[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

ive read multiple posts with problems/bugs and havent gotten a clear picture of this mod works with the 0.90 update yet. so.... does this mod work or doesnt it?? because im getting crashes all the time... at load, and during game play. its decides when it wants to work. Im basically trying to figure out what mod is crashing my game. and if they are all compatible with each other.

ive read multiple posts with problems/bugs and havent gotten a clear picture of this mod works with the 0.90 update yet. so.... does this mod work or doesnt it?? because im getting crashes all the time... at load, and during game play. its decides when it wants to work. Im basically trying to figure out what mod is crashing my game. and if they are all compatible with each other.

the only significant problem was with 2.3 where it was using too much CPU and was slowing the framerate a bit, but this mod shouldn't be causing any crashes. It only activates when you're in the editor, so it would have no effect during the inital load of the game or in other areas. When you've got a mod causing crashes sometimes you have to try each one at a time to narrow down which one is doing it.

Can anyone confirm that angle snap setting in EE menu are not saving? I deleted some of the angles, hit save, seems like they're actually deleted. Then I want to get all of them back, hit default, save - nothing changes and on next opening of EE menu those angles are still missing.

Though adding angles manually seems to be still working and saving ok.

I see version 2.5 on GitHub, but version 2.5.1 on KerbalStuff. But the .version file in both says 2.5.0.0. So...

awesome mod...thx! btw version file isn't up to date.

Is the version 2.5.1 on KerbalStuff just to get it to upload the new .zip with the fixed .version file?

I see version 2.5 on GitHub, but version 2.5.1 on KerbalStuff. But the .version file in both says 2.5.0.0. So...

Is the version 2.5.1 on KerbalStuff just to get it to upload the new .zip with the fixed .version file?

yeah, it's all v2.5, kerbalstuff wouldn't let me replace the existing 2.5 so i had to give it a new number

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone confirm that angle snap setting in EE menu are not saving? I deleted some of the angles, hit save, seems like they're actually deleted. Then I want to get all of them back, hit default, save - nothing changes and on next opening of EE menu those angles are still missing.

Though adding angles manually seems to be still working and saving ok.

yep that's a bug, i'll have it fixed in 2.6

I cannot make the claim for certain but I was getting a lot of crashes using pWings in the SPH. After removing Editor Extensions it calmed down, so there may be a conflict between the two. Upon adding a few more hours to the game I can say that the editor hasn't crashed at all since I removed Editor Extensions. Given how much I enjoy this mod I hate having to drop it but it's causing instability for me. I'd love to provide you with a bug report or logs to showcase this, but it kept hard crashing. The logs showed nothing useful and the crashes didn't even include a memory dump. It should be easy to reproduce though, pWings + EE seems to exacerbate whatever the instability is. Maybe it's just an overlapping hotkey?

Here's hoping B9's pWings become a good replacement. I'm hoping they won't have any of the same issues DYJ's have.

Edited by Hyomoto

Is anyone else having trouble using the fuel-line and strut placement tool? After it places the second node of a strut or fuel line, I can't interact with struts or fuel lines, and I also can't interact with the staging menu. Saving the craft and re-loading seems to serve as a work-around, though. Everything else seems to be working fine and stable.

I cannot make the claim for certain but I was getting a lot of crashes using pWings in the SPH. After removing Editor Extensions it calmed down, so there may be a conflict between the two. Upon adding a few more hours to the game I can say that the editor hasn't crashed at all since I removed Editor Extensions. Given how much I enjoy this mod I hate having to drop it but it's causing instability for me. I'd love to provide you with a bug report or logs to showcase this, but it kept hard crashing. The logs showed nothing useful and the crashes didn't even include a memory dump. It should be easy to reproduce though, pWings + EE seems to exacerbate whatever the instability is. Maybe it's just an overlapping hotkey?

Here's hoping B9's pWings become a good replacement. I'm hoping they won't have any of the same issues DYJ's have.

I'll take a look at pWings and see if i can find any conflicts, I haven't been using it so I'll install it and see what happens

Thanks for taking a look at it. I really apologize for not having more to go on. It literally crashed the very first time I was tweaking a pWing (I had them for a while, but I hadn't unlocked them in career). So I started KSP up again, was able to load the craft and test it out but it crashed switching scenes back to the editor. I got rid of pWings and the game stopped crashing, noting of course I also reported this in DYJ's thread and why I think they may just not be playing with each other nicely, so I reinstalled all my major mods making sure they were up to date and I thought it had stopped, but it kept crashing either when switching to, or while messing around with, pWings though with less frequency. So I got rid of EE and once again, it stopped crashing. Once again, thanks for taking a look.

