[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I like those ideas - I'm just not sure why you couldn't simply eject any non-recyclable waste into space (as the Apollo astronauts did with their urine).

I tried using the fuel release valves from the shuttle/smart parts mod that's on this forum somewhere, they seem to work for this. Make sure to disable resource flow for things you don't want to dump.

Ah ok! But food waste is something you'll have to carry with on the ship?

*thinks up ideas for disposing of waste via impactors*?

I didn't try it, but I think the description says that if you have no tank volume left for the waste resources, they are just discarded. So you could just try to shut off the waste resource tanks by clicking on the green arrow next to the resource bar when you right click on all the containers. Your waste should just disappear then if I got that right. Please report back if it worked.

Ok, re: turning HOME greenhouse into a functional sunlight dependent recycling... thing... I played around with it and this seems to work ok.

Note that it doesn't currently do anything except produce non-flowable non-transferable 'sunlight'.

I'm not actually currently using TAC (or any LSS mod) so I'm not sure what would be best to do with it. (aside from inputting CO2 & sunlight and output O2. Though technically plants do consume a small amount of O2, they just happen to output more than they consume when photosynthesizing)

Because of the spaces in the greenhouse name, it uses wildcards so make sure you're up to date with a Module Manager that can handle it. Which most everyone should be by now so it shouldn't really be a problem.

Also note that I removed the animation module completely. The solar panel handles animating the part. Unfortunately it says 'extend/retract panels' but you can't rename the context menu GUI for ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = sunlight
density = 0
flowMode = NO_FLOW
transfer = NONE
isTweakable = false
}
@PART[HOME2?Hub?Green?House]
{
!MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]{}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

sunTracking = false
//retractable = false
animationName = living_tube

raycastTransformName = HOME2_habbitat
pivotName = HOME2_habbitat

isBreakable = false

resourceName = sunlight

chargeRate = 4.0

powerCurve
{
key = 206000000000 0 0 1
key = 13599840256 1 0 1
key = 68773560320 0.5 0 1
key = 0 10 0 1
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = sunlight
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 4.0
}
}

Ok, re: turning HOME greenhouse into a functional sunlight dependent recycling... thing... I played around with it and this seems to work ok.

Note that it doesn't currently do anything except produce non-flowable non-transferable 'sunlight'.

I'm not actually currently using TAC (or any LSS mod) so I'm not sure what would be best to do with it. (aside from inputting CO2 & sunlight and output O2. Though technically plants do consume a small amount of O2, they just happen to output more than they consume when photosynthesizing)

Because of the spaces in the greenhouse name, it uses wildcards so make sure you're up to date with a Module Manager that can handle it. Which most everyone should be by now so it shouldn't really be a problem.

Also note that I removed the animation module completely. The solar panel handles animating the part. Unfortunately it says 'extend/retract panels' but you can't rename the context menu GUI for ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

Hmm...I can't get that working. The only effect it seems to have for me is that the greenhouse starts deployed (including in the VAB) and can't be deflated. I don't see the sunlight resource being produced (should I?). Maybe I didn't do it right? I replaced the ModuleAnimationGeneric with your ModuleDeployableSolarPanel and included the resource definition in the greenhouse .cfg file. I left the TacGenericConverter module that I had inserted in the greenhouse .cfg and it still works. Did I do it wrong?

My reading suggested to me that I couldn't do this with just editing the .cfg file. It looks to me like I'd need to delve into the .cs code for the part, which is more than I'm up for at the moment.

Has anyone come up with a working stasis/hibernation chamber compatible with TACLS yet?

I think tackling the problem from the opposite direction - i.e. have a mod that changes the state of the Kerbal in question - would make more sense, and also remove the LS dependency. For example, it could 'Kill' the Kerbal, then bring them back to life upon landing and re-insert them into the craft.

