What Will Be The First Thing You Do In 0.21?

The Jedi Master

Probably a manned Mün mission, Apollo-style, of course :). Such a mission gives a good "crash-course" (pardon the pun) of what systems are in the game, how they have changed per update etc, without taking too long. Landing near the rim of one of those new craters should test my precision landing skillz. Should be easier with that lovely new ASAS system. Any new parts (I noticed that HECS probe core in the released photos, so it is rather likely at least a few parts will be added) must be assimilated into my designs. And of course, that new KSC to stare at for hours. :D

I will do what I ALWAYS do on a new KSP game, bring a simple rocket into a stable orbit around kerbin. After that though... (pardon my language) a metric f.-ton of airplanes and SSTO spaceplanes to play with the AWESOME changes they will do with the (A)SAS... seriously, after seeing that video... woopdido, that is the best thing they have put into KSP since the mun!

Place a man kerbal'ed observation post as close as possible to kerbol, so hopefully the next solar event that could humiliates kerbin's space program can be predict more early...

First, I think I'll clean out my list of stuff I've built, multiple test vehicles and what not. Then cross my fingers that mods will work. Thought I read that mods shouldn't be a problem this time. If that's the case I'll likely launch my Kethane/ISA MapSat that I built but haven't launched yet. Then try my new SSTO that I've recently gotten into a 130km ap/80km pe orbit. Maybe this time I'll get it to orbit without using the ion engines HAHA.

I'm kind of up in the air though about using my save, assuming they are able to make a utility that fixes saves. On one hand it'd be nice to continue my current progress, on the other it'd be nice to start fresh too....Hmmmmmmm....:confused::)

Spend a week answering pm's about updating this mod or that mod to 0.21

I really pray for a final release in my lifetime, im 36.. I'd like to see if done before I'm 45 is possible, I don't think Ill live past 50.

Not update until all plugins are. :)

this update *shouldn't* break mods. Worst case, MechJeb doesn't know what to do with the stable ASAS, but one of the testers said they'd been testing mods too, to see how the game reacts.

Spend a week answering pm's about updating this mod or that mod to 0.21

I really pray for a final release in my lifetime, im 36.. I'd like to see if done before I'm 45 is possible, I don't think Ill live past 50.

Nice, thinking nearly the same way I´m 40 and if they don´t speed up a little bit I don´t know if I will see the final version but hey **** happens ...

(and maybe Buzz Aldrins race into space by slitherine will be out soon)

this update *shouldn't* break mods. Worst case, MechJeb doesn't know what to do with the stable ASAS, but one of the testers said they'd been testing mods too, to see how the game reacts.

If this is anything like Minecraft's updates, it'll be weeks if not months of waiting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.