How many people BOUGHT Kerbal Space Program??

AntiProtector

*bought

Squad doesn't want to reveal the sales, for whatever reason. But we know it's one of the higher-ups on Steam.

I would estimate it's around the 700,000 unit mark, thats simply going on spaceport statistics and no actual basis of evidence.

I would estimate it's around the 700,000 unit mark, thats simply going on spaceport statistics and no actual basis of evidence.

That sounds very high. If they sold 700,000 units at $19 each the game would have made 1.3 million dollars for Squad. These numbers would necessarily allow the hiring of more coders, artists, etc. This is not really the case. The team is still very small, and the development cycles are still a little bit too slow for a game of that size.

exactly, what i was thinking about....

There are at least 3 possible futures of this game:

1st When they have enaught money, they will hire more programers, put more investition on it. This project will become big, legendary, and Unique.

2nd More money, they will spend all by themselves or for other projects, and will have Minimum developement and support for KSP,

and they would do this just like Mojangs MINECRAFT (adding only more parts, taking ideas and codes only from MODERS, and else the same)

3rd More money, they will spend all by themselves or for other projects, and will abadon this project..

I am just very woried about it, cause tons of $ are allmost allways Corupting people minds...

And dont tell me that game like MINECRAFT engine worth is: 200 000 000 $, imagine if at least 20% of that money they would spend to make something better..

i hope u understand what i mean....

I just hope, and i trust that this KSP project will be as prommised, and will not disappoint noone..

Edited by AntiProtector

Pfft. Every 30 mins.

You must waste a lot of time checking then.

0.21 won't be released till it is done being tested, and at the moment nobody is sure how much longer it will take.

When it's done though you'll find out quickly.

I am just very woried about it, cause tons of $ are allmost allways Corupting people minds...

i hope u understand what i mean....

Not really. Are you a communist or something ?

You must waste a lot of time checking then.

0.21 won't be released till it is done being tested, and at the moment nobody is sure how much longer it will take.

When it's done though you'll find out quickly.

It's a joke. Actually, every day. Happy now?

At peak 6,348 Concurrent users played it today and 3,370 are playing it right now and it is on second page in the top sellers list on steam so my guess would be that a lot of people bought it during the latest steam sale at least 10,000 or 20,000 or even more. Also there are over 70,000 people registered on this forum so i think at least ten times more people bought the game before summer sale started.

At peak 6,348 Concurrent users played it today and 3,370 are playing it right now and it is on second page in the top sellers list on steam so my guess would be that a lot of people bought it during the latest steam sale at least 10,000 or 20,000 or even more. Also there are over 70,000 people registered on this forum so i think at least ten times more people bought the game before summer sale started.

20.000 would be extremely disappointing for a day when ksp is featured as a pop under on the steam page/client (which has insane traffic during a sale). More like 50.000 to 100.000 for a hyped title like ksp.

for comparison:

http://hitboxteam.com/dustforce-sales-figures

Edited by jfx

Hire more coders?

Invest more money?

I don't see the point.

This is a niche game. Maybe with some broader appeal than other niche games (hardcore sims for one, look at what's happened to the Silent Hunter series), but it's still a niche game. I'm guessing over 50% of the sales that will happen, already have. When it finally gets released, there's not going to be a mad rush of sales from people who were waiting for 1.0.

I wouldn't expect a huge increase in capital being applied to this game. Maybe squad will reassign some coders from other projects to this one to help meet some deadlines, so they don't affect the parent companie's bottom line.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.