[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

TaranisElsu

thanks a lot for considering it. As with TAC LS I want the ability to refill life support off world. Then all i will need is a simple greenhouse mod and full sustainable colonies with minimal mod foot print is possible with TAC LS

TaranisElsu - Thanks for the great work. Love, love, love this mod!

- - - Updated - - -

Then all i will need is a simple greenhouse mod and full sustainable colonies with minimal mod foot print is possible with TAC LS

(Cough)... There is my simple Greenhouse

I'm right now testing if it works with 1.0 and the new TAC LS release, but early indications are good. :)

One fast question, would it be plausible to have an converter from oxidizer to oxygen? This is more relevant now then we can mine oxidizer in stock.

Add fuel+ oxidizer into water too, same reason, even if fuel is a hydrocarbon you should get water as part of the output.

Yes this would simplify supply situation but you would still need food, the recylers make oxygen and water demands low compared to food anyway.

TaranisElsu - Thanks for the great work. Love, love, love this mod!

- - - Updated - - -

(Cough)... There is my simple Greenhouse

I'm right now testing if it works with 1.0 and the new TAC LS release, but early indications are good. :)

Yes i have used your munar greenhouse before and it's nice and simple. Though I have taken a liking to MKS OKs in .90 but I don't like the part heavy direction rover dude is going. I got enough mods I want to install lol. I think I'll take it a bit 'simpler' this time and just use your module. It's awesome.

I am -so- happy you upgraded this! Now I just need to write up some converter config files to convert "Supplies" to Food, Water and Oxygen and vice versa for RoverDude's split from the TAC-LS resources with his Mulch/Supplies simplified model...

Im trying to use TAC with the new horizons planet pack, and it seemed to be working fine, but i recently found that one of the planets that supposedly had a breathable atmosphere, Arin, However, it appears that as Tac is configured to only allow Kerbals on EVA to breathe on Kerbin, as Laythe has a toxic component in its air, and this setting seems to apply to other planets as well.

Anyway, my questions is, how can i set an exception to this behavior?

Edited by Shrike99

One of my most favourite mods ever.

However I am experiencing an issue, and it is strange as yesterday it did work perfectly (i reinstalled everything again today)

I have the mod unzipped in the ksp/gamedata folder as usual, having ksp/gamedata/ThunderAerospace and the 5 subdirectories. All subdirectories seem to be good, however according to the installation tutorial, the taclifesupport.dll is missing.

In fact, when I run the game, I don't get that "info" pop up message the very first time, and I don't have the icon in the blizzy's toolbar

Edit: I have found the -possible- issue. There are two downloadable links, the first one (curse link) appears to have the .dll file missing, but the second link is ok. However, while game is loading, a popup message says the .dll file is incorrect (or missing can't remember)

Edited by Bersagliere81

Can anybody help me out with a MM config to put TAC LS resources in all parts that hold crew? That is, resources plus room for waste resources. Haven't played with MM configs in a while to remember how, and I'm not sure what amounts would be balanced.

I think the Hitchhiker doesn't come with any. And I use Stockalike Station Parts which include many crew-holding parts but no resources. I prefer to store TAC LS stuff in these sort of parts and only resort to the "tanks" when necessary.

As an added hurdle, I suppose I don't want to write over parts that already include TAC LS resources, and I suppose the in-line airplane crew parts should be limited or skipped.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Hello,

Ya that is the @Part stuff in a CFG you can add; there should be example cfg like this in TACLIFE; simply add the part you want to have Life Support in ! In fact it should be there unless has crew cpacity is missing in the units you want food in etc...see the main cfg files in TACLIFE. There might be 2 or 3 cfg's from what I am looking at that you have to add to.

Cmdr Zeta

Thanks for the pointer! Another question... Anybody know of any code which puts the TAC LS parts into a separate category? (still under "functions," not one of the user created custom things) Like what RealChutes does? Sure would be nice to declutter that utilities category list...

Would it be possible to develop some way that, when a Kerbal is on a planet with a breathable atmosphere, he or she can 'remove' her suit in a sens as to deactivate life support since it is not necessary anymore (except maybe for water and food)?

Edit: Nevermind, it does this already. :)

Hello,

Well I dont know I thought Kerbin was the only planet to support them; Laythe is not supposed to have air; I could be wrong.

I am looking at the update...the rate changes would affect my work...I will probly stick with what I have but I will look at it; I probly dont need to update I dont know a far as the dll...

TACLIFE is my main resource for Life Support Thank You !

Wait til you see what I have done with it in my BioMass Greenhouse...

I have added constraints now as well - Food/Water have a lifespan of 30 days; then they must be recycled if not used ! I use MRE's now !! Food is converted to freeze-dried MRE's which last...well a long time ! Those are my snacks - Ugh !

Cmdr Zeta

Hey, I just ran into a problem. I'm running KSP 1.0.1, and as I try to start up the game, I keep getting a popup telling me that the version of KSP is unsupported. I have made sure that I have the latest version installed, but I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Hey, I just ran into a problem. I'm running KSP 1.0.1, and as I try to start up the game, I keep getting a popup telling me that the version of KSP is unsupported. I have made sure that I have the latest version installed, but I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

The files have the version number inside them. Assuming the mod itself works fine, the update would just be changing that internal number to tell KSP it's all ok. I'm getting that alert with some .9 mods that still work (graphical mods are much less version sensitive)

I'm just getting into life support and so far I really like TAC-LS. Using EL, I typically colonize moons in short order and used to imagine them to be self-sustaining but now I have to ensure that they actually are. I've seen biomass for food (and plan on getting it once it's updated), but are there any good mods for extracting water and oxygen or carbon dioxide from the atmospheres/crust/oceans of other planets and moons? Preferably using the new stock resource system if there are any in development for that. Thanks!

EDIT: Or asteroids too!