Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

What would have to be done:

<snip>

-Any missing shader (normal map, specular, glow if needed?)

<snip>

Clarify 'shader'. Do you actually mean textures? The distinction is important and you're more likely to get help with making textures for this than new shaders.

Clarify 'shader'. Do you actually mean textures? The distinction is important and you're more likely to get help with making textures for this than new shaders.

Shader, as in Material Renderer. A Shader renders a texture depending on the function of the shader and the texture (an example of a shader is a Normal Map shader that renders normal map light information on a model). The Shader options are limited and buggy with KSP, hence ZRM programmed a plugin to handle the various textures used by the KSO. Unfortunately I don't have access to those plugins.

You can use the gimbal module from SSE. Since others would like to use it as well, I'll make it available as separate plugin.

I'll also offer my help if you need changes to the module (in reasonable bounds, of course). Just contact me if you need my help.

Edited by dtobi

You can use the gimbal module from SSE. Since others would like to use it as well, I'll make it available as separate plugin.

I'll also offer my help if you need changes to the module (in reasonable bounds, of course). Just contact me if you need my help.

I would really like if that cute shuttle have engines powered by your plugin. I have your shuttle engines and love they

I would really like if that cute shuttle have engines powered by your plugin. I have your shuttle engines and love they

It will. The KSO is being rebuilt(in Unity only) and has already made its first flight (partially assembled) equipped with a jet engine!

Edited by Nazari1382

I really appreciate the offer.

Nazari is taking care of the import process as well as any plugins and such. I'm sure we'll run into some issue in the future and may need help.

Again, thank you so much guys for the support. I'm looking forward to this as much as any of you!

It will. The KSO is being rebuilt(in Unity only) and has already made its first flight (partially assembled) equipped with a jet engine!

This sounds so kerbal :D

"Um, Jeb, we don't have the rocket engines working yet. Also, we're out of SRB's.

-Eh, just strap on a jet engine!"

Alright guys just a quick status update.

-Nazari is still getting the pieces into KSP. He has the main orbiter flying and so far things are looking good.

-Had to make a small addition so that he had more control on re-entry, helps keep the nose at the proper angle:

6AicNfG.jpg

Y3MavQv.jpg

Alright guys just a quick status update.

-Nazari is still getting the pieces into KSP. He has the main orbiter flying and so far things are looking good.

-Had to make a small addition so that he had more control on re-entry, helps keep the nose at the proper angle

dose this mean we will need Firespitter for it or is there another way to do airbrakes?

Awww, does that take away the option for a single rudder?

Unfortunately yes. I removed the attachment node on top anyhow, so you'd have trouble putting one there now. Keep in mind that the KSO was always meant to have a v-tail like in the original pictures. I could have built two on each side above the rear RCS ports. That would have created double the work and have delayed things further, we're already way behind as it is.

dose this mean we will need Firespitter for it or is there another way to do airbrakes?

I'm not sure, that'd be something Nazari would know more about.

1) The mod will include firespitter

2) having the airbrake wont prevent a single tail. You can simply place a tail part over it if it has the right attachment location, and not toggle the built-in airbrake. I'll release a separate shuttle tail(with my own art assets) with an airbrake as a separate part you can pair with any shuttle you'd like.

What size cargo does the bay support? From the pics it looks around 1 meterish. Also will it work with the tiberdyne shuttle?

It's 1.25m with a little breathing room. The parts most likely won't fit with any Tiberdyne shuttle parts.