess EE does not "know" (yet ?) how to solve connection alignement between two surfaces at extreme engles.

thats basically it - it tries to send the strut out perpendicular to the spot on the surface it's attached to. if that direction doesn't hit anything, it leaves the strut as-is. Next version I want to have it go along a straight line between the parts regardless of the surface angle, but that takes a little math that I need to work on first.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it seems I was about to dig something up for the crash but honestly whether or not this is useful at all I wouldn't know. At least I found some information. I was holding down 'g' I think, forming a pWing when the game crashed. Here's the end of the output_text.log

I'll try that - so far I haven't had any luck getting it to crash using pwings, but I'll keep trying to catch it in the act.

It's not. Squad removed that vertical snap from the settings (that's all EE ever did, toggle that option on and off).

In a bit more detail, the old vertical snap was a function in the old stock editor that wasn't mapped to a key or a UI feature. (Why, Squad?!? Why?!?) All EE did was add in the key mapping to toggle it on and off.

I actually find the new vertical snap to be an improvement.

I'm facing a problem here. Any idea how to vertically snap stuff with rotated parts like we used to do in the "old days"?

Say for example the following wheel. I used to put the thing there, and then "V" to center it vertically at the end of the beam. But with the new editor now vertical snap aligns the thing with the horizontal center (which was the vertical center before I rotated the part).

10cu58w.png

Well, crap. Now how am I gonna satisfy my OCD cravings without vertical snap? Put that goodness back in, Squad!

P.S. My EE doesn't seem to budge when I try using the keys for horizontal snap and strut/fuel align either. Or reset camera. Is that something on my end or a known issue?

Well, crap. Now how am I gonna satisfy my OCD cravings without vertical snap? Put that goodness back in, Squad!

P.S. My EE doesn't seem to budge when I try using the keys for horizontal snap and strut/fuel align either. Or reset camera. Is that something on my end or a known issue?

Same here...Vertical/Horizontal snaps do nothing...

Rosco the old tool used to do that too.

Use placement angle or w/e it is, and place it to the side so it's off centre but if in the middle how you want, then use horizonal snap to get it into the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to make a button that will snap a part directly over the COM?

Aegrim: vessel CoM? That would be nice. There have been a few times I wanted to do such.

I've got nice balanced sky crane to go over my unbalanced rover, but i can't get it perfectly over the CoM so it flips over :/

Would there be a way to (Or is it already in there and I'm not seeing it on the features list) get the stock rotate widget to respect the angle you set in Editor Extensions? Right now it's either 15 degrees (no matter what EE has set) or smooth (if EE is set to smooth rotate). I want exactly 10 degrees which seems impossible.

Would there be a way to (Or is it already in there and I'm not seeing it on the features list) get the stock rotate widget to respect the angle you set in Editor Extensions? Right now it's either 15 degrees (no matter what EE has set) or smooth (if EE is set to smooth rotate). I want exactly 10 degrees which seems impossible.

Hold shift when rotating with angle snap on, it snaps to finer steps then though I'm not sure of the exact angle. (Stock behavior, not EE.)

Hold shift when rotating with angle snap on, it snaps to finer steps then though I'm not sure of the exact angle. (Stock behavior, not EE.)

Oh sweet I'll try that. I think I remember reading that when 0.90 came out.

Hopefully it's 5 degrees. I needed 10 degrees and ended up eyeballing it. Two 5's would have been perfect.

Oh sweet I'll try that. I think I remember reading that when 0.90 came out.

Hopefully it's 5 degrees. I needed 10 degrees and ended up eyeballing it. Two 5's would have been perfect.

If you use Part Angle Display mod, you can see how much you've tilted a part just before attaching it with the old method of picking the part up and holding shift and then using the WASDQE keys tilt it by small increments. The mod has a window where you can adjust the amount for each tick above and below the standard 5 degrees.

The 3 mods I consider essential in the editor are Editor Extensions (this one), Part Angle Display, and RCS Build Aid.

Edited by Jacke

Linux kerbal hates it when you try to use the Alt key to do stuff so is there any alternate download for this wonderful mod?

I have just submitted a pull request that changes the alt and shift key detection to use the configured "modifier" and "editor fine" keys. That should work much better on Linux where the modifier key defaults to the right shift key.

Fantastic mod! An essential add-in to any Kerbal game!

If you're looking for ideas, I'm sure it would be fairly simple to add a key that centers the active vessel (not the camera) in the VAB/SPH.

Thanks!