Career mode

Pawelk198604

I heard that new update will introduce loot of cool stuff for upcoming Career mode.

I wonder does if the career mode will be finally introduced, does will have an rival, a competing space program, run by evil communist Kerbals:D

I'm sorry I just had to say that:D

Nope, Squad have said a number of times that there won't be a rival or enemy, no weapons, no-one to fight.

Your goal is to conquer space and explore :)

That's cool:-)

But it would be even more if we had pace loving Kerbal under banner of freedom vs Evil Kerbal with banner of conquest:D

They may not add another "Space program" to race against such as the Soviets and American's but could it be modded in? It would be very difficult but possible?

And I don't mean going and blowing up there ships... I mean a cash reward ( once career mode is here ) for getting to the Mun before the other "Nation"

I'm not a modder but it doesn't seem too difficult to do. You could have a timer of sorts that counts down to when your rival lands on the Mun. I don't think you'd need to actually simulate another space program launching and landing. You could just have a dialog pop-up and say "Blahblah Space Program has landed on the Mun! They've received $10,000,000,000 in rewards and are looking towards Duna next!" Then another timer would start for, say 30 in-game days before they launch for Duna. The time would be unrealistic but the distances in KSP are as well so it should balance out.

Just an idea but I think it could be really fun and add some urgency to the game.

I'm not a modder but it doesn't seem too difficult to do. You could have a timer of sorts that counts down to when your rival lands on the Mun. I don't think you'd need to actually simulate another space program launching and landing. You could just have a dialog pop-up and say "Blahblah Space Program has landed on the Mun! They've received $10,000,000,000 in rewards and are looking towards Duna next!" Then another timer would start for, say 30 in-game days before they launch for Duna. The time would be unrealistic but the distances in KSP are as well so it should balance out.

Just an idea but I think it could be really fun and add some urgency to the game.

Exactly, but also to add what you said, be able to watch them launch their rockets from the KSC 2 and if your craft in close enough be able to watch them land. Yes people would end up making torpedoes to try to destroy them but I would like the ability to actually be able to watch the other rival manuever and land and crap like that.

Nope, Squad have said a number of times that there won't be a rival or enemy, no weapons, no-one to fight.

Your goal is to conquer space and explore :)

A few days ago Maxmaps mentioned that Squad would like to have other space centers popping up for you to compete against.

That would be much more difficult to code but a lot more fun!

They could launch towards the Mun and the suffer an, err, orbital 'accident' involving a rival's satellite. It would be a lot of fun. But on a more serious note, maybe the relations between rivals could evolve into a partnership like what we have now. You both could create a space station together and have kerbals from both administrations running it. For this though we'd need a diplomacy simulator and some pretty good AI.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.