I'm sure this has been asked before but i don't have the patience to go through the entire thread... Is there any plans to implement something like a hydroponics food replenishment system or something? The only thing putting me off this mod is not being able to replenish food so I can't build distant bases without having tedious resupply missions to replenish food supplies (which seems especially silly for a biome like laythe where you would expect growing things would be easy). If something like this was implemented I would get this mod in a heartbeat.

I'm sure this has been asked before but i don't have the patience to go through the entire thread... Is there any plans to implement something like a hydroponics food replenishment system or something? The only thing putting me off this mod is not being able to replenish food so I can't build distant bases without having tedious resupply missions to replenish food supplies (which seems especially silly for a biome like laythe where you would expect growing things would be easy). If something like this was implemented I would get this mod in a heartbeat.

Here is 1 http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40667-0-23-0-23-5-WIP-TAC-Life-Support-0-8-22Dec?p=1107367&viewfull=1#post1107367

I have a little experimental (beta) mod I'm working on to cover that sort of area, over here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79603-0-2-35-CELSS-Greenhouse-%28TAC-Life-Support-Add-On-Version-0-1-beta%29

If you try it out, let me know your thoughts - it's still under early development, so there's plenty of room to influence changes down the line.

-c

I have been following this mod for a while. It looks promising.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-23-5-Modular-Kolonization-System-(0-16-2)-2014-05-11

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

Well I recently started using TAC again and decided to make up some textures that reflex my personal visual tastes.

I thought I would share them here if anyone wants them, if that's OK?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnz1zxws7gtcil5/TAC%20LifeSupport%20Retextures.zip

http://i.imgur.com/WxAd7l2.png

http://i.imgur.com/bud1DvE.png

yeeeees very good, thank you ... you shoud make a own post/therad for this. it was hard to find. The orginal texturs really don't match for a game like KSP

I like those ideas - I'm just not sure why you couldn't simply eject any non-recyclable waste into space (as the Apollo astronauts did with their urine).

you can do that with TAC Fuel Balance

and can kerbals like carry some of the resources on their backs or something, or do i need to make little rovers and put docking ports on all my base modules?

Yes on the normal version you need to do that with docking.... I use the pipes pr winches from kerbal attachment system to transfer stuff....

To the Devs. It would be nice to add the grab/attach option to the small hexa cans for KAS.

In want to install some TAC ressources on my space station, as well as recyclers. Ressource tanks will deplete over time and I will therefore design them so that they are easy to remove and deorbit. But can someone tell me if the recyclers will also have to be changed (due to accumulating waste) or if they can stay permanently once installed (for instance by emptying accumulate wastes in space or in the empty tanks)? It will determine the way I build the supply module.

Edited by Korb Biakustra

In want to install some TAC ressources on my space station, as well as recyclers. Ressource tanks will deplete over time and I will therefore design them so that they are easy to remove and deorbit. But can someone tell me if the recyclers will also have to be changed (due to accumulating waste) or if they can stay permanently once installed (for instance by emptying accumulate wastes in space or in the empty tanks)? It will determine the way I build the supply module.

No, recyclers don't store anything. You can leave them in place.

I think I found a bug. It's kind of ridiculous, but if you add too much resources, the LSMonitor will overflow to negative values. Not sure if the LS itself breaks.

Hi! Does anybody have any idea what happened with this part? It was normally at the launch, but after a reload, it shrinked: http://i.imgur.com/KrPqqAo.png

I think that happens when you use specific parts as the root object in the ship. I always start with RCU units or command pods, and ever since then it hasn't happened for me. I could be wrong though :|

Edited by Daishi

How much electricity would a Mk2 Lander-Can, a Hitchhiker Storage Module, an OKTO2, a 1.25m Water Purifier, and a 1.25m Carbon extractor need? I want to know how much electricity I must store and how much I must continuously provide.

-Duxwing

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem. I installed some mods and suddenly my kerbals don't have any life support resources when they go EVA. I'm trying to hunt down what could have caused this, but aside from deleting things one by one is there any easier/more effective way of finding the culprit? I didn't install anything that obviously conflicted so I'm not sure where to go from there.