Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

Would there be a way to change the cfgs myself to avoid the use of modular fuel?
I'd like to know this too. I've got no interest in that mod.

Sure, if it's that big a deal I can try to provide two setups - one that is designed for MFS, and one for standard fuel, though this will probably require changes to the engine properties to balance the gameplay, and the practical range and the payload limit of each version of the shuttle will probably differ. Don't expect a stock-tailored version in the first release though. In the mean time editing the configs should suffice.

Also, be aware that a stock-fueled EFT will contain very little fuel for its size - probably around that found in the stock Jumbo 64 tanks, otherwise it would be too heavy to launch.

Also, be aware that a stock-fueled EFT will contain very little fuel for its size - probably around that found in the stock Jumbo 64 tanks, otherwise it would be too heavy to launch.

I don't mind. As long as it flies like a dream and looks awesome, realism can take a flying leap! :D

Ok. That looks ready to play with! Can we have? Please?

That's a negative.

As ZRM said, we still have a host of bugs and parts of the project that aren't complete. For example we're still fleshing out the MFDs.

Once all of that is complete, I'm going to do a texture/art study with the model in game. So far based on shots I've seen, I don't see anything incorrect. But again I have to view it in game to make sure all parts are functioning the way we intended, they are displaying the way I intended, and are hassle and bug free. I never release incomplete work.

Most of any that would probably be texture swaps, nothing too intense or requiring programming.

Once all of that is out of the way, and we're both satisfied, I'll give ZRM the green flag to proceed with packaging it and putting it up. We'll then make a post on the released mods forum and we'll go from there.

Right now the big hurdle for me are the MFD artwork.

Sure, if it's that big a deal I can try to provide two setups - one that is designed for MFS, and one for standard fuel, though this will probably require changes to the engine properties to balance the gameplay, and the practical range and the payload limit of each version of the shuttle will probably differ. Don't expect a stock-tailored version in the first release though. In the mean time editing the configs should suffice.

I would be interested in this too!

As ZRM said, we still have a host of bugs and parts of the project that aren't complete. For example we're still fleshing out the MFDs.

I'd just like to clarify that AFAIK there is not much in the way of bugs right now other than those present in KSP already that have manifested themselves due to the boundaries the project is pushing.

As helldiver said, the main focus right now is on the MFDs, specifically all of the texture assets helldiver needs to produce for each display mode. I have been explaining the way all the textures are composited with masks.

Once I get the new LRBs working correctly I will be focussing on adding the secondary functionality to the cockpit interior, including clickable switches and buttons, the other two Kerbals and the click-to-get-a-better-view windows.

Why not release the project without the internals to start with then add them after. I for one do not use internals that often.

The point is that after you see these internals, with the electronic glass cockpit, you will be using them nearly all the time, as it will hopefully be more informative than the navball and the map view for most situations.

If we release early that would just slow down the development of the final features, as we would then have to spend time on supporting the release. Besides, neither I nor Helldiver like releasing something not quite done.

Please can everyone stop asking us to release this early. We will release it in due course, when it's ready, not a moment before.

Edit: By "everyone", I really mean the few people that have asked this. Most of you have been great support, thanks for that.

The point is that after you see these internals, with the electronic glass cockpit, you will be using them nearly all the time, as it will hopefully be more informative than the navball and the map view for most situations.

If we release early that would just slow down the development of the final features, as we would then have to spend time on supporting the release. Besides, neither I nor Helldiver like releasing something not quite done.

Please can everyone stop asking us to release this early. We will release it in due course, when it's ready, not a moment before.

Edit: By "everyone", I really mean the few people that have asked this. Most of you have been great support, thanks for that.

Agreed. Also, I might add: this project is definitely worth the wait. We all look forward to flying it once it's released.

I'm so glad you guys are NOT releasing it early. The work you guys are doing is raising the bar and I want it to be lifted as high as possible. My only suggestion is to ignore the questions about releasing it soon or when it will be released. Clearly some people aren't reading what you guys have said countless times before in this thread.

Lobal's a bit too happy with the view (well, either that or deranged). Matcott doesn't feel the same way. Perhaps he's scared of Lobal.

If only the rep system was working! That is an amazing shot and caption.

I'd be a little scared of Lobal too, but maybe he's just enjoying the amazing looking control panel ahead of him. :)

Bill wishes he didn't have a window seat.

R4qQHPN.jpg

Also, now with interior lighting.

Edit: Since that screenshot I have now improved the colour temperature of the lighting to match the actual lights.

Edited by ZRM

What lighting solution did you use in these shots?

-Did you use an actual light?

Because that looks perfect.

I hope you modeled a barf bag for Bill, looks like he may need one.

Do you see the orange/red medical bag behind the PIC's headrest? That contains multiple barf bags :D

Edited by helldiver

What lighting solution did you use in these shots?

-Did you use an actual light?

Because that looks perfect.

Uh, not just one actual light, 16 unshadowed spotlights to be precise. I can probably get away with half that number or less. I currently have 4 lights per ceiling light panel. One or two per panel may suffice. I added 4 lights because previously I was hopeful that I could get shadows enabled and do a high quality screenshot or two, but unfortunately Unity doesn't support shadowing on anything other than directional lights in a forward renderer, which is mad.

What I find interesting is the suits have KSP in reverse...

That is very strange, though for all I know this is the case in other IVA cockpits. Yet another KSP bug.

Edited by ZRM

That is very strange, though for all I know this is the case in other IVA cockpits. Yet another KSP bug.

The artist didn't properly mirror his texture. If I could get the originals plus an OBJ I could probably fix it in a matter of seconds. Of course that could probably only be done by Squad.