[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

Hello. I have some troubles while installing this mod. I have parts and amounts of water, oxy and food in current resources, but nothing spends during the time.

I tried to search on this forum, but did not found anything. Sorry, if my problem is solved, but not found by me.

Game version is 23.5, i have module manager v 2.1.5, and the are some other mods. Have no idea what i did wrong or how to fix this. Please, help.

Hello. I have some troubles while installing this mod. I have parts and amounts of water, oxy and food in current resources, but nothing spends during the time.

I tried to search on this forum, but did not found anything. Sorry, if my problem is solved, but not found by me.

Game version is 23.5, i have module manager v 2.1.5, and the are some other mods. Have no idea what i did wrong or how to fix this. Please, help.

Did you download from http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221022-tac-life-support or https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/releases ? You should have a file named: "TacLifeSupport_0.8.0.4.zip".

I have a request:

I use TacGenericConverter for a wide variety of custom modules, primarily because it handles resource consumption and production at high time warps far more reliably than the stock ModuleGenerator or generator modules found in other mods. In some cases, there is no conceivable reason to ever turn the generator off, and therefore the button just adds clutter to the part's context menu. I would love to be able to add "alwaysOn = true" in the config to remove the button.

Awesome add-on!

One tiny thing:

The "TAC life support build aid" seems to report times in a 24h format during ship construction, but KSP seems to use the much shorter Kerbin days, which are 6 hours or so (unsure)?

I just take the overkill-route now, but when I was just starting out in career mode I tried calculating how much I needed during a mission to limit payload weight, and had Kerbals dying.

Sounds like you need to check your math then. 1 day in the TACLS calculator = 4 Kerbin days because like you said, the former is only six hours long. So if the calculator says that you have life support for your whole crew for 3 days, that's 12 Kerbin days worth of life support.

Alternatively, you can change from Kerbin days to IRL days in the settings menu so that the MET clock lists time in 24 hour days as well.

It's something that could use an update, but it's nothing terribly broken in the mod.

It would make more sense for TAC to measure in kg/liters or something from the real world, seems like it would play better with other mods as well. Maybe this is already planned somewhere and I missed it.

It's one of the most hotly debated topics in the thread. I think there was another discussion of it a few weeks back, but I don't remember who, if anyone, won.

I am pretty sure that I said I am working on that. My dev build displays in either 6-hour days or 24-hour days depending on the "Kerbin Time" setting.

I am working on a few other fixes and tweaks too, like changing to "1 unit = 1 liter", adding supply containers that use the Modular Fuel Tanks mod, and rebalancing how much each container can hold.

Coming soonTM. Sorry I don't have much time to spend on Kerbal lately :(.

On another topic, several of you have made some really nice textures to use with my parts. Can any of you do 3D modelling? I need a greenhouse part plus drills for mining regolith and ice. Scanning dishes for regolith and ice would also be nice. If someone makes some good parts, I will include them in the main release with all credit going to you of course.

What font did you use to label the parts? I really like that smooth, basic look and texture that the original textures have, but I'm trying to add in HexCan purifiers, extractors, and filters. At present, all I did was cover over the labels with the blank panel textures, but labels would be nice to have.

Also, if I was to send you the .cfg files, would you consider putting them in the mod proper? I'm not really changing much, just copying over the module parameters from the 1.25 meter and 2.5 meter parts to the regular and large HexCans. I do not intend to release the parts as a standalone additional mod, as it would be easier (maybe?) to include in the basic mod. I don't think I'm the only one who would use them, presented the opportunity.

Thank you for your consideration!

EDIT: I've got them operational, although it's not like I had much work to do. Everything was already done for me.

Edited by Pyromaniacal

TaranisElsu, just a heads-up that the current version of FusTek now has its own Module Manager patch to add TAC Life Support to its parts.

On a related note, I've been experiencing an add-on compatibility issue with Modular Fuel Tanks - specifically, with my FusTek Resupply Module.

The Resupply module is a probe core that is supposed to hold fixed quantities of Life Support provisions in its front half, while having a user-configurable MFT tank at the back. However, having both features active actually causes the Life Support provisions to not show up in the VAB/SPH, and any in-flight vessels with the Resupply module as it is right now becomes uncontrollable (KSP ends up trying to focus on the Sun instead).

I've provided my configs for your reference:

Resupply module CFG

PART {
name = FusTekResupplyModule
module = Part
author = sumghai

MODEL
{
model = FusTek/Station Parts/Parts/modelFusTekResupplyModule
scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
texture = fustek_station_icon_stor_texture, FusTek/Station Parts/Parts/fustek_station_icon_resupply_texture
}

MODEL
{
model = FusTek/Station Parts/Parts/modelKarmonyEndRing
position = 0.0, 1.09375, 0.0
scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
}

// Top (Forward) Hatch
MODEL
{
model = FusTek/Station Parts/Parts/modelKarmonyHatch
position = 0.0, 1, 0.0
scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
}

rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

TechRequired = composites
entryCost = 24500
cost = 4900
category = Pods
subcategory = 0
title = FusTek Resupply Module
manufacturer = Sum Dum Heavy Industries Co., Ltd (under licence from FusTek Aerospace)

vesselType = Probe

description = An unmanned module designed to transport pressurized cargo such as crew provisions to and from space stations. For best results, use with SDHI Service Module System. Warranty void if used as crew return vehicle.

