[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

Are there plans to make this so that the fairing arnt nessecary a noze cone? know what i mean? For example if iwanted to store a lander in the stage under my capsule ( apollo style). Or have soem sort of storage Fairing in a lower stage that can mount stuff on top to continue piling stages? it's hard to explain with wors but i think apollo is the closest real life rocket with the fairings i'm refering too.

Are there plans to make this so that the fairing arnt nessecary a noze cone? know what i mean? For example if iwanted to store a lander in the stage under my capsule ( apollo style). Or have soem sort of storage Fairing in a lower stage that can mount stuff on top to continue piling stages? it's hard to explain with wors but i think apollo is the closest real life rocket with the fairings i'm refering too.

Re-read post#1, and even 3 posts above yours....

I think this falls under the interstage fairings category :D

I cannot get this to install. And, given the 230 posts here praising this mod, I know: IT'S JUST ME. I have the Steam version of the game.

Granted, I am a total newbie (started yesterday). I was able to install the MobiusRocketWorks mod just be unzipping and dropping a single folder into the GameData folder. The mod appears in-game in all its pride and glory.

I've tried the following:

1. Dropped single ProceduralFairings folder into Gamedata

2. Dropped the ProceduralFairings folder into the Parts folder

3. Created a "Parts" sub-folder in ProceduralFairings folder. Dropped ProceduralFairings folder into GameData and Parts folders.

4. Dropped ProceduralFairings folder into the GameData->Squad sub-folder

The ProceduralFairings folder contains a sub-folder, Keramzit, which I did not include in any of the above. Is that the problem?

Unfortunately, the Install instructions on the mod webpage in the Spaceport are the generic install instructions. perhaps there is a key element that I missed there. It discusses moving various pieces of the ProceduralFairings folder into sub-folders.

I would appreciate your assistance.

I cannot get this to install. And, given the 230 posts here praising this mod, I know: IT'S JUST ME. I have the Steam version of the game.

The ProceduralFairings folder contains a sub-folder, Keramzit, which I did not include in any of the above. Is that the problem?

Yes, that's the problem. After install you should have GameData\Keramzit\ProceduralFairings folder with all files, just like it is in the zip.

note to self: tackle e-dog to the ground and make out with him for no less than thirty uninterrupted seconds, because this is THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED ROCKETS!!

Well, finally a real reason to get into modding! :cool:

This is the best thing since MechJeb. My new install of 0.20.2 only has KSPX, NovaPunch, Procedural Fairings, VAB Editor Tools, and MechJeb. That makes this a complete game.

Now, procedural inter-stage fairings (which I see in your future development plans) would really take this to another level!

Yes, that's the problem. After install you should have GameData\Keramzit\ProceduralFairings folder with all files, just like it is in the zip.

Perfect!!! Works like a bloody charmer now.

A thousand blessings on your head. May all your Kerbal astronauts land safely on distant planets and return with gold and riches beyond measure.

This is made of pure magic and i love you.

If i had to give 1 suggestion i would say that the fairing animation being dumped could be nicer, something like the fairings of the vanilla NERVA looks a bit nicer. :)

This is made of pure magic and i love you.

If i had to give 1 suggestion i would say that the fairing animation being dumped could be nicer, something like the fairings of the vanilla NERVA looks a bit nicer. :)

Agreed, something a little less than the current nuke that separates the fairings. Fun to knock over other ships, kerbals and such, and possibly push planets out of their orbit, but just a little itty bitty tooooo much.....

This is a great mod, and I use it on almost all my payload-type rockets, but the fairings jettison with a lot of force. This may pose a collision danger with other objects (haven't verified myself yet). Perhaps you could change it so they don't blow apart like shrapnel, but more like a normal decoupler?

Just to be clear the interstage fairings category is currently implimented... or only a futur plan? IF it is implimented where do i find them? i cant find them with the Normal fairings in the arodynamic tab :(

Just to be clear the interstage fairings category is currently implimented... or only a futur plan? IF it is implimented where do i find them? i cant find them with the Normal fairings in the arodynamic tab :(

Future plan for now.

If I reduce ejection force some people will have accidents with fairings colliding into lower stages because they can't get out of the way fast enough.

I guess I'll let adjusting ejection force in the VAB (low/medium/high) by pressing a key while mousing over the fairings.

Hold E while moving the mouse over the base plate and moving it left and right the same way you change the radius,, sounds great!

Is there some way you can have a small popup window on the mouse cursor while you are moused over the base plate showing the current ejection force? Or will it be more of a trial and error thing?

Is there some way you can have a small popup window on the mouse cursor while you are moused over the base plate showing the current ejection force? Or will it be more of a trial and error thing?

I think three discrete settings (low/medium/high) will be enough, most people just want it either low or high. So it'll change when you press the key, not when you move the mouse, and I'll make it show a screen message with new value.

I think three discrete settings (low/medium/high) will be enough, most people just want it either low or high. So it'll change when you press the key, not when you move the mouse, and I'll make it show a screen message with new value.

Some people (namely modularfuletanks guy whose name I can never remember how to spell) are making a menu in the action group editor which works quite nicely.

Could also choose between conical and egg shaped fairings in the same menu.

This is great in generally, but is there a way to get the fairing to not over the top, but instead forms an interstage?

Check posts #1 & #225