[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

hi i cannot get this working i put the folder i unzipped into my main ksp gamedata folder but no parts show up in VAB . i read the readme file of how to install . can anyone help plz thx

Your file path should look like KSP/GameData/ProceduralFairings And you need ModuleManager.*.*.* installed.

EDIT- ninja ! ninja ! hehe.

Then you did it wrong. The contents of that zip file start with a GameData folder, so if you really did what you say you did then you have a GameData folder sitting inside your GameData folder.

What you were meant to do was to unzip into your KSP folder (KSP_Win if on Windows).

So find that rogue GameData folder and move the ProceduralFairings folder out of it and into your real GameData folder. Then delete the GameData folder that is inside your GameData folder.

Do you understand?

@kevo:

What he's trying to say is...

At the end, the folder chain should look like: (...)\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ProceduralFairings

As I noticed you posted something similar on the Toolbar mod thread, this goes for that too. :)

hi Kowgan i understand tht but when i unzipped i got a gamedata folder inside tht was procedural fairings folder and modulemanager but the 2.5.4 version . i just put the gamedata folder inside my ksp gamedata folder . but i see modulemanager is updated to 2.5.6 now so do i download tht and swap it with the other version of module manager and then the fairings will show ?

hi Kowgan i understand tht but when i unzipped i got a gamedata folder inside tht was procedural fairings folder and modulemanager but the 2.5.4 version . i just put the gamedata folder inside my ksp gamedata folder . but i see modulemanager is updated to 2.5.6 now so do i download tht and swap it with the other version of module manager and then the fairings will show ?

Your problem is not what version of ModuleManager you have. ProceduralFairings doesn't come with nor does it require ModuleManager.

Have you located the ProceduralFairings folder as instructed? It needs to be inside your GameData folder.

It should look like this:

KSP*/GameData/ProceduralFairings

If you have something that looks like

KSP*/GameData/GameData/ProceduralFairings

then that is the problem.

When you unzip you got gamedata open it you have procedural fairings move the procedural fairings to your KSP/GameData folder and yes, I would download in update the module manager so you have 2.5.6.

EDIT- LOL dam ninja again by Starwaster hehe.

EDIT- Are you doing this in Career mode ?

Edited by Mecripp2

hi starwaster and mecripp yeah i see wht you both mean but i hve actually tried tht before by taking precedual fairings folder out of gamedata and then putting procedural in my ksp gamedata folder and no parts still show up . anyway ive downloaded the new module manager and replced the old version so ill see it tht works now .

I need to change max fairing height. Right now, it is impossible in RSS to fit my 2nd stage into a fairing. I have FAR. 50 meters is too low. I looked in the .cfg file, all I could change was max diameter. I want a max height over 50 meters.

Anyone? No?

Is payload autostrutting no longer functional with .90?

This is what I found out as well the hard way (a +250000£ worth payload lost just seconds after launch).

I remember this video by Marce :

It seems it doesn't work like this anymore, is it ?

Wanted to bop in and say thank you. This is the fairings mod to use, as far as I am concerned. I use it not only to make sweet fairings for my rockets, but all sorts of other construction needs too. Some of the newer additions, such as the adjustable length UI functions are to die for. Thanks again, and Happy New Year.

Hello, I'm hoping someone may help with an issue I've managed to create for myself.

I have the latest update, am using .90 KSP.

I'm now finding that often when I attach the fairings to the fairing bases no separators are generated. I'm really confused, but pretty sure it's me doing something stupid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks o/

MJ, KE, PlanetShine, Surface Lights.

Hello, I'm hoping someone may help with an issue I've managed to create for myself.

I have the latest update, am using .90 KSP.

I'm now finding that often when I attach the fairings to the fairing bases no separators are generated. I'm really confused, but pretty sure it's me doing something stupid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks o/

MJ, KE, PlanetShine, Surface Lights.

By "no separators", Do you mean you don't have any staging icons for the fairings, preventing you from opening them in-flight?

On the subject of payload strutting, I think it's only strutting to the part of the payload immediately attached to the base. I.e. the first part. And looking at the code, it looks like it does attach to the fairings, but if the payload is at all top heavy then it's going to bend and fall through unless that top part is strutted to the fairings.

And to separator person, make sure you're using the fairings that are in the Aerodynamics section. Do not use something that says 'fuselage' in it because those are not meant to be separated.

By "no separators", Do you mean you don't have any staging icons for the fairings, preventing you from opening them in-flight?

Yes, that is correct. AT times they generate, more often they don't...

Oh, I just read the post from Starwaster...this seems like the sort of thing that a half wit like me would do....I will check Thanks!

*Just checked, it does seem like I was indeed not aware of the difference. Thanks Starwaster !

Edited by Smallish

Yes, that is correct. AT times they generate, more often they don't...

Oh, I just read the post from Starwaster...this seems like the sort of thing that a half wit like me would do....I will check Thanks!

*Just checked, it does seem like I was indeed not aware of the difference. Thanks Starwaster !

Heck, I've been using PF for several months and I didn't realize it.

Actually, that brings to mind a request: Would it be difficult to change the display name of the two "Fuselage Fairings" to "Fixed Fairings?" After all, just because they are fixed doesn't mean they will just be used to make fuselages. And of course, if I miss THAT, well, I guess it's my own fault.

Heck, the names could go one further, to "Fixed Fairings" and "Detachable Fairings."

For me, I think this would have helped, because I always look at the name to see if it is Conic or Egg-Shaped before I grab it.

Of course, if it would break stuff, then nevermind.