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

mass = 1.7
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.25
minimum_drag = 0.25
angularDrag = 0.5
crashTolerance = 10
maxTemp = 2900
breakingForce = 280
breakingTorque = 280
stackSymmetry = 3

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.05
}
}

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 50
maxAmount = 50
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = 5
YawTorque = 5
RollTorque = 5

RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.15
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}
}

MM patch

TANK_DEFINITION
{
name = FusTekResupply_RearSection
basemass = -1
TANK
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
utilization = 1
}
TANK
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
utilization = 1
}
TANK
{
name = MonoPropellant
mass = 0.000625
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
utilization = 1.25
}
TANK
{
name = XenonGas
mass = 0.000625
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 0.0
utilization = 50
note = (pressurized)
}
}

@PART[FusTekResupplyModule]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 160
type = FusTekResupply_RearSection
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Food
amount = 400
maxAmount = 400
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Water
amount = 400
maxAmount = 400
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 400
maxAmount = 400
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Waste
amount = 0
maxAmount = 400
}
RESOURCE
{
name = WasteWater
amount = 0
maxAmount = 400
}
RESOURCE
{
name = CarbonDioxide
amount = 0
maxAmount = 400
}
}

Found a small bug. This is probably a bug with any window but it only happened with TAC Life Support for me so far. Basically, I right clicked on the Life Support Monitoring window and the game lagged at the same time. The window completely disappeared and clicking the life support button didn't do anything.

I fixed the window position in the config. The offending settings are here: http://i.imgur.com/3ihWN1b.png

You may want to sanity-check your window position values after the window gets moved around.

Hello! I personally love this mod, and hope that it gets an update, but i have one question:

Resource integration. We really need something like minecraft's OreDictionary. How does TAC water fare with KSPI Water? Does MKS fit well into TAC? Does kethane fiddle with it?

Also, is there some sort of greenhouse? I am not looking forward to making a 100% self sustainable base (IRL that is pretty much impossible), just something do delay death point.

Resource integration. We really need something like minecraft's OreDictionary. How does TAC water fare with KSPI Water? Does MKS fit well into TAC? Does kethane fiddle with it?

People have already tried to do this. Twice.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/74409-The-resource-meag-research-thread!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/61296-Unified-Resource-Guidelines-and-Catalog-for-Modders

And, for the record, MKS is based on TAC, so of course they're compatible.

Hello! I personally love this mod, and hope that it gets an update, but i have one question:

Also, is there some sort of greenhouse? I am not looking forward to making a 100% self sustainable base (IRL that is pretty much impossible), just something do delay death point.

MKS subclasses off of TAC, so it has a very tight integration, which lets it do nifty things like, even if you switch away from your base for years, when you reset focus, all of the generators catch up together (so all of the intermediary steps for food production and water purification kick off in lockstep with TAC 'catching up'), so no weird cases of having a ton of food but a pile of dead Kerbals due to mods having different 'clocks'.

I am a bit new to this mod...could someone tell me how to don a space suit for EVA? is it hidden in the tech tree and still undisovered for me or is it a right clicky thing?

please help...i am killing them off one by one :(

I am a bit new to this mod...could someone tell me how to don a space suit for EVA? is it hidden in the tech tree and still undisovered for me or is it a right clicky thing?

please help...i am killing them off one by one :(

Going on EVA should just be a matter of clicking "EVA" on the kerbonaut's portrait. Can you explain in more detail what you're having trouble with?

Going on EVA should just be a matter of clicking "EVA" on the kerbonaut's portrait. Can you explain in more detail what you're having trouble with?

aahh...give me a minute to retest...i was using a NovaPunch capsule which doesn't have life support...

I am working on a few other fixes and tweaks too, like changing to "1 unit = 1 liter", adding supply containers that use the Modular Fuel Tanks mod, and rebalancing how much each container can hold.

Can I suggest the new texture and fuel switcher from Firespitter. That way you can have 1 mesh with multiple switchable textures and resource setups.

Sorry if this has been answered already (not really in the mood to dig through 130 pages) but I installed TAC the other day by placing it in my GameData folder, same as any mod I reckon. It seems to have installed well in that all the resource additions for the capsule are there and located in the tech tree, however when I go out into space, there's no resource demands. No waste is built up, no food is consumed, nothing. I don't think it's even reading correctly, as it shows my food and water as 1.0 instead of other values like 86 and what not. It's definitely not working because I've done a month long expedition to Minmas with no resources and my Kerbal survived just fine. Any idea as to what's going on?

Sorry if this has been answered already (not really in the mood to dig through 130 pages) but I installed TAC the other day by placing it in my GameData folder, same as any mod I reckon. It seems to have installed well in that all the resource additions for the capsule are there and located in the tech tree, however when I go out into space, there's no resource demands. No waste is built up, no food is consumed, nothing. I don't think it's even reading correctly, as it shows my food and water as 1.0 instead of other values like 86 and what not. It's definitely not working because I've done a month long expedition to Minmas with no resources and my Kerbal survived just fine. Any idea as to what's going on?

I was having the same issue.

A user kindly pointed out about two pages prior to this one that you need to download the mod from the Curse link http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221022-tac-life-support/2203539.

I hope this solves your problem.

God Bless :)

Hey there,

I made some textures for the containers. If you like them I could do some for the hexcans aswell:

f6q4TRk.jpg

EB44iEI.jpg

You can download them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u0p1vut1rhmmhi4/AAAOmbYqDBkf2G20ggAPrqI4a

To install them just put the .tga files into your GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupportContainers folder and don't forget to backup the original files.

Greetings

Zimplizity