Seems to be causing some crashes in the VAB and SPH for me. Trying to narrow down the problem to something repeatable. The symptom is that I pull parts off my ship and they are greyed out but if I pick them it picks the grey part and the entire ship like the grey part has become the root. Attach points on the ship go away. Leaving and returning to the vab / sph does not fix it. I eventually just have to abandon all my work and restart the game. I have removed the mod and have not had the problem reappear. I will try to drill it down to something more specific. I will have to remove all mods but edext and see if it's just edext or some interaction with another mod.

Greetings to all.

In version 0.90 KSP 32bit, It seems that when ever i change scenes to the VAB and I have a craft loaded, I am always outside of the VAB and need to scroll to get inside.

Has anyone else seen this and if so any ideas on what is causing this.

Thanks for any ideas and or help.

Happy New Year to all...

Well, it seems I was about to dig something up for the crash but honestly whether or not this is useful at all I wouldn't know. At least I found some information. I was holding down 'g' I think, forming a pWing when the game crashed. Here's the end of the output_text.log

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

stage count is: 0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Proceduralwing2 added to ship - part count: 13

Proceduralwing2 added to ship - part count: 14

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker

[VersionTaggedType] found KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker_1_7_2_0 for KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.KnownPartMarker

tlsf_create: Pool size must be between 3208 and 1073745020 bytes.
Crash!!!

I've spent some time with the new version, the new features are fantastic! The "U" key is becoming my new favorite in the editor, precise alignment of struts and fuel lines is something I've wanted for a long time.

Kudos to MachXXV for not just keeping the mod alive but making it even better.

Yeah, once you get the hang of it, "U" is awesome. Badly aligned struts and fuel-lines have bugged me from before I even found the original EE (don't remember its name, back in 0.19.1). The new "V" takes a little getting used to after two years of the old, but it too is very nice.

MachXXV: thank you.

What is bugging me is that SHIFT no longer only controls rotation but also alignment - but for alignment I use EE and more than not whenever I press SHIFT to rotate a part a few degrees it will jump to a different position.

Is there a way for EE to make KSP use SHIFT only for rotation again?

With nearing perfection the requests for improvements become more and more a luxury, I know. :D

I don't know if this was already posted but here is what i found...

When using EEX with KSP's new place/offset/rotate/root gizmos :

-turn on and select angle snap

-activate offset gizmo

-the part translation step size will change with angle snap value, if choosing 5deg it will make finer offsets

My strut/fuel align doesn't seem to be, well, aligning. I place the first node of the strut, then attach it to the other part, I then mouse over the beginning of the strut and hit "U". Nothing happens :/

Am I doing something wrong? I assume it works between symmetrical parts.

I too have this problem, but i think i know why : often i have struts / fuel lines connecting parts at oblique angles and U key appears to do nothing. However, when i connected two wings with parallel surfaces, it properly aligned both ends to be perpendicular. I guess EE does not "know" (yet ?) how to solve connection alignement between two surfaces at extreme engles.

Edited by fatcargo
typo

I too have this problem, but i think i know why : often i have struts / fuel lines connecting parts at oblique angles and U key appears to do nothing. However, when i connected two wings with parallel surfaces, it properly aligned both ends to be perpendicular. I guess EE does not "know" (yet ?) how to solve connection alignement between two surfaces at extreme engles.

Yeah something is definitely wonky with the strut/fuel align. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've only tried it on rockets so far so I can't attest to it's use in the SPH.

If there is anything I can do to help with this MachXXV (unless this is intended behavior?) let me know.

Idk if this has been asked before. Is there a way to surface attach parts in a line (rcs ports for example) ? I was thinking like drawing a line in photoshop you hold shift or another key and you can only exactly along the y or x axis.

Thanks, :-)

Angle snap can be used to place parts in a vertical line. To get a horizontal line, you can lay parts out around the object and either use vertical snap (mouse over them and press "V") to move them all to the midpoint of the parent part, or (whether you have Editor Extensions or not) switch to "offset" mode to drag parts up and down (or in any other Cartesian direction, either with respect to the local surface or to the global axes of the editor).