What was your first mun landing with?

Mr. Pseudonym

What was your first mun landing with? Mine was with the IFE Intrepid SLS, now discontinued :(

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/3396-Industrial-Flames-Explosions-Inc-Version-1-4-2-Now-Available!

Post your landing vehicles, if you have pictures, or if you don't, just detail how the mission went.

Edited by Mr. Pseudonym

The IFE parts pack! How I miss that :D hmm anyway...

First successful landing and return made back in 0.12. I got KSP Silisko Edition, NovaPunch and KW Challenger parts thrown in.

even had more mods thrown in. Lets just say I'm the guy who will refuse to play the game without mods before...

My first successful Mun landing was in the 0.18 (I think) demo back in late April / early May using this..

2013-05-03_00001.jpg

I had actually landed another craft on Mun prior to this one which I guess was successful from a Kerbal perspective as it was "mostly intact" by the time it stopped rolling :D. The one above did properly land though and was supposed to be the rescue ship but sadly didn't have enough fuel (or I didn't have the skill / knowledge) to make the return trip, we won't mention that I also landed it too far away from the Kerbal that needed rescuing anyway :blush:.

This Lander

screenshot5.png

I still use this lander for some missions too even though it lacks rcs.

P.S. I don't know how you guys have three man capsules for your first mun landings, I actually mastered rendezvous and docking before I was able to make a craft capable of getting a three man capsule to the mun and back.

Edited by wolfedg

Mine was with the Kerpollo Lunar Module mod in version 13.3.

I still haz pict-shores.

430970_10150589598203830_1987101184_n.jpg

This was taken on February 8th, 2012.

Of course, this was before I cared enough to take the realistic measures of landing the LM so that the ladder/windows were in shadow at 10 degrees, but now, I never miss a realistic, low periapsis landing. This was, afterall, my first landing.

Cool stories!

If anyone hasn't flown the IFE SLS, I can forgive you, but you really missed out. Really cool parts. The SRBs got put into the Component Space Shuttle mod, which is/was relatively popular.

The first time I landed on the Mun, I ascended and returned, came back down, and deployed my parachute too late, causing it to rip off and kill Bill, Bob, and Jeb. The second time, I didn't make the same mistake, and saved the Kerbals on board. I then over-engineered a rocket capable of landing on Minmus and the Mun. Didn't really do anything else there, except the giant station I set up in Mun orbit. Don't have pictures except for the launch of one of the parts :(

ABCAD5E607AC0C804291D3FE6387BAAD9AAD6225

The smeagle has landed.... I think that was in .12 note use of fins, radial decouplers, RCS pods and struts.. lots of struts as landing gear... and no mechjeb

Boris

<<thinking that newbies to ksp should be made to land on the mun with that lot before they are allowed landing gear :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.